• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Western Caribbean April 30, 2011?

Well since I finally got a response from DH, I guess this means you can count us IN on this cruise! (Now, mind you, this was a very half-hearted response, but an affirmative nonetheless, so it COUNTS! Lol).

Traveling in our party will be myself (29), DH 31, DD 5, and possibly DSister 15. This will be our first cruise and DH is less than enthused (typical worrywart and already panicking about all the "what-if's". Poor thing). I, however, am so excited I can't stand it. We haven't actually booked yet (will do so in the next 2 weeks), and will likely go with a Guaranteed room since we couldn't really care less where we sleep. DD is excited about going to the Oceaneer club, and I am practically drooling over some much-needed quiet time while she is (I am deep within the depths of applying to medical school, so I really need some chill time).

Anyhoo, I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. If anyone has any tips for first timers, please feel free to PM me! Can't wait to sail with you all.

Well since I finally got a response from DH, I guess this means you can count us IN on this cruise! (Now, mind you, this was a very half-hearted response, but an affirmative nonetheless, so it COUNTS! Lol).

Traveling in our party will be myself (29), DH 31, DD 5, and possibly DSister 15. This will be our first cruise and DH is less than enthused (typical worrywart and already panicking about all the "what-if's". Poor thing). I, however, am so excited I can't stand it. We haven't actually booked yet (will do so in the next 2 weeks), and will likely go with a Guaranteed room since we couldn't really care less where we sleep. DD is excited about going to the Oceaneer club, and I am practically drooling over some much-needed quiet time while she is (I am deep within the depths of applying to medical school, so I really need some chill time).

Anyhoo, I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. If anyone has any tips for first timers, please feel free to PM me! Can't wait to sail with you all.

WELCOME party: Glad you could join us!! It is exciting isn't it....just love it when it all comes together and you get yourself all booked!

You are going to Love Disney Cruise Line, it truly is amazing! My DH wasn't that excited the first time we went either, but NOW he can hardly wait to go back!

Any questions.....ask away!

Yes, welcome! :cheer2:
For first timers,, be sure to slow down and enjoy the whole thing!
I would say plan, plan, plan.... get an idea what you want to do while onboard so you dont miss out. check out navigators.
Look into each of the ports to decide what you want to do/see so you dont get home and "wish we would of" :rolleyes:
Of course this is most likely your first one, so try and have the deposit ready to book your second one while on board. :wizard:

I would say, first timers DO NOT try and do it all! Enjoy your time. Look at the Navagators the night before and pick a few things. Enjoy this time and RELAX!!

Hi all!
We met/cruised with laura001 last year and it was such a blast! I'm trying to talk hubby into this cruise but we won't decide until this November when we go on the Eastern cruise.:confused3

Just wanted to check out the thread and Laura was right in an earlier post with her assumption that some of the folks from last time just might peak in on this one!popcorn::

Just an FYI for those people considering excursions. We went on the Nautilaus tour (semi-sub and snorkel) and it was wonderful! The snorkeling went by way to fast but the crew was awesome and I loved sitting and looking through the view windows at the coral and ship wreck. This was in Grand Cayman.:cloud9:

Hopefully we will be joining all of you as it sounds like another very nice group! I just love the Disboard!!:goodvibes

Hi all!
We met/cruised with laura001 last year and it was such a blast! I'm trying to talk hubby into this cruise but we won't decide until this November when we go on the Eastern cruise.:confused3

Just wanted to check out the thread and Laura was right in an earlier post with her assumption that some of the folks from last time just might peak in on this one!popcorn::

Just an FYI for those people considering excursions. We went on the Nautilaus tour (semi-sub and snorkel) and it was wonderful! The snorkeling went by way to fast but the crew was awesome and I loved sitting and looking through the view windows at the coral and ship wreck. This was in Grand Cayman.:cloud9:

Hopefully we will be joining all of you as it sounds like another very nice group! I just love the Disboard!!:goodvibes

:cool1:I know you guys are going to cave and come in April! :goodvibes:lmao: We did have a lot of fun! The time leading up to the cruise and anticipation on our cruise thread made a big difference. It was so nice to be able to meet everyone and then to run into everyone through the week!

I am heading to Disney tomorrow and it will be my last trip (unless I can talk someone else into going) before the cruise.:scared1: It is going to be a long winter...:laughing: but I will have the cruise to look forward to.

Has anyone planned either a pre stay at Disney before the cruise or a post stay?

adventurelover 67, we would :love: to have you join us!
AND thanks for the great review of the excursion! :hippie:

Well gang due to school IStep testing, we had to move our cruise up a week. Manditory testing so no way we could go. We are going now th week after, the last 7 day caribbean cruise. Hoping next year we can do the Western!!!

Well gang due to school IStep testing, we had to move our cruise up a week. Manditory testing so no way we could go. We are going now th week after, the last 7 day caribbean cruise. Hoping next year we can do the Western!!!

aww...too bad, but at least you still get to go on your cruise!! Have a great time, we can always wave to you while we are getting off! :goodvibes

Hey All!

We too have switched our cruise...we are sailing on Nov 27, 2010 instead. Ended up with a deal that we just couldn't pass up.

Hope you all have a great time!!

Just booked this last night. It will be me, DW, DS 5 and DS 3. We'll be flying in the night before from IND and staying at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach. For the mrs. and me, this is cruise #3, but first with the younguns. Should be quite the adventure.

Welcome planetneutral! Sorry it took me so long, my laptop is down....
Was wondering if we were sailing alone? LOL

My family is also going on this cruise - so excited! It will be me (16), my younger sister (14), my neighbor, who's like a sister (12), my mom and my dad. (All ages are based on what they will be at the time of the cruise) We have connected category 10 staterooms, #2643, and #2645. This will be our first cruise, and we are really excited! Can't wait! :banana:

My family is booked on this cruise (me, DH, DS-8, DS-1). We are all so excited. So glad I found this site- I have already learned so much. :)

After much back and forth, we finally booked! We (me, DH, and DS (2)) are so excited but also anxious - any advice would be appreciated!

tritao - so glad someone else posted on here!!! I thought I had killed the thread! I was also beginning to think my family would be all alone on this ship since it looks like the early posters have bailed. :confused3

I'm new here, but I'll be watching this thread to see if others are joining us. :)

We are still going - the thread has been so quiet but should pick up as we get closer. A little over 3 months to go! It will be me, DH, DD (4), and DS (2). This will be our second cruise with Disney and we are so excited!

Alecia

Yay!! Someone else is going on the cruise too!! :yay:

This is our first cruise and it will be me, DH, DS (9), DS (1). I hope you are right about the thread picking up soon.....I'll be watching. :)

Yay - you both have young ones too! So, are you going to be doing any excursions?

Debc - I got nervous when no one responded right away!

Alecia - Since you have been to on a Disney cruise, any advice on strollers? Did you bring an umbrella stroller with you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter