What about Disney Quest????

WDW TRIP NUT

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about Disney Quest? I'm trying to decide between Ultimate Park Hoppers and 7 day Hopper Plus. Since Disney Quest is not included in the Hopper Plus tickets I need help deciding if my 9-year old and 7 year old would enjoy DQ. They LOVE arcade games but are not big Thrill riders. Is there enough for them to do there without the Roller Coaster type virtual reality games?

My DD are 7 and 11. We visited DQ for the first time this year. It was their favorite part of our vacation. We went on a Tuesday so it was empty. We stayed for 8 hours and didn't get bored. Could have stayed longer but the Alladin attraction made my DH sick:( If your kids like arcade games they will LOVE DQ. Our fav was Pirates of the Carribean. We were able to walk on this over and over during the afternoon!!! We got our ticket at a huge discount from http://www.floridaorlandotickets.com/ . They were quick and friendly.

My DD are 7 and 11 and are not thrill riders either. We vistied DQ for the first time last summer, and won't skip it again. It was their favorite part of our vacation. We were there 8 hours and only left because the Alladin attraction made my DH sick :(. We ordered our tickets ahead from http://www.floridaorlandotickets.com/
and got a huge discount over the door.
Our fav was Pirates of the Carribean. We were there on a Tuesday, and the place was empty. We were able to walk on to it over and over in the afternoon.
Can't wait to go back. Well worth a day!!!

Oops, posted twice!!! Said my first post didn't go through so I tried again!!!!:p

They should probably enjoy it. They should enjoy many of the rides there like Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, Virtural Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean. The only ones I would recogmend skipping would be Virtural Space Mountain and Invasion since they are more intense.

WASTE OF TIME!!! Everyone I talk to says the same thing...its $25 to spend a day there to do what play video games?? please I'd rather hotel hop all day....take ur car (buses don't go from hotel to hotel) and the gate guard lets u rite in just tell them u wanted to visit the hotel...as long as u stay in the resort he'll c ur WDW parking pass an let u rite in! I recomend going to Wilderness lodge in the morning go swiming look in the shop enjoy the scenery it's very pretty...have lunch @ the Whispering Canyon Cafe...it's alot of fun u get chicken ribs potatos and they serve some pretty good salads too!! The waiters and Waitresses all put on a show for u (don't 4get to ask what the fish of the day is...just trust me lol)!! In the afternoon head over to the Polynesian GrandFloridian Dixie Landings (is so charming) have a small dinner at the food court they have some decent food a little less pricy then ur lunch!! Believe me I'm a child an I have tons of fun doing this w/ my parents!! It really is a good time!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: have a nice vacation!! buh bye!!

Trip Nut,

I had the same problem in trying to decide what type of tickets to get. I went with the 7day hopper+ over the 8day/7night ultimate because a) we would be arriving late afternoon/early evening so that would be a waste of a park pass, b) 7dh+ and DQ is less then UHT c) we already plan at least one day without going to the parks and d) any unused days on 7DH+ are good for the next trip.

Ken

Last week when at Downtown Disney I noticed that they were advertising late night admisssion at Disney Quest. It was around 10pm when we passed. The place was empty and they were selling admission for $15.

My family and I absolutely LOVED Disney Quest! We went there for the first time last year and we will make sure that we go there every time we're in Disney!

DQ is more than just playing video games. My DH and are are late 40's and our daughter is 10 and we love going to DQ. Our favorites there are the virtual jungle cruise (which makes me laugh until my sides ache, since we are especially lame at steering the raft), Pirates of the Caribbean and Cyber Space Mountain. Designing and riding your own roller coaster is a hoot. Not to mention the delights that await at the Cheesecake Factory Express...and I ain't just talking cheesecake! Anyone who dismisses DQ as merely a place to play video games must A. have an incredible game system at home B. not have taken the time to check out all 5 floors or C. gotten nailed pretty badly in the hysterical bumper/cannon cars. I say: go for it!:bounce:

And don't forget the Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam. This was a blast - plus you get a real aerobic workout. Pirates is the best. The Jungle Cruise is also fun, but it makes me dizzy, so I leave it to the rest of the family. I don't do Aladdin, either. We also had a blast in the Animation Academy where they teach you to draw Disney characters. My husband and niece liked Ride The Comix. We were there about 3-4 hours last Friday (after Christmas). You need to get there early when it opens - and that depends on each day, sometimes 10:30 or 11:30 or 11. But it was getting pretty crowded by 2PM.

I love DisneyQuest. And have seen tons of children your childrens age having a ball. And as was mentioned above the Cheesecake factory has great cheesecake and some good other food choices (I don't know why anyone would eat anything of cheesecake)

Now I think when you go to DQ makes a big difference. If you choose a time when everyone else is there it can be crowded and lead to less time on the attractions everyone wants to do. I think it would be worth a trip for you to DQ- and as for tickets - I am just not sure what is the best deal.

Have a great time --

Thanks everyone for the imput! This really helps me decide. Since my boys' favorite attraction is the arcade at the CR (LOL), I think they will LOVE it and they will probably want to go several times. If we get the Ultimate Park Hoppers I really think we will get our money's worth from them since we will arrive to WDW mid-morning. I've also PROMISED my boys (and my DH-LOL) that I will give up some of my Obsessive Disney planning and let the boys actually have some imput in what we do. So therefore; I'm sure that we will visit DQ several times making the Ultimate Park Hopper the way to go.

One note, Nut:

An annual pass to DQ is only about $85. As has been discussed on these boards numerous times, the Ultimate Hoppers frequently aren't the best deal, so it might not be the best deal to get an Ultimate Hopper just for the DQ admission.

I recommend that you determine what the best admission would be for your trip if you weren't going to visit DQ at all. If you'd still make use of an ultimate hopper, then get it. If, however, you were planning to get cheaper tickets (like five day hoppers) you should determine the difference in price between the cheapest media that fits your plans and the Ultimate Hopper for your length of stay. If the difference is more than $85 per person, get the cheaper tickets and a DQ annual pass. It will save money, and if you go back to WDW within a year, it will save even more money.

One other consideration: single admissions to DQ can be found for as little as $21 through the Mousesavers newsletter. That means you have to go five times to get a value from either the annual pass or the Ultimate Hopper. If you are positive that you will be able to go three times maximum, getting single admissions would be best. However, having an annual pass or Ultimate Hopper means you can send the kids into DQ for just an hour or two without feeling like you're wasting a full day's admission, and they'll probably want to go for a little while every day. I do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter