"We're Going to Disney World!"

most DISers here have had to "build" their reservations a couple of days at a time because of whats available...Ive not read a single post that said they were required to change sites....but they do have to go and re-check in at the end of the 1st reservation. If Im incorrect, Im sure they'll chime in quickly.

I'll start a new thread and check it out, don't want to high-jack Disney4dan thread them being new and all. :thumbsup2

Not to be so jaded, but, this did nothing to stimulate the economy a couple of years ago & it won't do anything this time, either.

$1200/married couple or $1200 & $300/kid for a family is equivalent to putting a bandaid on a 6 inch gash!

Permanent tax reductions and fair tax programs would go a lot further.

Would you rather have a one time pay bonus or a permanent wage increase?

That being said, I'll probably go to FtW with mine!!

Not to be so jaded, but, this did nothing to stimulate the economy a couple of years ago & it won't do anything this time, either...

Just for the record, I totally agree with you re: the rebate plan. I think it is soooo stupid! Stop trying to buy our votes and keep the money. Pay down the national debt that's gone up 1/2 trillion dollars in *each* of the last five years! :eek:

I'd like my kids to be able to afford to go to Disney when they're grownups, too, instead of just paying off our debts.

Sheesh!

Sue
...but if they send it, I'm keeping it. I'm not stupid!

Not to be so jaded, but, this did nothing to stimulate the economy a couple of years ago & it won't do anything this time, either.

$1200/married couple or $1200 & $300/kid for a family is equivalent to putting a bandaid on a 6 inch gash!

Permanent tax reductions and fair tax programs would go a lot further.

Would you rather have a one time pay bonus or a permanent wage increase?

That being said, I'll probably go to FtW with mine!!

I agree with you. But I wont complain when I get a check. We will be going to WDW with or with out it.:cool2:

is equivalent to putting a bandaid on a 6 inch gash!

It's more like puttin a bandaid on an amptated leg. Those moron politians treat our money like they're entitled to it all. Where's Pat Paulsen when we really need him? I'm so mad at all the politicians I could spit!

36_11_23.gif

I just wanted to add that I think people should hold on to their money in case it's going to have anything to do with their income tax return for next year. The last time we got a check from the Government I thought it was free and clear but when we did our taxes, we were told we couldn't take our usual child credit because we'd received the check earlier in the year (can't remember the exact wording, our tax program we were using connected us to the IRS web page at this point and that message popped up). The amount of our refund was reduced by the exact the amount of the check.

I'm thinking that if people rely on any of their return for the same thing every year, they might be surprised to find the amount less next year and not plan for it. Or if they owe, how will the amount they get now affect what they owe next year? Should they save the money they get now to help them then?

Anyway, ours is going to be saved if we get anything.

I just wanted to add that I think people should hold on to their money in case it's going to have anything to do with their income tax return for next year. The last time we got a check from the Government I thought it was free and clear but when we did our taxes, we were told we couldn't take our usual child credit because we'd received the check earlier in the year (can't remember the exact wording, our tax program we were using connected us to the IRS web page at this point and that message popped up). The amount of our refund was reduced by the exact the amount of the check.

I'm thinking that if people rely on any of their return for the same thing every year, they might be surprised to find the amount less next year and not plan for it. Or if they owe, how will the amount they get now affect what they owe next year? Should they save the money they get now to help them then?

Anyway, ours is going to be saved if we get anything.

We always owe nothing new to us.:mad:

Yeah...I havent recieved a refund in 8-10 years...even with 4 kids...thats the drawbacks of making cash in hand every night...end of years Ol SammyBoy wants his share.

You had to know it wasn't going to be free money lol. In 03 they gave $400 per child tax credit to families. Everybody thought it was free. Like the OP said, it comes out at the end of the year. It's just an advance is all it is. Our gov't would never give us anything lol. That's like getting discounts from Disney. You get it ahead of time but you still spend it while you're there so it makes no difference.

Well at least going to Disneyworld, the money would be going to an US Company that is in an US City instead of buying something made in China, stimulating China's economy.

Originally Posted by stacktester
You had to know it wasn't going to be free money lol.

No, I was a goober and ran through the streets saying 'they like MEEEE best!! Go Cottontail, it's my birthday, it's my birthday :dancer:

Like the OP said, it comes out at the end of the year. It's just an advance is all it is. Our gov't would never give us anything lol.

I realize that. That's why I'm concerned for those in my examples above who don't realize it's just a loan of their own money and usually have specific uses and needs with refunds or how they pay for what they owe.

Well at least going to Disneyworld, the money would be going to an US Company that is in an US City instead of buying something made in China, stimulating China's economy.

Except when you buy things in disney that are made in china, like oh I don't know ..... everything lol

Except when you buy things in disney that are made in china, like oh I don't know ..... everything lol

DD usually get's a trading pin when we go and I don't like that it's made in China. I rarely buy anything else just for that reason. Disney makes enough souvies that they could open their own factory here in the U.S. but that might cut profits so that's out of the question. With all the junk China has been dumping on us I think it's time we just quit buying their stuff. I know, I'm getting OT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter