What’s for Dinner Tonight?

I had a late lunch with my cousin so I was not hungry for dinner last night. We went to a restaurant that used to be a jail in the 1850s and ate in the basement, it was a fun place. DH had leftovers and I steamed some edamame for a snack.

Takeout spaghetti w/meat sauce for DH & me to share & a 1/2 order of fettucine alfredo w/broccoli for my lunch tomorrow. Both meals came with salad & bread.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:

Tonight was a modified version of Lidia Bastianich's Light Chicken Parmesan . I don't make the tomato sauce and use shredded Mozzarella. We used DH's pasta leftover from dinner at Carrabba's for the starch.

Made a burger on an English muffin today and it’s what was needed.
Made a topping with cottage cheese, cilantro, cut tomatoes and chopped scallion tops. Sort of tasted like a creamy salsa. Really wanted a lemon Coke to go with it but forgot to ask my home attendant to open it for me (freakin’ sigh) so despite the Coke bottle taunting me opted for a peach nectar with club soda.
Dessert will be fruit salad.

We had tacos and Spanish rice tonight. Tonight I used ground Turkey from the freezer. I am not really sure we are making progress on the freezer, it’s like a big bowl of pasta that no matter how much I eat there is still a lot left. I did buy some frozen things at Trader Joe’s this weekend.

I wasn't feeling well, so we changed our plans & ordered room service. We shared a salad & Salmon Bangkok (restaurant description). The Salmon Bangkok was one of the nastiest things we've ever ordered. :crazy2:

I haven't been following our menu at all but still eating at home so that's the main goal. Tonight DH had the last of sausage, peppers, and onion as a sandwich and air fryer fries. I made a buffalo chicken pizza which I'll eat for lunch the rest of the week.

We were touring Salem, MA today. We're always looking for local favorites, so I googled "What food is Salem, MA known for?". (I do this everywhere we go.) The answer was seafood & Turner's Seafood was the recommendation. We hadn't eaten all day, so this was going to be our only meal for the day. Once again, we ordered several things. We had their bread basket, raw oysters, 2 apps (lobster cakes & bacon wrapped scallops) & 2 cups of lobster bisque. We were freezing, so the lobster bisque really hit the spot.

Edited for typo.
@tarheelmjfan We love Turner's Seafood! DH had the bacon wrapped scallops the last time we were there. I grew up in the city next to Salem (Peabody), and lived in Salem for a few years. You really are getting around my areas, aren't you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter