We're going to a Disney Wedding!!! PTR for 10/7-12

metz72

Earning My Ears
Who hoo. Less then 2 months till we head back to Disney and this time for a wedding. A dear friend is getting married on October 9th at the Wedding Pavillion and we were invited to join them. I am reading at the wedding too. Rachel, the bride, actually gave us our first Disney experience when she was a cast member a few years ago so we are so excited to go back and share her special day with her.

We lucked out with her planning her special day over Columbus Day weekend so even though we are gone for 6 days the girls will only miss 1 1/2 days of school.

So the cast for this trip is me, DS Richard, and 2 DDs, Meghan 13 and Gabrielle 8.

I am normally a commando planner for trips, but I have been strangely laid back for this one. I don't even know which park we are visiting first!

This is what I do know:
We have non-stop flights this time whoo-hoo.
In the past we have spent 8-10 hours traveling due to layovers etc. This time we have an early flight and will be arriving in Orlando at 11:30am. Even accounting for the ME trip we should have a good amount of time that first day in a park (If I just knew which one it will be)

We are staying at the Coronado Springs Resort.
This is where the bride picked and due to the wedding discount we could afford to stay there. I am so excited. I have been reading great things about CSR on the boards. We stayed at ASMu last visit and will probably staying at another value for the next trip.

The wedding is at the Wedding Pavillion at noon on Saturday and the reception is at the Yacht and Beach Club after. After all that there is an "after-party" with the bride and groom at Epcot taking advantage of the Food and Wine festival.

The rehearsal dinner is Friday night at the California Grill. Super super excited for this one. Even though the schedules that are out say that the fireworks are not scheduled for that night, the wedding planner assured Rachel that they will be that night.

The day we leave, Tuesday, our flight leaves at 4:30 so will will spend the last day having breakfast at Boma and then a little time at AK until time to leave.

So as you can see not too much is planned. I would love your suggestions on how to fill our days. If anyone has been to a Disney wedding I would love to hear about that too.

Thanks for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter