Whale watching SF area

seobaina

DIS Veteran
hi

Has anyone been whale watching from San Fran? There's a half day trip that goes out to the Farallones (so) that were tempted by. If I'm honest part of my attraction is I know that's a white shark area and we're going in 'sharktober'. The reviews are a bit mixed - mainly cause they don't get close to whales - but I wouldn't expect that. What are your thoughts? Thanks

During prime whale migration season, there's excellent whale watching at Point Reyes National Seashore. Whales will be visible right from the stairs to the lighthouse. They may require you get there by bus from the main visitor center during peak season weekends.

hi

Has anyone been whale watching from San Fran? There's a half day trip that goes out to the Farallones (so) that were tempted by. If I'm honest part of my attraction is I know that's a white shark area and we're going in 'sharktober'. The reviews are a bit mixed - mainly cause they don't get close to whales - but I wouldn't expect that. What are your thoughts? Thanks
I do my whale watching from Monterey. But we have a friend who goes fishing out at the Farallones, and the sharks are huge. The boats by law can't go near the whales, but if they come upon the boat that is different. But take your camera, I never miss an opportunity to out on a boat to see the whales. Look under Groupon.com, LivingSocial.com, and Travelzoo.com for discounts in the area.

You guys are making me feel much more positive about it, thanks. I was a bit concerned we'd go and see nothing. I know that's possible (and I know sharks are prob unlikely) but you're making me feel like my chances are reasonable. Big sharks would be awesome to see (safely from a boat that is :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter