What airlines should I consider from Toronto to Orlando?

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
My daughter has decided to join us In Orlando in March 2024 and will be flying out of Toronto. What airlines should I consider booking with? I’ve never booked a flight from Toronto to Orland, despite having been to Orlando over a dozen times 😂 Thanks!

You will have a lot of choices! WestJet,Air Canada,Porter, Flair, several US Airlines. I would book a flight time she would like, direct flight, best price. Good luck!

You will have a lot of choices! WestJet,Air Canada,Porter, Flair, several US Airlines. I would book a flight time she would like, direct flight, best price. Good luck!
I've heard lots of negative things about Flair. Any other airlines that I should avoid or airlines that are preferred?

WestJet and Air Canada are what they are. I've only flown Porter a couple of times, on prop planes out of the Island Airport, and I loved it. But I think they fly the commuter planes to MCO out of YYZ?

Transat may still do a YYZ-MCO route. They aren't bad (but they aren't as good as the other three I mentioned either), so worth checking out.

You have:
Air Canada
Air Canada Rouge
Air Transat
Canada Jetlines
Lynx Air
Porter Airlines
Sunwing Airlines
Westjet (which also flies to Hamilton as well)

Some are significantly safer options. Porter, Air Transat, Air Canada and Westjet. I have aeroplane so fly AC whenever I can. I would take Air Transat over Westjet. IFE systems at every seat on their newer planes and the seats are bigger.

Well, I won't be able to tell anyone how my experience with Lynx was. Just spent 3 hours rebooking and flying out of Buffalo to still make my March break plans come together.

Well, I won't be able to tell anyone how my experience with Lynx was. Just spent 3 hours rebooking and flying out of Buffalo to still make my March break plans come together.
Sorry to hear that you were affected by the Lynx insolvency. Hopefully it doesn't cost you too much to make the change.

I'm trying Lynx in March. Hoping it will go well.
Unfortunately, you are no longer going to be flying Lynx. They announced today that they are closing in the next several days and are advising customers to seek refunds from their credit card companies.

I always use GoogleFlights to get an idea of what airlines tend to fly a specific route, but we mainly fly United due to flying on points.

Unfortunately, you are no longer going to be flying Lynx. They announced today that they are closing in the next several days and are advising customers to seek refunds from their credit card companies.
Yup, saw it the night before. Spent a few hours finding direct flights out of Buffalo instead. Anything westjet or air Canada involved stops or way high prices, even with westjet offers. Cost more than before but should get my money back soon according to my credit card company.

Our Air Canada flight last Thursday was 7 1/2 hours late leaving Toronto. And I noticed our flight number back today is also 7 1/2 hours late (we are actually leaving on Tuesday, so I hope it’s OK.) I’ve been paying attention the last week, and it’s amazing how many of the flights are very late. I’m starting to think that the Toronto to Orlando route gets low priority, and they steal the planes to service other routes when they have a shortage. Because why is it always seven hours? I don’t know. Of course they won’t give you compensation because they called it a safety issue. Even though the pilot said they had to scramble to shift planes around.

Our Air Canada flight last Thursday was 7 1/2 hours late leaving Toronto. And I noticed our flight number back today is also 7 1/2 hours late (we are actually leaving on Tuesday, so I hope it’s OK.) I’ve been paying attention the last week, and it’s amazing how many of the flights are very late. I’m starting to think that the Toronto to Orlando route gets low priority, and they steal the planes to service other routes when they have a shortage. Because why is it always seven hours? I don’t know. Of course they won’t give you compensation because they called it a safety issue. Even though the pilot said they had to scramble to shift planes around.
Oh no! sorry to hear that you were delayed for so long. Fingers crossed that we leave on time tomorrow

If a plane gets pulled for repair it can have a knock on impact. For an early morning flight, if the plane gets held. They have to find another one. Easiest solution is to wait until a comparable plane comes in from Europe, use that to service a wide body short haul mission and than shift a plane from a late European departure to an early European departure and use the short haul wide body to fly the late mission that is usually going to London or Paris. By the next morning the removed plane should be back in service.

So in the case you bring up, a plane went down from maintenance, they waited until another comparable plane came in from Lisbon, used that for the Orlando route, shifted a 787-9 into the A330 mission to London and than used the Orlando divert for the second London departure.

I've been on the other side when they diverted a YVR destined plane to do the Orlando run. AC has a comparably large wide body fleet but also flies everywhere and has those 80 plus planes based out of 3 airports. Can get tricky.

Try Flair out of London Ontario, bit of a hike down but descent prices for a Thursday- Thursday to Sanford. Take a lift into Orlando.

Or fly out of Buffalo, Pearson flights can be a huge headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter