What’s for Dinner Tonight?

The brunch went nicely and the last guests just left about 30 minutes ago and graciously took the garbage with them, lol.
Decided to use the pork shrimp wonton in the Mandarin noodle soup which was a welcome addition to the cold day. Also great to get multiple dishes on the table when you’ve limited cooking equipment.

Tonight, I’ll just nosh on the soy chicken and gnaw on a few of the green beans.

I'm at my sister's for the long weekend. Although we went out last night, tonight we are going simple, old school: Strip steaks, sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, Caesar salad. She might make a chimichurri sauce as a side. I also have a bottle of cab as the finishing touch.

Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken and dumplings? I've always wanted to try and make them but never had it growing up so don't know where to start aside from google.

Got back from a scout camping trip. Picked up pizza at Aldi’s. That’s my version of cooking tonight. I mean I had to turn on the oven.

Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken and dumplings? I've always wanted to try and make them but never had it growing up so don't know where to start aside from google.
Do you want say a 30 minute soup with pretty decent taste or fresh made from start to finish? I do both versions depending on how I feel and what’s in the freezer.

Nothing fancy here - but a favorite meal. Hamburgers on the grill, frozen French fries and some grapes. Shall I place bets on how many minutes it takes until DH says "this is way better than fast food?" He says it every time.

Last night was an old simple easy favorite, hasselback chicken. Sauté baby spinach, add soft cheese (I like boursin but it was moldy so used goat cheese), put slit’s in each chicken breast without cutting through, stuff the chicken and put cheese on top (I used mozzarella but have used cheddar), bake for 25 minutes. I think I’m trying short ribs tonight.

I took out meat intending tacos or taco salads but...meh. Might make taco meat and a meatloaf. Trying to use up my pantry (so I can restock it) and meatloaf uses more of that stuff.

I have $60 worth of short ribs in the oven, never made them before, spent about an hour chopping and searing before putting it in for 3 hours. Making a ragu. It smells delicious! A friend mentioned them in a group text that she made some, I sent H to the grocery store to buy them, he ran into another friend on the group text at the butcher buying them too (which was good, he was about to buy the wrong ones and she was waiting on the butcher to bring them from the back). Small town, you see everyone in ShopRite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter