• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s the deal with River Belle Terrace?

austinelsa

Mouseketeer
Why are there so many available reservations? Is it huge? Not good? Something else? It’s the only place in the parks I can reserve a sit down dinner in advance for our first day at the park. It seems odd that it’s so available given that every other sit down place in either park is hard to get into.

We ate there on our trip last June and loved it! But it is much less popular than Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou. They do have a lot of seating. I've seen a number of folks on these boards say they thought was food was "meh" or the menu just didn't appeal to them. I hear similar things about Wine Country Tratorria in DCA, which also frequently has reservations available.

As a vegetarian, I appreciated that they had two different BBQ tofu dishes (either salad or roasted vegetables). So much of the other vegetarian options the parks were Impossible meats, which get old meal after meal. My kid was less a fan of the tofu (they offer a kid meal version too) but loved the tater tots.

We sat outside and it was a nice location where we could people watch and see the Rivers of America. If there are items on the menu you find appealing, go ahead and reserve!

We ate there a few weeks ago because, like you said, it was the only place with available reservations. We really liked it!

My only issue with it was that it’s located in the sun. (I’ve never sat inside) but they’ve added more umbrellas. Some people find their food too different or spicy or heavy. But I like different. But it doesn’t have a stand out dish everyone craves. Cafe Orleans has beignets and monte Cristo. Blue bayou has atmosphere. Carnation cafe has their fried chicken and classic Disney comfort food

Last edited:
Biggest turn off for us is the menu items. Most look like a gut bomb. Last thing I want at Disney is to waddle around in the afternoon with a big lump in my stomach.

RBT has been our "go to" table service dining since the parks re-opened. Yes, mainly because it was the only place were we could snag a reservation ... but we are pleased to report that while our first reservation was made reluctantly ... we have repeated the experience a few times.

As for the "gut-bomb" comment, we don't disagree but found a strategy: Split a "heavy sandwich plate" and the Wedge Salad. Works for us! We also request swapping fruit for the tater-tots.

I think part of the issue is that their menu used to be much better and included a great breakfast. Some people (me included) just don't like the food as much now and don't even really think of it as an option anymore.

I had a truly terrible Fantasmic dinner package there that made me never want to set foot in the place again. The food was awful and so was the customer service (that was in 2019).

As for the "gut-bomb" comment, we don't disagree but found a strategy: Split a "heavy sandwich plate" and the Wedge Salad. Works for us! We also request swapping fruit for the tater-tots.
I think that’s what we did too. I’ll admit it’s been awhile since we’ve been there. But we’d split a salad and either the fried chicken sandwich or pulled pork.

Why are there so many available reservations? Is it huge? Not good? Something else? It’s the only place in the parks I can reserve a sit down dinner in advance for our first day at the park. It seems odd that it’s so available given that every other sit down place in either park is hard to get into.

for me, I went there once, a few years ago. i didn’t try breakfast, so I can’t speak to that.

I found the food good, but mostly forgettable. And as others said, heavy. There’s just so many other options that are better, it tends to be forgotten. With cafe orleans, blue bayou, and French market so close by, as well as bengal bbq and Golden Horseshoe, it just tends to be overlooked.

We always loved the setting/view on the patio, but don't care for the new table service format and menu. It's just weird they converted this to table service and it's still designed/setup for counter service. I always thought/hoped it would be temporary, for that reason. Maybe it's been remodeled now, haven't been in a while and prefer not to go back unless it changes. This was one of the best (our favorite) breakfasts in the Park and it's just gonzo. I think the only thing that would get us back there is a Fantasmic patio seating package. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter