• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s with Fridays in early December?

GaryDis

DIS Veteran
The TP crowd calendar is rating the second and third Fridays in Dec. as a 5, with Saturdays an 8 at DLP, 6 at DCA. I’m not that familiar with DisneyLand weekend crowd patterns, having scheduled our recent previous trips for mid-week. I’m used to WDW, where a low crowd prediction is often associated with an early closing for a special hard ticket event. I’m also undecided about the Candlelight Processional (which may or may not be the weekend we’re there).

Should we just assume TP is correct, and book DLP for Friday and DCA for Saturday, assuming the parks will have reasonably similar hours each day? Reconsider getting Park Hopper passes? We’re not that interested in the rides, and will be doing more of the parades and show’s (but did the World of Color dessert party two visits ago).

Many thanks

I mean it makes sense as it is a locals park, and the locals are working and their kids are in school on Friday and not the next day.

Ditto - TP is not accurate at all for DL or DCA. Do not base your plans off of them.

The better guide to crowding is the MKey calendar. If you can go when more keys are blocked it typically means lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter