Western Caribbean itinerary - Hard Rock Cafe's / Passport Stamp locations?

ember1205

Mouseketeer
I'm on the 5/11 sailing on the Fantasy on the Western Caribbean itinerary. I would be interested in knowing of locations in each of the ports of call to get my passport stamped and/or if there are Hard Rock Cafe's in walking distance from the boat.

Cozumel, George Town, and Falmouth are the port cities. Are there options?

While I appreciate the sarcasm in your response (no, I didn't open the links, I know what they are, and I genuinely do appreciate the sarcasm), I was not necessarily asking whether HRC's existed but whether they were walkable (and maybe some directions on getting there). For example, the one in GC doesn't seem to show an address that I can find, and the "directions" to it on the main web site tell you to take a boat from another location.

Also, I am wondering if anyone has tips on specific places to get my passport stamped which isn't always easy to tell from a Google search because it could change over time.

Walkable is a relative term ... Some folks might consider "5 miles away from the pier" a reasonable walk, but my mom who suffers from significant pain in both knees would probably think its way too far to walk.

I've been to Cozumel twice, and I don't remember noticing the HRC either time, but I also wasn't looking for it. Haven't been to the other 2 ports, so I don't know.

GC is a tender port, so the ship will not be docking, but will anchor, and you'll need to take a tender (smaller boat) to land. I recall it being about a 10 minute ride. I think I remember seeing the HRC (think being the key word, it was 6 years ago) about 3 long blocks from where the tenders let you out.

Thanks... I agree that everyone is different and how far one would consider reasonable to walk varies. With little to nothing to work with for addresses for the HRC's, I don't see any way to tell where they are unless someone has been there. The one in Jamaica is a 40 minute plus car ride, so that isn't happening.

I do know about the tender situation in GC, and I have read similar to your post that it's about a ten minute ride on the ferry boat. My thought there was to be more casual about leaving the boat, take a late morning / noon ferry, explore a little, and then ride back to the boat. No excursions planned in any of the ports and only an intention at this point to just explore the port areas.

Thanks for the info. Is it visible? Are there signs? Just curious if it's something I'll have to be pointed in a certain direction it would have to pass it to leave the port no matter what.

Grand Cayman's HRC is to the right as you leave the dock. You can see it as you walk down the street. It's has a large sign and easy to see.

Thanks for the info. Is it visible? Are there signs? Just curious if it's something I'll have to be pointed in a certain direction it would have to pass it to leave the port no matter what.

It’s very obvious.

And unless things have changed, that passport stamp can be gotten in the office right in the port. Knock and ask. In my mind’s eye it looks kinda like a trailer. I could be wrong and things might have changed.

I find the Ports of Call forum on the message boards on cruisecritic to be *spectacular* for this sort of question, by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter