Western trip questions

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
We're making definite plans now for our two-week Western trip this summer, and I have many questions -- thanks to anyone who can provide answers!

Has anyone done the cookout at the Grand Canyon Lodge (North Rim)? We'll be there on July 4 and thought this might be a fun way to celebrate the holiday. It's expensive though. Any other thoughts on other options for July 4 in this area?

We'd like to do an ATV tour in Arches National Park. Again, this is pricey, but I know my family would love it. Any advice on specific companies, etc? Our daughters aren't old enough to drive yet so we'd need a company that allows riders + passengers.

We've made reservations to stay in Custer State Park (in the Mt. Rushmore area), but it's pretty pricey. Any advice on a good, basic hotel that might be less expensive? We're fine with something along the lines of a Holiday Inn or Best Western, and if a breakfast could be included, so much the better.

Any advice concerning the Cody Night Rodeo?

In Yellowstone we want to see geysers, etc. -- all the geothermic stuff. Should we book a tour with the Yellow Busses, or do it on our own?

Is the Wolf & Grizzly Center in West Yellowstone worth the drive?

Has anyone been to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar for LUNCH? It looks really cool online but the prices look high, and we'd want to be sure that it'd be appropriate for our teenaged daughters.

We'll be traveling through Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah. Are any of these states known for better gas prices than the others? (I'm asking because we live close to the state line, and our neighboring state has significantly lower taxes; thus, we always make sure to fill up when we go that direction.)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter