What’s for Dinner Tonight?

I have never been able to make a decent eggplant dish. So now I leave it to the experts. We have so many Italian and Greek places near me I can get it anytime. Your meal sounds yummy!

do you grill in the summer? if so an easy eggplant dish is to slice and place inside a container or ziplock with flavored oil or an oil based salad dressing. let marinade for an hour or so and grill on the bbq. delicious both warm and cold the next day.

tonight-zuppa toscana, trader joes' steak and ale pies (wierd combo but i wanted to make the soup cuz i was craving it). hamburger helper for he who does not eat the other stuff. i went ahead and browned both more ground beef and italian sausage than i needed so i now have a fully cooked container of half beef/half italian sausage in the freezer at the ready for when i make stuff shells or such.

do you grill in the summer? if so an easy eggplant dish is to slice and place inside a container or ziplock with flavored oil or an oil based salad dressing. let marinade for an hour or so and grill on the bbq. delicious both warm and cold the next day.

tonight-zuppa toscana, trader joes' steak and ale pies (wierd combo but i wanted to make the soup cuz i was craving it). hamburger helper for he who does not eat the other stuff. i went ahead and browned both more ground beef and italian sausage than i needed so i now have a fully cooked container of half beef/half italian sausage in the freezer at the ready for when i make stuff shells or such.
We do grill year round! We shovel a path if necessary. Do you have to salt it and rinse it and all that like doing eggplant parm?

We do grill year round! We shovel a path if necessary. Do you have to salt it and rinse it and all that like doing eggplant parm?

i just slice it and put it on a baking sheet with some paper towels to absorb the moisture-i let it sit for an hour or so before i marinade it.

Pan-fried salmon with a lemon/garlic/dill/mayo/dijon drizzle and a side dish of couscous with chopped spinach and tomato. The flavours were good but it's one of the lightest recipes I've ordered and it wasn't satisfying enough on its own for DH. He's had about 3 snacks already since supper. :o

Still eating the roast chicken leftovers that began on Monday.

Decided to use up as much leftovers as possible by making sheet pan fried rice, a new to me technique I read about.
One site suggest using a whole egg that’s cooked similar to a fried egg. Not my “cup of tea” as I don’t like runny yolks so I’m using a whisked egg instead.

Opted to add a frozen shrimp with the cut up roast chicky for a change of pace. Some uncooked bok choy, grated garlic clove, re hydrated mushrooms, a handful of mixed frozen veggies and two stalks of cut up asparagus complete the add on ingredients with a 1/2 cup of cooked rice.

Should go a long way towards “using up the fridge” with minimal waste.

Still eating the roast chicken leftovers that began on Monday.

Decided to use up as much leftovers as possible by making sheet pan fried rice, a new to me technique I read about.
One site suggest using a whole egg that’s cooked similar to a fried egg. Not my “cup of tea” as I don’t like runny yolks so I’m using a whisked egg instead.

Opted to add a frozen shrimp with the cut up roast chicky for a change of pace. Some uncooked bok choy, grated garlic clove, re hydrated mushrooms, a handful of mixed frozen veggies and two stalks of cut up asparagus complete the add on ingredients with a 1/2 cup of cooked rice.

Should go a long way towards “using up the fridge” with minimal waste.
Let us know how it comes out. I’ve never heard of making it that way. I bought too much stuff this week and now I need to get busy roasting veggies before they all go bad and make something with the impulse buy roast Costco chicken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter