What are the best (but not expensive) counter service restaurants in each park?

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
We have an upcoming trip to Florida in 3 weeks and will be staying offsite. 6 days will be spent in the Disney Parks and I was hoping for some recommendations for the best counter service restaurants in each park. Also the "best bang for your buck" recommendations are welcome.

In MK, I like Pecos Bills for Tex Mex type options and Columbia Harbor House for fried fish.
In Epcot, Katsura Grill for teriyaki dishes and Tangierine Cafe for shawarma, hummus, falafel, etc.
In AK, Satu'li Canteen for meat / vegetable bowls and Flame Tree BBQ for pulled pork.
In HS, Fairfax Fare for Tex Mex type stuff and Woody's Lunch Box for turkey sandwiches.

As far as "bang for your buck", you might want to read this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/biggest-portions-counter-service.3760508/

People are discussing counter service portions big enough to split into two.

Also, don't over look snack options that are more like a meal. The Disney Food Blog YouTube channel as some good videos that lists snacks that make good meals and are a good value.

Pecos Bill was fine but oh so crowded and chaotic. Online ordering was essential! The food was decent, like Moe's. Large quantity, quick, filling. Not a relaxing spot, though, lol. Columbia Harbor House was good, too, but the quantity is smaller, at least for the lobster rolls which were good. Super quiet and calm upstairs with outlets for charging and nearby clean uncrowded bathrooms! We did 1 TS a day, one packed/hotel room breakfast and snacks, which I thought was fine. The days we ate more felt like too much in the heat. We did hit BOG (lunch) and Sci-fi, which both share similarities with CS for different reasons. Liked them both. I also thought the CR Contempo Cafe was pretty decent, with fun cupcakes amd healthier options, but the variety was too limited for more than one meal.

Splitting large entrees is the way to go, to keep costs down. In the past, the 5 of us can split 3 QS entrees easily. Especially when it's hot.
Our favorites are
MK - CHH You can share the chicken/shrimp platters if some like fried food. I love the tuna sandwich. The four of us are going to split the lobster roll like an app, because we want to try it, and order a couple of other things.
EP - I'm in the minority, nothing, we rarely eat QS here and YCFS is using tilapia instead of cod. That was our favorite and an entree would feed two as a heavy snack. I think Boulangerie in the France pavillion has pretty good prices for WDW. When paying OOP, we always get the metro mezzo pizza at VN.
DHS - nothing. I like HBD lounge but it's not inexpensive. You can order from the regular menu, share, and not have to have an ADR, though.
AK - Satuli Canteen. We love this place. FTBBQ has a large platter that is very sharable, and a good value when doing so. If you have a Landry's card, Y&Y is a good TS for easy seating. Large portions for sharing.

In MK, I like Pecos Bills for Tex Mex type options and Columbia Harbor House for fried fish.
In Epcot, Katsura Grill for teriyaki dishes and Tangierine Cafe for shawarma, hummus, falafel, etc.
In AK, Satu'li Canteen for meat / vegetable bowls and Flame Tree BBQ for pulled pork.
In HS, Fairfax Fare for Tex Mex type stuff and Woody's Lunch Box for turkey sandwiches.
Satu'li is definitely one I have had on my list of maybes.
Pecos Bill was fine but oh so crowded and chaotic. Online ordering was essential! The food was decent, like Moe's. Large quantity, quick, filling. Not a relaxing spot, though, lol. Columbia Harbor House was good, too, but the quantity is smaller, at least for the lobster rolls which were good. Super quiet and calm upstairs with outlets for charging and nearby clean uncrowded bathrooms!
I have never eaten at Columbia Harbour House but have been to Peco's Bill's several times and it is very hectic. CHH it is! Thanks.
Our favorites are
MK - CHH You can share the chicken/shrimp platters if some like fried food. I love the tuna sandwich. The four of us are going to split the lobster roll like an app, because we want to try it, and order a couple of other things.
AK - Satuli Canteen. We love this place. FTBBQ has a large platter that is very sharable, and a good value when doing so. If you have a Landry's card, Y&Y is a good TS for easy seating. Large portions for sharing.
CHH has made it to our list of possibilities. Satu'li Canteen looks like a possibility. We have eaten a FTB several times and a change might be nice. We actually do have reservations of Y&Y as it is one of my family's favourites. What is this Landry's card you speak of and would it be available to Canadians?

We like Les Halles in France (EP). My kids love their warmed ham & cheese croissant. I think it's around $4.00, and it it fills them up as a breakfast or lunch. Sunshine Seasons in EP is good too.

What is this Landry's card you speak of and would it be available to Canadians?
Landry select card
It's a membership card that costs $25. That $25 is then put toward the bill at your next meal at a Landry's location. You also get a $25 reward for your birthday month. You can choose the month you're going, and that works nicely if you tend to always visit WDW then. If you have the card, you have priority to be seated before the other guests, even if they've made an ADR. Worth it for that since it's popular and there's a reliable wait during busy times.
Landry's Select Club® ("Club") membership is open to all individuals 16 years of age or older legally residing in the United States and countries that legally permit participation. The program is intended for individual use only.
Not sure if Canada has rules against joining, but if they don't you're good.

@anorman Not sure what part of Canada you're from, but adding on to the Landry's discussion, there are several Landry's seafood restaurants in the Vancouver, BC area.

I bought my Landry's card at Yak&Yeti on a whim, but it turns out there are 8 Landry's restaurants in the Washington DC area so DH and I have a date night at one of their locations every other month or so. We've already had a couple hundred dollars in rewards.

AK - Satu'li - both desserts are delicious, plus the chicken bowl was really good too
MK - Harbor House
EP - Katsura Grill
HS - Only one we ate at was PizzeRizzo and it was ok
DS - Chicken Guy and Cooke's of Dublin

I would say biggest bang for you buck in MK would be Columbia Harbour House. Huge portions that I think they're easily shareable as long as you're not huge eaters.
I would also say Satuli Canteen in AK. These portions I wouldn't really consider shareable, but it's a good amount of food that doesn't lay super heavy and is probably my favorite in park QS.
I can't speak to EP or HS really because I haven't really had QS in EP due to the festivals. HS QS is pretty lacking and I don't think there's much that's recommendable other than Woody's.
DS affordable would be Chicken Guy and Earl of Sandwhich. I haven't been to either yet since I typically use the dining plan so it doesn't make sense for me, but I've only ever heard good things about both. Have so much fun!!

My favs for MK and AK have been discussed. I can’t add much to what has been said.

Quick service at HS is mostly meh. Not bad, but there’s not much note worthy or interesting either. The best right now would probably be Woody’s in Toy Story Land. The rest is pretty standard theme park fast food.

At Epcot, I actually like Sunshine Seasons in The Land if one of the quick service locations in World Showcase doesn’t grab your attention. They have some pretty good choices. Though I tend to just go with the style of food I’m in the mood for on a particular day.

@anorman Not sure what part of Canada you're from, but adding on to the Landry's discussion, there are several Landry's seafood restaurants in the Vancouver, BC area.

I bought my Landry's card at Yak&Yeti on a whim, but it turns out there are 8 Landry's restaurants in the Washington DC area so DH and I have a date night at one of their locations every other month or so. We've already had a couple hundred dollars in rewards.

So you can actually use Landry's cards at Yak & Yeti? Are there any other restaurants on Disney property that accept Landry's?

Just my favorites:

MK: Sleepy Hollow or Columbia Harbor House.
EP: Sunshine Seasons & Kringla Bakeri og Cafe, though really anything in World Showcase is going to do you well.
HS: Are there any?
AK: Satu'li Canteen and Harambe Market

Also love CHH for MK, mostly because we can always find lovely calm seating upstairs and I enjoy the food. Probably prefer the food at Peco's (love the top your own stations, can easily stretch a meal that way), but is too crazy to be enjoyable most of the time.

AK: love the counter service of Y&Y (can't remember its name). Did TS at Y&Y and actually prefer the QS.

Epcot: now love food & wine festival, but not cheap and not helpful if you aren't there in the fall. Like Sunshine Seasons for A/C and lots of seating, have found some good value healthy options there.

Epcot- Katsura Grill in Japan. You get meat, veggies, and rice. Plus a drink and a dessert. The fried chicken cutlet with curry and rice is a ton of food. I got an iced tea and Green Tea Ice Cream as well. Love the food there.

AK- Satuli Canteen

Magic Kingdom- Pecos Bills

Hollywood Studios- Nothing. I would just go to Rosies All American and Fairfax Fair and get just do your best. I like the Fried Green Tomato sandwich meal.

I think the plan for now is:
CHH at MK for lunch.....our other MK evening maybe Pecos Bills or snack around....I love funnel cake! Not much of a supper but there it is.
Satu'li Canteen at evening AK for supper....our other AK day we have a Y&Y ADR for lunch.
We will likely snack around the world at Epcot.
HS seems like a loss for QS....any suggestions for good snacks?

Last edited:
In HS for a good (and shareable) snack try Epic Center (formerly Oasis Canteen) for a funnel cake with strawberry topping. It is one snack credit on dining plan, or approximately $9. Like I said shareable (We shared by 3 and still had plenty left over).

If you enjoy popcorn and don't mind carrying it around, all parks sell a refillable bucket of popcorn, cost of bucket with popcorn approximately $10. Refills are $2 each. The bucket is good for length of stay, meaning your 6 Park days. (The reason I am stating approximately is because at Disney everything "is subject to change at any time.)

At Epcot for snacks consider stopping at France, any of the pastries are excellent. Any of the cupcakes are a must do for us, especially the chocolate one in Germany. (If you'd like to share, just ask cm. They are more than happy to cut and divide cupcakes to candy apples!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter