What’s the best time to ride Storybook Land Canal?

You've already got some great advice, but I wanted to chime in to say that you should also consider riding the Casey Jr. train at some point in the day, to get a different perspective of the canals. The train's path winds around the waterways of the canal boats, and you can see many of the miniatures from the train.

One of my favorites in Fantasyland. If there is a second parade, heading there right after the parade passes is a good trick. They close the ride for parades so if you close by you can get to the front of the queue when they open it back up.

One of my favorites in Fantasyland. If there is a second parade, heading there right after the parade passes is a good trick. They close the ride for parades so if you close by you can get to the front of the queue when they open it back up.
I think they stopped closing it for parades recently... maybe someone else can confirm.

Thanks for a great plan!
You've already got some great advice, but I wanted to chime in to say that you should also consider riding the Casey Jr. train at some point in the day, to get a different perspective of the canals. The train's path winds around the waterways of the canal boats, and you can see many of the miniatures from the train.
thanks so much! I hadn’t thought we’d needs to ride that train but now I will put it on our list.

So the boats aren't listed as open during MM but ..,

Agree with this, it’s a bit tricky at that time because the line might look short but when they are only running 1 or 2 boats it goes very slow. So, if you catch it right when they start and you’d be in the first couple boats go for it, otherwise it will actually be a shorter wait a bit later even if the line looks longer.

My two girls have enjoyed this ride a lot more since they were offered to sit on their knees on the very front (not on the seats). Now they ask nicely if they can sit there and have always gotten a yes.

To answer the question asked though: I prefer it at night.

I think they stopped closing it for parades recently... maybe someone else can confirm.

Confirmed - a queue modification in 2018 allows it to remain open during the parades.

Like others have said, Storybookland is great at night. Also, while first thing in the morning is a great time to hit Fantasyland attractions, the Storybookland Canals aren't operating all boats first thing in the morning, so the queue isn't moving as fast as it does later in the day when all boats are operational. The early morning line is misleading because it looks short, but it's actually a bit of a wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter