What are the BEST & WORST DVC Rooms?

MIAMouseketeer

DIS Veteran
I am working on a personal little project. I'm trying to find out which are the best and/or worst DVC rooms at WDW.

Ex. 3914 & 3915 at the Poly are great because you can get a lake/Magic Kingdom view for Standard Points.
Ex. 5519 at BRV is a corner 1 bedroom with extra room

So that's the information I am looking for. I know there are some rooms at BWV & BCV that have extra large balconies. And there's some Alcove Studios at CCV. That's what I am looking for along with room numbers.

Anyone have any of these?

We had the loading area view at the Riviera last week. Definitely not a great view but seeing Spaceship earth to the side helps a little. I am not a view person and will almost always save points and book a standard view. But at the Riviera Id splurge for the “preferred” view. The standard views are all pretty bad there. We were in 8563.

We were two floors higher than this.
8269.JPG

Last edited:
At BWV, the worst are a 1BR, 1001, and 2BR lock-off, 1003 and 1005. They are the only boardwalk view rooms on the first floor, boardwalk level. If you have the curtains open in any of those, the many hundreds walking by on the boardwalk can look right in. Moreover, you do not even get the pleasure of being able to go straight to the boardwalk out the back glass doors, off the porch, because they put hedges up to prevent that. They are why, when you get boardwalk view, that you should always request upper floor.

At BLT, the worst are the theme park view rooms on the fifth and sixth floor. For all those additional points, you get mostly a "wonderful" view of a large parking lot. The reason higher floor should always be a request with theme park view rooms.

At BLT, the worst are the theme park view rooms on the fifth and sixth floor. For all those additional points, you get mostly a "wonderful" view of a large parking lot. The reason higher floor should always be a request with theme park view rooms.

On the first and second floors(200 and 300) theme park facing rooms are actually classified as standards. I think all of theme park views at BLT are a rip off. It’s parking lot everywhere. Just get a standard and go up to the lounge!

[/QUOTE]
We had the loading area view at the Riviera last week. Definitely not a great view but seeing Spaceship earth to the side helps a little. I am not a view person and will almost always save points and book a standard view. But at the Riviera Id splurge for the “preferred” view. The standard views are all pretty bad there. We were in 8563.

We were two floors higher than this.
8269.JPG
wow this is awful. We had a standard view in June and it was spectacular. I think we were on 7

At BWV, the worst are a 1BR, 1001, and 2BR lock-off, 1003 and 1005. They are the only boardwalk view rooms on the first floor, boardwalk level. If you have the curtains open in any of those, the many hundreds walking by on the boardwalk can look right in. Moreover, you do not even get the pleasure of being able to go straight to the boardwalk out the back glass doors, off the porch, because they put hedges up to prevent that. They are why, when you get boardwalk view, that you should always request upper floor.

These are fantastic! Thanks

VGF 1221: standard studio. The port cochere roof view. BAAAAAAD
Although probably not as bad a view as 1221, we've stayed one floor up in 1321 and we're grateful that at least the view over the porte cochere is finished pitched roofing with pretty gables (as opposed to view of a flat black roof that I once experienced at Jambo in the forefront of my supposed pool view 🙁) ...The angled monorail view also helped make it better.

Isn't 4533 the BRV studio that has no balcony?

Also this isn't at WDW, but Building 25 at HHI has a view of the back of the water slide tower. I've never stayed in that building, but I've always thought that has to be a terrible view!

Last edited:

On the first and second floors(200 and 300) theme park facing rooms are actually classified as standards. I think all of theme park views at BLT are a rip off. It’s parking lot everywhere. Just get a standard and go up to the lounge!

Funny how expectations matter so much - we have stayed on the 4th and maybe even 5th floor with a standard view on the outer circle, and been thrilled how we got a great view for the points. Which is also why I'll always spring for standard. With low expectations, they're at least met, and often exceeded. :)

ETA: DH and I had some points to burn on an adults-only anniversary trip, and got a TPV studio. It was very high up, great view of the park, but then we were out very late both nights so missed the benefit of the view anyway.

What does one do with room number information? Do we have any control over which room number in a category we get?

What does one do with room number information? Do we have any control over which room number in a category we get?
No idea because it is not a good idea to request specific rooms.

Assuming a room assigner even looks at those types of requests, what does he/she do if the room(s) are occupied when you check in? The room assigner has no idea why that particular room was requested, so you get whatever room is left after other people's requests are considered.

It's better to submit one or two general requests. For example, something like high floor across from the bus stop, or Pembe Savanna first or second floor.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter