Western Caribbean port excursions

bubbadog

Earning My Ears
Please help! First time cruiser and we had everything booked for Eastern. Can anyone give recommendations for western excursions? We even had a private sailboat charter in st. Thomas. Has anyone done this maybe in grand cayman? Have to book by Friday. TIA for all responses!

Please help! First time cruiser and we had everything booked for Eastern. Can anyone give recommendations for western excursions? We even had a private sailboat charter in st. Thomas. Has anyone done this maybe in grand cayman? Have to book by Friday. TIA for all responses!

Well what do you like to do? Kids?

I have done quite a few things there, and I highly recommend seeing the fish/reefs in whatever way you can/comfortable. Snorkeling one of the shipwrecks is one of our favorites. Have done Sea tek helmet dive, a couple snorkeling/catamaran trips, and the nautilus submarine boat, all those you can see fish. have also done the duck boat. And I always end the day at Margaritaville with a nice cold drink, usually a Cay Brew.

Last edited:
Thanks! We have 4 adults and two kids, 8 and 6. We do like to snorkel, would love to sail. We are planning to swim with dolphins in cozumel and then probably stay on the ship in Jamaica.

Swam with dolphins in Cozumel at Dolphin Discovery. Loved it. So much to do there once your time with the dolphins is done. My dd was 8 yrs old when we did it. They have a tequila hut there and we were given 5 free samples of the different tequilas. Had nice lunch at restaurant by the beach, they had chicken fingers and fries for picky eaters like my dd.

Last edited:
Thanks! We have 4 adults and two kids, 8 and 6. We do like to snorkel, would love to sail. We are planning to swim with dolphins in cozumel and then probably stay on the ship in Jamaica.

Last year my Jamaica got canceled due to weather, but we had booked a river tubing adventure that looked awesome. Staying on ship is always fun, get to enjoy an empty ship and pool/waterslides.Have fun!

While I can't speak on the experiences themselves as this is our first Western cruise coming up this weekend, I booked Discover Scuba in Cozumel, Stingray City Snorkeling in Grand Cayman, and Bobsledding and Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica and my husband and I are both VERY excited about each. :)

While I can't speak on the experiences themselves as this is our first Western cruise coming up this weekend, I booked Discover Scuba in Cozumel, Stingray City Snorkeling in Grand Cayman, and Bobsledding and Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica and my husband and I are both VERY excited about each. :)

You can't really go wrong, especially going through DCL for excursions. We have done some crazy adventure excursions and have sat by the empty pool with a cold drink while everyone else is off the ship, and various things in between. You can't really go wrong, and will have a blast!

Grand Cayman- semi submarine

Cozumel- nachi cocum

Jamaica- was raining so we did the port area

How do the coral reef excursions in Grand Cayman compare to those in Cozumel? We are trying to decide which place to do the Sea Trek Helmet Dive and/or glass bottomed boat tour.

We did G09 (Stingray City Snorkel) and it was AMAZING. Deep water (10'+), but the company provided flotation vests and snorkel gear. Our kids were 11, 9 & 9 when we went and the twins were the last out there. Had many fully mature stingrays with us the whole time, plus the reef is 'right there' if you want to go explore the area. DCL site says ~45 minutes of time in the water, but we were out for at least 2 hours. When we go back, we may very well do the same excursion! It hooked the entire family on snorkeling. On our E Carib cruise this Dec, we're snorkeling in Tortola due to the wonderful experience in GC.

Yeah, I'm gushing, but it was really that awesome

If you are looking for a private sailing trip in Cayman, we loved this one https://grandcaymancruiseexcursions...ayman-stingray-city-private-sailing-charters/ . They are great and we got to participate in the sailing, we snorkeled and went to the deeper stingray city. Its totally worth it, we had the best day.

We have also done a private charter in Cozumel but its not a sailboat. However its goes to El Cielo which is so incredibly beautiful and we hit some great snorkeling spots too https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumel/cozumel-private-deluxe-boat-tour/

Not sure either will be available as we booked them well in advance but worth checking out for sure. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter