• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s on everyone’s New Year’s Eve menu?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Im doing steamed shrimp and crab dip as my usuals but need ideas for some other yummy items

I am boring this year... chicken wings in a thai peanut sauce and cheese, sausage, and crackers. I have thought about making a dip as well but still not sure lol.

Then again, it is just me and the cats so...

I'm paying attention here. I will have our family of 6 as well as several extra teens. I have extra teens almost weekly but I want to do some different, fun foods for NYE :)

We do Chinese takeout for Christmas Eve dinner and then a lot of snack stuff for Christmas so we go big on NYE. The local grocery store does a seafood road show and we buy everything that looks good. Lobster tails and shrimp for sure. And then some combo of crab legs, crab cakes, fish cakes, and scallops. And a chocolate cream pie.

I would like a good dip though as an appetizer. Something complimentary to seafood but not seafood.

The stomach bug got my husband and my youngest and my oldest is so worried he'll get sick on NYE and miss it (he's 7 and lives for seafood).

Not set in stone, but I'm thinking of pulling out my zojirushi indoor grill and making Japanese tabletop bbq.

Just DH and I this year, we decided that we are just going to hang at home...

Shrimp cocktails - Steak for DH and Fish for me - baked potatoes with all the fixin', some veggie whatever looks good... and cheese cake with raspberries.

New years day - breakfast - messy eggs, with ham, cheese, green onions, bacon/sausage, hash-browns, maybe a pitcher of sangria...

As far as lunch and dinner - we just might blend them together... I have a bunch of appetizers recipes that I want to try out, so we might snack around the rest of the day...

We more than likely we do movie or series marathon... and just chill out...

I'm paying attention here. I will have our family of 6 as well as several extra teens. I have extra teens almost weekly but I want to do some different, fun foods for NYE :)

For some different appetizer, check out Pillsbury and/or Betty Crocker websites... they have a ton of recipes,

ordering sushi for new year's eve, unsure what dessert I will serve. New Year's Day, homemade cinnamon rolls and prob a breakfast casserole and fruit. Mimosas of course

Chinese, but my older DGD is allergic to sesame, peanuts, tree nuts so we are making it at home. I am bringing instapot Fried Rice, my DD is making beef/broccoli and orange chicken.

Not sure what we're going to do as far as eating out/eating at home. We've talked about going out since DW has been home sick for 3 days, and we haven't been able to go out this weekend. If we don't go out, we'll probably order a pizza like we typically do. Not big on cooking because neither of us eats leftovers.

I looked at the grocery ad, and chatted with the fam, and we made our new year's eve plan:)...

We'll be doing "Nacho Choice" - 2 types - Buffalo Chicken Dip, Shredded Carrots and Celery and Lettuce, Blue Cheese Crumbles over Grocery Fresh Baked Chips (they have a deal that you get a lb of deli-made buffalo chicken dip and a 1lb of chips for $5 - sold) AND Taco-flavored Ground Beef ($2.50/lb this week), Shredded Cheese, Refried Beans, Shredded Lettuce, Salsa, and Homemade Guacamole (Avocados are $1 each, so sold, here, too:)) over Tostitoes.

With the "Nacho Choice", we'll have a fresh berry salad (all berries are BOGO this week) of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries with champagne for the adults and sparkling apple cider for the kids.

For dessert during the "ball drop period", we are doing the traditional desserts we didn't do for Christmas b/c we got so many cookies and candy from so many people (so no sense wasting the nice gifts) - so for new year's, it's my "pineapple fake fool" and my "hershey and heath snowball cookies" - and we'll have coffee and cocoa for all.

I always pull out the fondue pots on New Years Eve's that we are staying home. (This years forecast looks to be cold and snowy, so we will stay put.)
Fondue is kinda "labor intensive", as food prep goes. But it's yummy!!

We are having a total of 12 for card party. I am making hot ham & cheese with special sauce. I saute chopped onion in butter, then add mustard and some dill weed. I don't really measure anything because I've made it a lot. Put ham and swiss cheese on buns, wrap in foil and warm in oven. Those coming will bring a snack food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter