What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Sockeye salmon, roasted new potatoes and roast green beans. Hubby made dinner…that’s a rare occurrence and it was good!
DH is a vine tester for Amazon and gets a lot of stuff which he tests out then reviews. So we now have an egg cooker and a rice cooker which seem silly to me because I would use a pot! But he had to test so he made hard boiled eggs and rice. Last eve he made us Chinese fake out with the rice snd this morning I made egg salad for later with the eggs.

Last night was reubens from the St. Pat's leftovers and veggie soup. I made the stock in the morning before work, then chopped veg and put the soup together when I got home. It was pretty tasty! Tonight is homemade calzones- but I'm not making them, my SIL is, it's his night in the kitchen. Frozen pizza dough is all thawed, we have mozzarella and ricotta, some doctored-up jar red sauce, and we'll rummage thru the fridge for odds and ends of veggies (that didn't go in last night's soup) to put in the calzones if wanted.

DH is a vine tester for Amazon and gets a lot of stuff which he tests out then reviews. So we now have an egg cooker and a rice cooker which seem silly to me because I would use a pot! But he had to test so he made hard boiled eggs and rice. Last eve he made us Chinese fake out with the rice snd this morning I made egg salad for later with the eggs.
That’s fun!!!

went to trader joes today so there is a selection of frozen items to choose from.

tomorrow-italian sausage is defrosting, got kale from t.j. so i'll make zuppa toscana (olive garden knockoff recipie that tastes spot on).
Recipe?
Let us know how it comes out. I’ve never heard of making it that way. I bought too much stuff this week and now I need to get busy roasting veggies before they all go bad and make something with the impulse buy roast Costco chicken!
Happens to me at Sam's All The Time. I justify it by realizing that if I stopped at McD's or wherever, I'd spend more money on food with lower nutrition, just for lunch! This way I have yummy chicken and leftovers, for less money!

I think I’m making Greek turkey burgers tonight and using up the odds and ends salad fixin’s in the fridge.

Last edited:
I worked late so I made Rana skillet gnocchi with fresh spinach, Aidell’s chicken meatballs with Rana fresh marinara and fresh grated parm. I made garlic bread and Cesar salad. Talenti mini sorbetto pops for dessert
My Daughter and son in law LOVE all RANA products. Never mentioned gnocchi. They shop at ALDIs a lot. Maybe their ALDIs doesn’t carry.

Fresh or frozen. I definitely want to make it with spinach. Just butter? Don’t need cream sauce l.

Thanks for the info.

Took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer earlier in the week and now that it’s defrosted and seasoned, into the oven it goes with a thick sliced sweet potato.
I’ve some vinegar based cole slaw so might as well add it to the serving plate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter