What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Back to the freezer stash.
Made a baked version of eggplant rollatini and froze it last fall.
Not my finest moment so I needed to fix it.
Added panko breadcrumbs, a slice of roast chicken, arrabbiata sauce, mozzarella slices and a basil leaf atop. Broiled and placed on boiled penne and it really turned the dish around for the better. Maybe next time I’ll add more ricotta.

Some salad greens and dinner was served.

went to trader joes today so there is a selection of frozen items to choose from.

tomorrow-italian sausage is defrosting, got kale from t.j. so i'll make zuppa toscana (olive garden knockoff recipie that tastes spot on).

Beef roast, onions, carrots, mashed potatoes, and gravy. The roast is a bottom round, cooked in instapot. Pressure cooked it from almost frozen (took it out yesterday, still rock hard) for 70 min with onions. Let pressure release, added baby carrots, bought it back up pressure and then switched to crock pot for 90 mins. DH doesn't like the carrots cooked to death. Potatoes on stove the old fashion way.

Came out very tender.

Wanted to clarify, the instapot has a crock pot setting, I didn't take the whole meal out and then put it into a crockpot for 90 mins.

Last edited:

Back to the freezer stash.
Made a baked version of eggplant rollatini and froze it last fall.
Not my finest moment so I needed to fix it.
Added panko breadcrumbs, a slice of roast chicken, arrabbiata sauce, mozzarella slices and a basil leaf atop. Broiled and placed on boiled penne and it really turned the dish around for the better. Maybe next time I’ll add more ricotta.

Some salad greens and dinner was served.
I have never been able to make a decent eggplant dish. So now I leave it to the experts. We have so many Italian and Greek places near me I can get it anytime. Your meal sounds yummy!

I have never been able to make a decent eggplant dish. So now I leave it to the experts. We have so many Italian and Greek places near me I can get it anytime. Your meal sounds yummy!
Last summer I became enamored with eggplant. They looked so fresh and full from the farmers market so I went past my usual use of adding to ratatouille or caponata and tried to make the veggie a dish to itself. Need more practice to keep from frying as a default🙂.

Today I’m making Italian egg drop soup (aka stracciatella) that I’ll add baby spinach and chicken meat to. Great way to use up Parmesan-Reggio rinds.

Found the last quart of homemade chicken broth in the freezer so from here on out it’ll be boxed and Better Than Bullion only.

Last summer I became enamored with eggplant. They looked so fresh and full from the farmers market so I went past my usual use of adding to ratatouille or caponata and tried to make the veggie a dish to itself. Need more practice to keep from frying as a default🙂.

Today I’m making Italian egg drop soup (aka stracciatella) that I’ll add baby spinach and chicken meat to. Great way to use up Parmesan-Reggio rinds.

Found the last quart of homemade chicken broth in the freezer so from here on out it’ll be boxed and Better Than Bullion only.
That sounds good too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter