We've had the Bad News, what's your Good News desire?

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
Bad News about Magical Express what are they thinking
Bad, Bad News eliminating EMH what are they thinking

What Good News are you anticipating most?

I just returned from a short trip ( a trip I repeatedly said I was NOT going to do, and then did) and having experienced the LACK of Many things, here are a few things I really missed:

LIVE Entertainment I missed that so much in Epcot
LIVE Shows most noticed in AK for me. FoTLK and Finding Nemo are favorites. Beauty and the Beast in HS is a must do, too if I'm in the park

The Fireworks. The one time "Bursts" were a nice touch, for now. Watching the streaming of Fireworks on TV was a nice alternative too, for now

I'm anticipating something that will be bad news for some, but good news for others.

I think FastPass is next. Having gone to Disneyland, I really enjoyed FastPass/Max Pass. I know Disney is cutting everything right now, but they're gonna have to give resort guests a reason to stay on-site. I think They return to the original FastPass system for all guests, but in a digital way by having guests select a FastPass once inside the resort. I think resort guests will get complimentary MaxPass.

FastPass seems to be the one thing that doesn't cost money to Disney, that they could easily monetize and give for "free" to resort guests in the interim.

I'd like to see the following good news before seriously coming back. (I had a trip planned in two weeks .. cancelling it)

M&Gs back.
The social distancing tossed out the window (or reduced). (Just so lines aren't snaking WAY out of its normal queue).

But I think we'll get more bad news than good news next (like announcing that FP+ is not returning in its old form and becoming a paid service) .. but if they do give resort guests a "freebie" with a new FP system .. that is a bit good and bad.

I'm anticipating something that will be bad news for some, but good news for others.

I think FastPass is next. Having gone to Disneyland, I really enjoyed FastPass/Max Pass. I know Disney is cutting everything right now, but they're gonna have to give resort guests a reason to stay on-site. I think They return to the original FastPass system for all guests, but in a digital way by having guests select a FastPass once inside the resort. I think resort guests will get complimentary MaxPass.

FastPass seems to be the one thing that doesn't cost money to Disney, that they could easily monetize and give for "free" to resort guests in the interim.

Maybe, but having visited Disneyland and staying on property they still charged extra for MaxPass.........

I would like Varsity to post new UCA National High School Cheer competition dates so we can book our trip! It was scheduled for Feb and they announced Dec 18th that it would be Mid to late March in the Spring.....Still no dates announced. They only hint is that the Movies resort opens up the week of spring break and they will need the rooms there for all of the cheerleaders. Good news that we need is an announcement of dates! :)

I would like some details for the 50th. Not that I’m going on the anniversary, but I’m hoping some of the celebration will last until my early December trip. I’d also like for them to start selling APs again.

Bad News about Magical Express what are they thinking
Bad, Bad News eliminating EMH what are they thinking

What Good News are you anticipating most?

I just returned from a short trip ( a trip I repeatedly said I was NOT going to do, and then did) and having experienced the LACK of Many things, here are a few things I really missed:

LIVE Entertainment I missed that so much in Epcot
LIVE Shows most noticed in AK for me. FoTLK and Finding Nemo are favorites. Beauty and the Beast in HS is a must do, too if I'm in the park

The Fireworks. The one time "Bursts" were a nice touch, for now. Watching the streaming of Fireworks on TV was a nice alternative too, for now
I'm with you......if the live shows...especially at AK come back...then I can live with the rest!

I am hoping FoLK will come back to AK. I am visiting in April and would love to have a variety of restaurants open for my ADR window (marked on my calendar ready to go!).

I love this thread. Let's manifest all the good things!

What is MaxPass? HOw is it different from Fast Pass?
MaxPass is a paid for pass by day to allow you to get FastPass digitally from your phone. No one can get them in advance - only activates once you enter the turnstiles. I preferred this system to WDW personally - that way you didn't have to plan so far in advance. You walk in and click and start building your day. It levels the playing field and I found it less stressful in the planning. I was also able to do a quick day at DL with no advance planning and knew I had a chance to get FP for all the major rides.

Looking forward to the return of:
  • Full bus service (on property of course)
  • Waterparks
  • EPCOT monorail line
  • Regular (longer) park hours
Interesting that I am post #17 in this thread and no mention of masks 🤷‍♂️

Good news I'm looking forward to:

All restaurants opening
Revamped FP+ system (I'd be willing to pay for it)
Continued lower crowds

FastPass seems to be the one thing that doesn't cost money to Disney
There are costs associated with the FastPass system, infrastructure, hardware and employee's to maintain the system.

Any good news, is my good news desire.
Really, anything at all, not even Disney related.
To not have to hear about politics, dem v rep, impeachment, stimulus package.
To not hear about increase in cases, deaths.
To not hear about how poorly, slowly the vaccine administrations are going.

To hear something trending toward positive. To see a decline in cases. To see the vaccine is getting to everyone and working.

Then, I'll start looking forward to:
Return of Annual Passes.
Return of Fast Passes.
Increased park capacity.
Increased ride capacity.
Return of Epcot Monorail.
More restaurants opening.
More resorts opening.
Return of shows.
Return of character meals, meet and greets, and buffets.
Normal park hopping.
No park reservation needed.
Removal of masks and social distancing guidelines.
And, of course, the return of Warm Hugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter