We're Gonna Need Some Cocktails! ~ A Sept 2017 PTR ~ Updated 10/2: All the Resort Drama

The GF is a perfect place for a momma/daughter trip. It's just so elegant and sophisticated. I'd stay there with my mom. Now, my daughter and I are NOT sophisticated at all, so we will keep plugging our way through the values/mods. :crowded:
What a pain with all the misinformation when you were trying to book. I'm glad it worked out !

Why are room booking so difficult?? I'm always changing resorts, room types, etc! It's crazy!
I usually am pretty good about it! Normally I book something when the following year's booking window opens during the summer, then I'll most often change it to something else once the military discounts are released in the Fall. And normally, because I book so far in advance, I have zero issues getting what I want. This is the first time I've experienced this kind of drama!

Happy you ended up at the Grand! Amazing!!! I know the contemporary it's high on your list but being able to walk to MK is amazing!!! Not high on my list (to do again) either but this makes staying so worth it... so maybe I'll stay again soon!
Oh, trust me, I'm still looking forward to my eventual stay there. I'm still plugging about at my goal of staying in them all at least ones before I repeat any. I'm sure I'll be happy as a clam when the Contemporary's turn rolls around!

Well, staying at a monorail resort is definitely a huge plus then! It's going to be so much fun :yay:
I hope so! I'm looking forward to it!

The GF is a perfect place for a momma/daughter trip. It's just so elegant and sophisticated. I'd stay there with my mom. Now, my daughter and I are NOT sophisticated at all, so we will keep plugging our way through the values/mods. :crowded:
My mom isn't at all sophisticated either, but she does like pretty girly things (hmm, no wonder where I get it from). Plus I've spent years plugging my way through the Values/Mods, and I and trying not to repeat any Disney resorts until I've stayed at them all. By time time this trip rolls around, I'll have stayed in all the Values and 2/4 Mods. Of the remaining 2, one I want to save for a longer possibly solo trip (POR), and the other didn't have the discount availability (CBR). So Deluxe it is for us!

What a pain with all the misinformation when you were trying to book. I'm glad it worked out !
It worked out better than I could have ever DREAMED!

This is going to be great! There is nothing like a monorail resort and the Grand Floridian is beautiful. I stayed there the first time (with an awesome discount) because my mom always dreamt about it and it was her birthday so I surprised her; going in expecting it to be stuffy and snooty and planned for it to be a one time thing. However, it was awesome. So pretty and not at all stuck up. The contemporary is still my favorite monorail but the grand is a close second. You'll love it, I'm sure.

This is going to be great! There is nothing like a monorail resort and the Grand Floridian is beautiful. I stayed there the first time (with an awesome discount) because my mom always dreamt about it and it was her birthday so I surprised her; going in expecting it to be stuffy and snooty and planned for it to be a one time thing. However, it was awesome. So pretty and not at all stuck up. The contemporary is still my favorite monorail but the grand is a close second. You'll love it, I'm sure.
I know I will, and I hope she will too! This is definitely our Mama/Daughter trip spot!

So I jumped over here to see if this was updated a as I thought I read this was getting pushed back....

Hope all is well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter