What are must dos?

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
Ok need help 4 first trip. Any restaurants that a first timer must do??princess:

Hi I and G mom,

Who is in your party and what are the ages. There are so many really great dining choices. I think, typically you'll find the food in the resorts a bit better than in the parks. But lots to do. If travelling with kids, my #1 choice would have to be the Hoop Dee Doo Review! Have fun planning:earsgirl:

For us a character meal is a must-do....with or without kids! There are a bunch to choose from, but we really enjoy the ones at Garden Grill & 1900 Park Fare.

You aren't at the 90 day mark yet, so I'd try for Cinderlla's Royal Table for breakfast. It's the hardest one to get. There's thread at the top of the forum about it I think.

Some people really enjoy Chef Mickey's but we didn't enjoy it all & will probably not eat there again.

Another must-do for us is Boma. We stayed at AKL, so it was very convenient for us...but we'd go even if it wasn't!

I think a must-do for a first-timer is the Sci Fi Theater!! The food isn't all that spectacular, but the experience is fun! We like to go just for fries and a malt! :)

I agree a character meal is a must do. Since we dont know who is in the party I would suggest Chef Mickeys since that appeals to everyone. We have eaten breakfast there in 98, 00, 01, & 03 and always had a wonderful meal! There is a wide variety of food and the character interaction is great. Last time we brought our neighbors with us for their first WDW visit and they were very impressed by the whole set up there.
As we left, Goofy got my 2 DSs and their friends on the ground doing pushups with him. It was priceless!

We went to the Hoop De Doo several years ago and it was a lot of fun and will go again our next trip. Other restaurants we enjoy (with myself DH and DS's age 11) are The Liberty Tree Tavern MK, 50's Prime Time Cafe MGM- where you must mind your manners or Mama will tell you to Keep your elbows off the table -(DH likes their pot roast), Sci Fi Doiner was fun, I have read that the food isn't too good, but we had the roasted chicken and it was fine, also DS's cleaned theri plates, they thougt the food was great! Pizza Planet at MGM is good for counter service, (its the only counter service my kids like). In EPCOT we always eat at Biergarten in Germany, it is a buffet which DH usually won't eat at, but we all enjoy this one. Le Cellier is a new favorite with DS's, we never had a bad meal there. And we usually eat at L'Originale in Italy, its the only place I will eat Fettichinni Alfredo, since I have had it there, I don't eat it ANYWHERE else.
We have been reading good things about Marrakesh in Morocco, and plan to try that next visit.

On our last trip we went to O'Hana's in the Polynesian and it was great, another place DS's ate everything. I kept asking why we never tried it before, especially when that is where we have always stayed.

Look at the menus and pick places where there are things you like to eat ( we started this with DS's as they can be picky and don't usually order from the childrens menu).

Le Cellier,Prime Time Cafe,Mama Melrose's,House of Blues,Teppanyaki got to go now have made myself hungry.:wave: :teeth: ::MickeyMo

These are our must includes on our trips:

Ohana's (definate favorite of our family)
LTT (DH's favorite, not mine; would rather do Crystal Palace)
Whispering Canyon (got ketsup?)
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys
Prime Time 50's Cafe

What we did on our last trip in June:
Ohana's
Bomas twice (group of 12; favorite of most)
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon(has the best salad!)
LTT (I don't like the Thanksgiving meal thing, but most everyone in our group did)
Prime Time 50's
Mickey's Backyard Barbecue(if you like country music, you may like it, I found it a bit pricy for what you got)
CRT (definate do for little girls in party)
Storybook breakfast (great alternative to CRT)
Donald's Breakfastsaurus (fun time)
Sunset Grille at Hard Rock Hotel (not that great, but a character meal with Scooby Doo and Woody Woodpecker)

Have a great time planning!
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter