What’s something you’re weird about..

I have severe debilitating OCD , so too many to mention - but just one that comes to mind is a highlighter - I never use the same one twice - my mom is even worse - (and OCD is known to be somewhat hereditary - she leaves 4 Cheerios in her cereal bowl every day -

I always set the microwave to an odd number when I'm cooking.

I wouldn’t be able to do that. Everything has to be even, including the tv volume.

I have a weird thing about place settings. My mom drilled proper place seting into me as a kid and it drives me nuts to see one out of place. I literally will go out to eat, sit down at the table, and the first thing I do is fix the place setting in front of me. I no longer feel the need to fix anyone else's, but that's probably because of the years of DH purposefully putting his place setting wrong while I'm watching just to drive me insane!

I notice those things too. It definitely has to do with the way I was brought up. It drives me crazy when a knife is pointing the wrong way at a place setting.

It’s funny how so many of these have to do with kitchen related things.

Another one that I notice all the time is how people hold their forks. I was brought up to cut food with fork in left hand tines down, knife in right hand, and then put down the knife, switch the fork to your right hand, face tines up, and then eat. There’s also a proper way to hold your fork when putting the food in your mouth.

It sounds like so much but it’s easy if it’s drilled into your head. I cringe SO hard when I see people cut meat and they’re holding their fork with thumb on one side and all the other fingers on the other side. It just looks so wrong.

I don’t care how anyone else does it, whatever works for you is fine by me, but it’s something that I watch for..even on tv and in movies LOL

I have to shower and do laundry every day. Even if I end up showering right before bed, it must be done. I don’t like anything on my hands. I’m not an OCD hand washer, although I might have to get up and wash then during a messy meal, or in the middle of messy cooking tasks like breading chicken or making meatballs.

I need to have clean feet. Whenever I wear sandals or flip flops or any shoes without socks for awhile and my feet sweat, I have to wash my feet when I get home and put on clean, dry socks.

Also, if I shower in the late afternoon or early evening, I will often wash my feet before getting into bed (without socks on). I love the feeling of having clean feet. Have no idea why.

I HAVE to have water and chap stick in my bedside table. I have been this way since I was a young child.

I have severe debilitating OCD , so too many to mention - but just one that comes to mind is a highlighter - I never use the same one twice - my mom is even worse - (and OCD is known to be somewhat hereditary - she leaves 4 Cheerios in her cereal bowl every day -

And now, due to MY issues, I feel bad for those 4 uneaten Cheerios. :(:sad2:

We, as a species, are super weird..

I have found my tribe! :love:

Hate plastic? - Check. I hate plastic, especially plastic drinking cups and eating utensils. They make the beverage or food taste funny to me. I'll use them, but only when I have to. @MrsCobraBubbles , you're safe in my house. Most of my kitchen stuff is glass, porcelain, or stainless steel. I have acrylic and melamine to use around the pool.

Bottom of the drink tastes funny? - Check. Dented cans? Slightly damaged boxes? Lonely stuffed animals? - Check. @anneboleyn , I'm with you! @Minnesota! , we're triplets!

TV volume or microwave on even number? - Check. DH and the rest of the family just set it wherever, so I fix it when they leave the room.

Incorrect place settings? - Check!!!!! @ZephyrHawk , you'll feel right at home at my house! I also was taught at home and I'm an event planner, so double whammy. It drives me nuts when I'm reviewing tables at an event and the table settings are wrong. I just did a tea with a ladies group I'm in and the woman who helped me set the two tables I sponsored put the knives on the left side and the bread plates on the right. I was mortified, but I didn't have time to fix it.

Weird ways people hold their eating utensils? - Check! @kimblebee , I too was taught the same way to hold my utensils. I realize that as an event planner, I know more about table settings and manners than most people. I am not an expert though!

Y'all don't let on that I let this one slip, but DH's side of the family ALL put their drinking glasses on the wrong side of their plates. It drives me nuts! His sister even sets her tables this way. DH does behave when he's with my side of the family or when we're at home, for the most part. I'm happy to report that I'm making headway (by setting an example) with the younger members on his side of the family. We were at the family reunion (his side) at a guest ranch last summer. One of my nieces corrected her mother when her Mom moved her glass to the left side. Her Mom did it again and one of the servers at the ranch moved it for her when he brought her dinner. My niece and I just smiled at each other across the table.

I hate strike-throughs or bad erasures on paper, even if it's the grocery list. I will recopy it if I can. I'm the only one in my family that it bothers. Regular pencils must have a sharp point and I usually have a pencil sharpener in my purse for just such occasions, although I carry mechanical pencils.

I despise plastic and paper straws and have started carrying my own stainless steel ones (two pack) with their brush in a waterproof pouch. I do rinse them afterwards and wash them when I get them home so they're clean and ready to go the next time I'm out. I'd rather have tempered glass, but that's not the best option to carry in my purse.

Last edited:
I won't drink out of certain tea cups. It's a handle thing. It's gotta fit comfortably in my big paws :) I won't use my husbands plate. Many years ago we bought a bunch of plates from Rainforest Cafe. They were cheap and my girls loved them. Well, apparently so did my husband. Not necessarily the pictures on them but the size and shape. We only have one left and it's all his :)
I HATE to use thick washrags. The thinner and cheaper the better. They exfoliate better :)

I feel really bad for inanimate objects. I will buy the dented cans and slightly smashed boxes of things because I feel bad for them. I especially feel bad for stuffed animals that are all by themselves somewhere or laying on the road. I think reading The Velvetine Rabbit and watching The Brave Little Toaster constantly as a child has caused this.

I do the same at the grocery store. Plus I purposely seek out misshapen produce because most people reject them. If I'm gonna chop them up for a stir fry or other dish, they don't need to look pretty.

I will not drink the bottom of any drink. I have to leave approx. 1 inch of fluid at the bottom of all drinks. I think it tastes funny.

I feel really bad for inanimate objects. I will buy the dented cans and slightly smashed boxes of things because I feel bad for them. I especially feel bad for stuffed animals that are all by themselves somewhere or laying on the road. I think reading The Velvetine Rabbit and watching The Brave Little Toaster constantly as a child has caused this.

Stuffed animals are clearly the only toys with souls. They are imbued with a special energy by those that love them. I don't know what it is, but they absolutely do.

I'm weird about a lot of things, but since we are started on silverware, I absolutely hate "heavy" utensils. I grew up with a certain type of silverware with a rose on the handle. They were my Grandmother's (her name was Rose). My mom still has a lot of the pieces, and if I am at her house, I always use them, even though my brother-in-law once gave her a very nice set, but it's too dang heavy! I have acquired a few like them myself, and I do favor them over anything else!

Last edited:
I have found my tribe! :love:

Hate plastic? - Check. I hate plastic, especially plastic drinking cups and eating utensils. They make the beverage or food taste funny to me. I'll use them, but only when I have to. @MrsCobraBubbles , you're safe in my house. Most of my kitchen stuff is glass, porcelain, or stainless steel. I have acrylic and melamine to use around the pool.

Bottom of the drink tastes funny? - Check. Dented cans? Slightly damaged boxes? Lonely stuffed animals? - Check. @anneboleyn , I'm with you! @Minnesota! , we're triplets!

TV volume or microwave on even number? - Check. DH and the rest of the family just set it wherever, so I fix it when they leave the room.

Incorrect place settings? - Check!!!!! @ZephyrHawk , you'll feel right at home at my house! I also was taught at home and I'm an event planner, so double whammy. It drives me nuts when I'm reviewing tables at an event and the table settings are wrong. I just did a tea with a ladies group I'm in and the woman who helped me set the two tables I sponsored put the knives on the left side and the bread plates on the right. I was mortified, but I didn't have time to fix it.

Weird ways people hold their eating utensils? - Check! @kimblebee , I too was taught the same way to hold my utensils. I realize that as an event planner, I know more about table settings and manners than most people.

Y'all don't let on that I let this one slip, but DH's side of the family ALL put their drinking glasses on the wrong side of their plates. It drives me nuts! His sister even sets her tables this way. DH does behave when he's with my side of the family or when we're at home, for the most part. I'm happy to report that I'm making headway (by setting an example) with the younger members on his side of the family. We were at the family reunion (his side) at a guest ranch last summer. One of my nieces corrected her mother when her Mom moved her glass to the left side. Her Mom did it again and one of the servers at the ranch moved it for her when he brought her dinner. My niece and I just smiled at each other across the table.

I hate strike-throughs or bad erasures on paper, even if it's the grocery list. I will recopy it if I can. I'm the only one in my family that it bothers. Regular pencils must have a sharp point and I usually have a pencil sharpener in my purse for just such occasions, although I carry mechanical pencils.

I despise plastic and paper straws and have started carrying my own stainless steel ones (two pack) with their brush in a waterproof pouch. I do rinse them afterwards and wash them when I get them home so they're clean and ready to go the next time I'm out. I'd rather have tempered glass, but that's not the best option to carry in my purse.

Doesn’t it feel good to let it out lol

If I started explaining my weirdness, I'd have to leave due to embarrassment. Let's just say the list is long and detailed.

Aww, come on. You’re amongst friends here.

So, I also do the "Even number" thing with the tv volume and such. I kind of miss when it was just a knob and there was no number. Another one for me is that I can't stand "free swinging" things, especially in the house. Like I can't have a string on the ceiling fan chain. The little bit of chain annoys me enough and I want to replace all my fans with the chain-free kind. In the bedroom it bothers me so much the little chains are taped down so they don't swing (there is also a remote). All of my blinds have their strings restricted in some way so they do not hang and sway about.

I need to have clean feet. Whenever I wear sandals or flip flops or any shoes without socks for awhile and my feet sweat, I have to wash my feet when I get home and put on clean, dry socks.

Also, if I shower in the late afternoon or early evening, I will often wash my feet before getting into bed (without socks on). I love the feeling of having clean feet. Have no idea why.

I HAVE to have water and chap stick in my bedside table. I have been this way since I was a young child.
:thumbsup2 That doesn’t make you weird - only an actual weirdo could tolerate having dirty feet. :scared:
If I started explaining my weirdness, I'd have to leave due to embarrassment. Let's just say the list is long and detailed.
...or you could just let your freak flag fly so high it makes everybody else seem like the weird ones. :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter