What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

Dinner in room, using the rest of the food. Soup and an apple for me and tamales and an apple for DH.
Tomorrow we go home.....not sure what we'll have until I can get to a grocery store.

I took some meat out of the chest freezer earlier this week with no idea what I would do besides the reality that food needed to be eaten. As a previous poster said it seems to never empty.

The center cut pork chop defrosted first so I eeny meeny miney, moed between two recipes and “sweet and spicy pork chop” won. Now I have to say that reading it there were nooooo spicy ingredients but I liked the technique. Came out nicely and I’ll play with the seasoning another time.
Reheated some frozen ratatouille and made savory grits as side dishes.
Felt like a proper adult, eating it.

DH just got home from a fishing trip so we ate freshly caught fish. He was hoping for walleye, but they weren’t hitting. He got perch and krappie. I think we ate krappie tonight. With French fries and Greek salad. Delicious.

Catching up:

I don't normally post about lunch, but yesterday we had a Spiedie. We were in Binghamton, NY & had to try it. Dinner was a Tavern Burger for me & fish n' chips for DH.

We had planned to eat at Old Town Snow White Grill in Winchester, VA today, but they were closed. :( Lunch was much more mundane. Dinner was microwave RAO's lasagna & buttered sourdough bread.

@tarheelmjfan We love Turner's Seafood! DH had the bacon wrapped scallops the last time we were there. I grew up in the city next to Salem (Peabody), and lived in Salem for a few years. You really are getting around my areas, aren't you?
We had a great time in Salem. You've definitely lived in some awesome places. We expect to be back in Maine soon. Hopefully, we can plan a meet up next time.

DH just got home from a fishing trip so we ate freshly caught fish. He was hoping for walleye, but they weren’t hitting. He got perch and krappie. I think we ate krappie tonight. With French fries and Greek salad. Delicious.
Freshly caught fish sounds amazing. I have fond memories of my uncles catching fish & inviting our family over for a fish fry.

Cheesy Chicken/Veggie Casserole tonight.
This sounds like something my males would love. Recipe?

Last night I threw the rest of the shredded roast/gravy over mashed potatoes, topped with some carrots I roasted on my lunch hour. They had buttered bread with it

I had a scoop of potatoes, with the rest of the carrots. And then I had a bowl of pickled beets. I finished up with a scoop of Cool whip topped with melted peanut butter.

Was not feeling inspired. Gotta restock/cook today for the next few days since I have to work from the office tomorrow And won't have time.

Freshly caught fish sounds amazing. I have fond memories of my uncles catching fish & inviting our family over for a fish fry.
It is so good. One year some of the guys from the neighborhood went fishing this time of year to the same lake and the walleye were hitting. It was hockey playoffs and our team was in. We normally show the playoff games in our driveway and the neighbors gather. That night they got home shortly before game time. My husband and I were rushing around setting up the screen and equipment, one of the guys was filleting all the fish at his house and another guy hauled over his big turkey fryer to the driveway and they fried up these huge pieces of fish for sandwiches. We still talk about that night. Those were the days that our team made a run almost every year.

My parents did a lot of ocean fishing on vacation when I was growing up. We always ate what they caught. I never remember a bad piece of fish. They seemed to look down a bit at freshwater fish as if it wouldn’t taste good, but that is not my experience at all.

Found a bag of white bean soup (potage purée Soissonnaise) in the freezer, heated it up and at the last moment added a handful of lettuce and stirred in some butter. Supposed to be leftovers for tomorrow but I’m thinking about having seconds and then there will be none.

Last night was leftovers. DH is out of town, but DD finished up some taco meat I had frozen a few weeks ago. She had cheese, tortillas, salsa plus the meat and I made some frozen corn for her. I had never ending pasta salad. It started with making pasta for dinner recently. I think it was just me and Dd and there was a lot left. So I made a Greek pasta salad with artichokes, Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and a Greek dressing plus the rest of the bow tie pasta. I feel like I have been eating that for days and it there is still a lot left. I think today is the last day. Anything not eaten by the end of today gets thrown out plus I think I am pushing the boundaries of when it’s still good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter