• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s your favorite soup?

all of these yummy soups are making me long for the time i worked with a group who engaged in a weekly soup sharing day wherein each of us took a turn to bring a crockpot of soup. the smell of simmering soup, the opportunity to try types i had never encountered before-delicious :lovestruc

I make a great chorizo, chickpea, and potato soup. Very tasty and super filling.

Basically this recipe, but I leave out the leek (my grocery store only sells them in large bundles and I have no other need for them) and I have used a variety of different chorizos. Spanish chorizo is harder to find, but Portuguese chouriça works, chicken chorizo that is probably more Mexican works fine.

Greek Avgolemono (it‘s chicke, rice lemon and egg) it’s soooo good !
Corn chowder
WW Cabbage soup but I use Soffrito as the base and add a can of spicy V8
White chicken Chili over rice

My mom loves Italian style wedding soup and she actually discovered it by accident when our supermarket had a sale on it and was curious about it and so my mom bought a can of Italian style wedding soup and she loved it and it has become one my mom's favorite soups. My mother also loves beef and barley soup too. I myself love fideo and chicken noodle soup and to me there's nothing better on a rainy winter day than sitting down to a hot bowl of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup because it tastes so good. But if I had one soup of choice it would be ramen noodles because I don't know why ramen noodle soup is my favorite but give some to me and i'm a happy camper. My father loves vegetable soup and he usually buys cans of Campbell's Chunky Vegetable Soup and if you give Dad that soup he always is happy and he eats crackers with it too

Maryland crab soup. It's a red tomato based soup with tons of vegetables, blue crab meat and crab boil seasoning. It's a big deal around here. Serve it with some oyster crackers or saltines. It's a good starter before crab cakes. 😁
I made Maryland crab soup last night. Sautéed celery and onions, beef broth, tomato juice, can of diced tomatoes, frozen mixed veggies, two heaping spoonfuls of Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce. Simmer then let cool. Add container of fresh crab meat (I used claw), reheat and enjoy.

We are big soup eaters (drinkers? Slurpers?) in our family. Big difference on what we make on the stove and what is easier to just buy though.

Make at home:
Turkey noodle (post- Thanksgiving)
Ham and Bean
Butternut squash (sometimes with apple)
Lobster Bisque
Beef Noodle soup (Taiwanese version)

Purchase:
Italian wedding
New England Clam chowder (we also like the Rhode Island Clear version)

Soups nobody likes in our house:
Manhattan clam chowder
French onion
Split pea

Too many to mention. I could live on soup. A make a lobster soup that is based on the one that Coral Reef used to serve many years ago. I made up the recipe based on taste. The recipe came out years after and I was pretty darn close. It’s fantastic if I say so myself. It’s a soup not bisque. Also a spicy Mexican chicken soup.

you've all inspired me. i have some bell peppers i need to use up so i'm defrosting ground beef and will make stuffed bell pepper soup :thumbsup2

We love soup as well. We make all of ours homemade as we aren’t fond of the canned, plus the sodium content. Low sodium cans taste bland.

Our favorite homemade soups are:

Split pea
Chicken noodle
Tomato
pasta fagioli
chicken barley
Tortellini soup - sometimes add chicken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter