What’s the secret handshake to get

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
To speak to Ticket help? Have some complicated questions I need to ask. But three phone calls adding up to over three hours and have heard a good chunk of Disney’s entire music collection without speaking to anyone.

I did ask Dvc cast member for help with tix and she gave me a number to call. I was surprised at this. I thought they were empowered to take care of ticket issues? , not that it’s easy to get through to them either. Sigh.

To speak to Ticket help? Have some complicated questions I need to ask. But three phone calls adding up to over three hours and have heard a good chunk of Disney’s entire music collection without speaking to anyone.

I did ask Dvc cast member for help with tix and she gave me a number to call. I was surprised at this. I thought they were empowered to take care of ticket issues? , not that it’s easy to get through to them either. Sigh.
I feel for you and good luck!

I had some ticket issues a few months ago and the main line does lead to people who, while very nice, aren't really that helpful.

I was finally able to get transferred to someone who knew exactly what I needed and how to solve it. I'm assuming I was just lucky and unfortunately, I don't have a direct line.

They did say the best time to call was first thing in the morning. I never did that though.

Is there an option for email contact? I used that for a ticket issue and got an email response with a name, number and times to call.

I had some ticket issues a few months ago and the main line does lead to people who, while very nice, aren't really that helpful.

I was finally able to get transferred to someone who knew exactly what I needed and how to solve it. I'm assuming I was just lucky and unfortunately, I don't have a direct line.

They did say the best time to call was first thing in the morning. I never did that though.

thanks for empathising! When do they open? I started today at 9 AM sharp.

I waited on hold for 4hrs and 46 min yesterday and finally got a ticket person who was able to change our old tickets to ones we can use in 2022. It only took him about 10 min to do. Patience is key.

thanks for empathising! When do they open? I started today at 9 AM sharp.
I don't remember, but I think it was closer to 7 / 7:30am EST. That could be for a different department I needed to also call, so I can't be sure. Sorry

I feel your pain, I called four times, we had some issues that couldn't be corrected on MDE or live chat. The first time I called, I gave up after an hour. Second time disconnected after finally reaching someone after an hour and half (of Disney music). Third time, I finally spoke to someone and I said "if we are disconnected, please call me back, here's my number". After I gave him all the information and explained everything needed, we were disconnected and he never called me back. Fourth time, I waited about 45 minutes (called first thing in the morning) and got the SAME guy that I asked to call me back if disconnected lol. Anyhow, we got it all worked out and we are finally good to go!
Call first thing in the morning, you can ask the first person that answers how long is the wait time (they know) and you can put the phone in the other room and check back 15 minutes before estimated wait time. I did that and it worked!

I feel your pain, I called four times, we had some issues that couldn't be corrected on MDE or live chat. The first time I called, I gave up after an hour. Second time disconnected after finally reaching someone after an hour and half (of Disney music). Third time, I finally spoke to someone and I said "if we are disconnected, please call me back, here's my number". After I gave him all the information and explained everything needed, we were disconnected and he never called me back. Fourth time, I waited about 45 minutes (called first thing in the morning) and got the SAME guy that I asked to call me back if disconnected lol. Anyhow, we got it all worked out and we are finally good to go!
Call first thing in the morning, you can ask the first person that answers how long is the wait time (they know) and you can put the phone in the other room and check back 15 minutes before estimated wait time. I did that and it worked!

I know everyone is stressed and stretched. But those kinds of waits are really unconscionable.

I know everyone is stressed and stretched. But those kinds of waits are really unconscionable.
Right, it's very odd, in all my years, I've never dealt with this type wait time! Makes me think they need to do some hiring, especially since I got the same guy the next time I called! The first time I gave up, it was a 3 hour wait, that is just crazy!

I had an odd experience calling the reservations line (407-939-1936) twice last week. I called Thursday at 4:21pm and had a 95 minute wait. I called again Friday morning at 8:44am and had a 2 minute wait. I would have expected it the other way around.

when IS the best time? Do they open at 9 AM?

Try the chat function. When everything was closing down because of covid last year and the waits were 6-7 hours long, I used the chat function to tell them I needed to move my reservation. They couldn’t do it on the chat, but they took my number, put me in line, and called me when my turn came up. It beat waiting all that time listening to hold music.

Well it wasn’t a secret handshake, more like a secret sauce? in the end it was my ignorance, until bffer set me right. Called this morning at 7 AM, took a little dial turning and two CMs to unravel my knots, to mix metaphors, but they took care of all of what I needed. I’m grateful to a fault.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter