What a Week Already!

Something similar happened here--big storm, 150,000 people without power, and hot/humid. The storm was on Saturday, they didn't get everyone back up and running until yesterday.

Hope you can stay with family or a hotel for a few days, sucks to be without power.

Well, my cameras confirm that power and internet are back online, so I'm ahead of most of the city. A friend of mine had a utility pole snap in half in his back yard, just laying there. That's gonna be a while!

Brian, where are you located? We had torrential rain last night in a narrow band. It sat over us for a very long time. Our current house is ok but our new house had the driveway wash out terribly. My husband and BIL had just dug a 100 foot trench to bury the electric line underground. They hadn’t had a chance to fill it back in before the rain. On one end the mud all got washed back in the trench under the conduit. My poor husband was just sick about it. This weather lately is insane.

So now a huge stom hit the city and my power is out. It may be days before it is repaired considering 90,000+ people are out. I was going to have the water heater done tomorrow, but that will be difficult with no power. It's going to get HOT too. Man...I am about over this.
I was going to ask if you’ve got power? Ours went out Monday just after 3pm and returned briefly at 4:45pm. Then out again when the storm reared it’s ugly head around 5:45. Didn’t return until after 9pm. With the heat index over 100* it was not fun.

Earlier this month we lost power for 44hours. Horrible in the heat, but not as bad as friends on the other side of town who lost power for 5 days.

I was going to ask if you’ve got power? Ours went out Monday just after 3pm and returned briefly at 4:45pm. Then out again when the storm reared it’s ugly head around 5:45. Didn’t return until after 9pm. With the heat index over 100* it was not fun.

Earlier this month we lost power for 44hours. Horrible in the heat, but not as bad as friends on the other side of town who lost power for 5 days.

I did get power back about mid-day yesterday. On Tuesday, I was at my parent's house and they lost power for a few hours before the storm hit. I had to leave since I was trying to work, but the house-sitter siad it cam eback and went out again , so similar to you. My Interent went out for a time last night, but appears to be back. It's a mess out there though for sure!

I'm with you. Just shelled out $1700 for a new water heater and expansion tank and it's only the tip of the iceberg, this place needs so much work. Houses are too expensive, I'm wondering why I chose to do this to myself.

I'm with you. Just shelled out $1700 for a new water heater and expansion tank and it's only the tip of the iceberg, this place needs so much work. Houses are too expensive, I'm wondering why I chose to do this to myself.

No kidding! Now I'm having electrical weridness after the storms too. I think it's in the lines though as they continue to fix neighborhoods.

No kidding! Now I'm having electrical weridness after the storms too. I think it's in the lines though as they continue to fix neighborhoods.
I'm so sorry! I read further in the post and saw you were having more troubles, hopefully this electrical stuff ends up being a "them" problem and not another thing for you to take care of

When it rains it pours :faint:
We’ve had years like that too where you feel like you can’t come up for air - it’s one thing after another. Those are the years we have a few Fireball shots right before 12:00pm on NYE to say good riddance to the year - LOL!
Good luck with everything - sending lots of PD for you to not have any more home issues the rest of the year :wizard:
I'm seeing you in a whole new light. 😂

We put in a tankless water heater for $3800 a few years back. Best choice ever!!

I'm so sorry! I read further in the post and saw you were having more troubles, hopefully this electrical stuff ends up being a "them" problem and not another thing for you to take care of

I think it is. It seems like maybe a tree branch or something is pushing on a line somewhere near me. I did call last night and report it. The little blips are annoying!

I'm seeing you in a whole new light. 😂

We put in a tankless water heater for $3800 a few years back. Best choice ever!!
LOL!
Yep….I definitely can cut loose and enjoy my shots sometimes :drinking1

Well, on the plus side, the power issues were on the utility company's side and they came out and fixed it all. They had to re-run my service lines, but it seems to have worked. At least I don't have to shell out for an electrician.

Well, on the plus side, the power issues were on the utility company's side and they came out and fixed it all. They had to re-run my service lines, but it seems to have worked. At least I don't have to shell out for an electrician.
Not sure where your located but I'm in Memphis and this has been insane. Last week we were out for over 100 hours. Today it went back off for another 2 hours for no known reason. I assume they were back to correct something. Now tonight we have almost no water coming out - like not enough to flush toilets.

Th one storm last week has me at over 5k. Tree damage, roof damage, fridge contents were tossed, 4 nights in a hotel, once the power came back I found out we had electrical surge and the fridge was toast.

Not sure where your located but I'm in Memphis and this has been insane. Last week we were out for over 100 hours. Today it went back off for another 2 hours for no known reason. I assume they were back to correct something. Now tonight we have almost no water coming out - like not enough to flush toilets.

Th one storm last week has me at over 5k. Tree damage, roof damage, fridge contents were tossed, 4 nights in a hotel, once the power came back I found out we had electrical surge and the fridge was toast.

Hello, fellow Memphian! Yeah, it's been a rough go. Actually, my power wasn't out that long initially, but it just didn't work right when it came back. I have had problems like this before though, so I think it just exacerbated an existing issue. It is SO much better now! Apparently yesterday at about 6 PM there was a city-wide "incident" that blinked everyone's power, and may have affected some pumping stations for water. I think that's all passed though.

I'm sorry for all the expense associated with it. My buddy lost most of his fridge stuff as he was out for like five days. Even my office lost power a couple of times. It's really been crazy, and it's pretty late for this kind of storm season.

Last edited:

Hello, fellow Memphian! Yeah, it's been a rough go. Actually, my power wasn't out that long initially, but it just didn't work right when it came back. I have had problems liek this before though, so I think it just exacerbated an existing issue. It is SO much better now! Apparently yesterday at about 6 PM there was a city-wide "incident" that blinked everyone's power, and may have affected some pumping stations for water. I think that's all passed though.

I'm sorry for all the expense associated with it. My buddy lost most of his fridge stuff as he was out for like five days. Even my office lost power a couple of times. It's really been crazy, and it's pretty late for this kind of storm season.
Hello fellow Memphian's. I'm in Lakeland/Arlington area. I was reading posts of those losing power and water last night in my neck of the woods. For once we did not lose power. But we did notice that our water pressure must have dropped briefly about bedtime. We left town for the weekend and came home to flashing clocks, telling us we once again lost power. I'm so over the power outages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter