What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night, it was spinach ricotta manicotti and a cup of chicken broth with cut scallions and a squeeze of lemon. Dessert was a few clementines.

Tonight it’ll be time to use up the last of the Chinese chicken dumplings in the freezer so a soup will be made. Using the pork chicken stock (also out of the freezer), some dried shiitake mushrooms, fresh bok choy, frozen corn and just because they are there, a handful of frozen pea. Maybe I’ll add some udon noodles. Still early so time to make up my mind later.

My mom was in town last night so I made a huge spead of tacos - meat, refrieds, a ton of veggies, rice, etc. She always went all out on tacos, as I was growing up, since she knew it was my favorite meal, so I returned that favor.

She had one taco :)

So, with it just being me and DH tonight, we will have leftovers, as salads.

I do have a turkey breast in the crockpot with beef broth and seasoning, that I will shred up and if he wants some of that as a sandwich, he can.

What are crash hot potatoes? Are they similar to smashed potatoes?
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/foo...Fa_rc8DHTtFPgWLXOBGq5gwXkwUONeAkaAoswEALw_wcB

I used the above recipe from Pioneer Woman. Basically boil small small potatoes until tender, then smash them individually on cookie sheet (so maybe yes, similar/same to smashed potatoes), season according to taste and bake in a pretty hot oven. I thought they were really good and a nice change from our usual potato sides.

We have to head out to our major airport later today to stay overnight for a flight in the early am. So, some type of airport hotel food. 🥺

Forgot to defrost ground beef for the planned regular tacos so DH will probably have a frozen pizza we have on hand for nights like this and I'll probably do breakfast for dinner. We convinced each other not to just get take out and use what we have on hand which more than adequate.

DH will eat the leftover pizza either for lunch tomorrow or for meal/snack on Saturday. We've been getting better at using up left overs and cutting down on wasting food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter