What about the talking fountain in IOA? Are they pulling the plug on it?

It was working when I was there on Friday. It is a fun diversion.

As ridiculous as I feel typing this, the talking fountain is one of my favorite attractions/diversions at IOA. I make a point to stop by a couple of times during the day to check it out.

We love IOA and never go to Orlando without stopping in for at least a day. But I have never seen a talking fountain where is it?? We'll be their again next March and I can't wait to suprise my family.

The Talking Fountain is in the Lost Continent section right near the Sinbad Show......

the fountain had the deep voice going 9/30. It was just crying it's eye out:D

The Mystic Fountain...one of my favorites...Don't forget to throw in a coin and make a wish!;)

I hope NOT!!! The first time we went to IOA was in summer. We where walking around the fountain when it started talking to my 3 children (we had no idea it could squirt water). Well, let me tell you, they got soooooo wet. I don't think I heard them laugh so hard before. We got them on video. That was about 3 years ago and they say that was their favorite part of IOA. I hope they continue with the fountain.:) They would be so disappointed not to see it again.

We HAVE to check this out! ...Going to IoA for the first time on 11/2/01.
Which part of the park is this in?? :D

It's right in front of the entrance to the Sinbad Show in the Lost Continent.

Does anyone else spend over an hour at a time talking to the fountain or is it just me?

You can ask the fountain opinions about TV shows, movies, restaurants, Disney theme parks, etc..

One time we got into a whole discussion about what movie I should see after the park closes. The fountain went into a whole speech about how he's legally obligated to promote JP3 but he did rent Dude Where's My Car yesterday and thought it was a pretty good movie.

Another funny incident was when my friend went up to the fountain and asked it's opinion of the Disney parks. The fountain made fun of my friend saying that he must get a lot of pleasure walking hand in hand with mickey through the magic kingdom.

Apparantley the fountain must have access to a computer with City Walk info because I asked the fountain where he thinks I should go to dinner, Margaritaville or PastaMore. The fountain started going through some menu items giving his opinion of them. He finally concluded that Margaritaville would be the better choice because PastaMore is "kind of cheap".

The male fountaints tend to be more willing to get into conversations. I will not get into the time when my friend asked the female fountain out on a date but her reaction was worth the price of admission alone!

Has anyone else had long convo's with the fountain or are we the only crazy ones? :D

Jon360

Only an hour conversation? LOL. I swear we spent 2 hours with the fountain during our trip (on one occasion). We visited it 3 or 4 times all together. Hey your nothing, until the fountain declares you a cool mom becasue you want to get wet. The fountain is a blast

Just so no one is dissapointed,one time I walked by the fountain in late afternoon and there was no voice, only a bubbling noise. I don't know if "the voice" quits at 5pm or was on a break.

The first time the fontain got me was because another guest with a very thick accent kept pointed towards the fountain like something was wrong. I couldn't really understand what he was saying so I wandered up for a closer look, duh!:rolleyes:

that's why we love you northeaster's at the park. you always are good for a laugh. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter