We're Going This Week Next Year, How Are The Crowds & F&W Now??

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Just started lining up stuff for Oct 29 through Nov 7 2015. We've been there 5 times in Oct before but never this late, very interested in any observations on crowds especially from any one who has experienced mid Oct levels.

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Be prepared for the "watch out for Jersey week crowds".

Crowds tend to pick up from Thursday through the weekend, but I think it is a mix of all that is occurring. Last weekend of Food & Wine, Marathon and the "entire" state of NJ.

Either way, crowds are not that bad even at the tail end of the week. Most crowd calendars have the beginning of the week around 4/10 and the tail end 6/10. In my opinion, that's not crowded. If it were compared to the same time 10 years ago, you could say its crowded, but its been like this for a while now.

they had Boyz to Men the last couple of nights and apparently they are so popular that they up the usual weekday crowds at the festival.

Crowd calendars won't tell you what the Festival itself will be like. They're generally based on average wait times for attractions, and the festival crowds are usually boosted by locals who aren't there to do attractions.

they had Boyz to Men the last couple of nights and apparently they are so popular that they up the usual weekday crowds at the festival.

Crowd calendars won't tell you what the Festival itself will be like. They're generally based on average wait times for attractions, and the festival crowds are usually boosted by locals who aren't there to do attractions.

But thats only for Epcot.

Comparing the two, I would say November at the W&D half marathon/Jersey week/ federal holiday will be on par with October--expect the weekends will be busier at Epcot.

Certainly not "LOW crowds"......

We just returned from a long weekend (Sat-today). It was more crowded this year than ever! We go this time every year, and I really think this year was insane.

We hit FWF on Sunday and Monday (stayed in EP all day these 2 days). Some lines were very long (like Canada). It took me about 20 minutes from the time I got in line until the time I got my food. Maybe FP+ for FWF will be offered soon:rotfl2:

Monday was noticeably less crowded, especially when WS first opened at 11. From 11-2 it wasn't too bad. Crowds picked up after that.

MK was crazy busy Sat and Tues., especially as the day went on. There were places where we were literally stuck and unable to walk. Saturday was a little chilly, so people stayed away from some rides, like Splash Mountain. That was a walk on:)

No matter the crowds, you'll still have a good time. Enjoy!

We are headed down on Friday and will be there through Veteran's Day...not exactly the timeline you're looking for, but I'll be happy to report back after our trip

Crowds for F&W are CRAZY right now. It's been a very popular event this year from what I can tell.

Crowds for F&W are CRAZY right now. It's been a very popular event this year from what I can tell.

Just got back from F&W this morning. Last Thursday & Friday (30,31) were great Sat & Sun were packed, Monday and Tuesday were busier but not horrible.

Just got back from 5 days. Crowds were very manageable the entire time at all parks- we did Epcot every day, along with HS on Sunday, AK on Tuesday and MK on Wednesday. We could not believe how light the crowds were at MK in particular- even at noon, Space Mountain was only 20-25 minute waits. 7DMT was only 50 minutes at 3pm or so.

Epcot was not crazy- there were crowds but lines were manageable. Boyz II Men had big crowds but David Cook last night at the 8pm show you could have walked in at 7:59 and had a lot of choices. I know that varies by artist but I certainly wouldn't call any night "jammed" at Epcot.

It was a great week- certainly lots of people from jersey but without them it would have been empty, and they didn't crowd it.

MK was fantastic today! I wrote a bunch down so I could do a full trip report later, but we really didn't wait much for anything. I think the longest was Pirates at around 25 mins or so.

We hopped to epcot, leaving MK at 6:45, and got to Epcot right around 7 or 7:05ish. We took some photopass pics at the entrance, then headed back to F&W. It was a bit crowded, but not too bad...especially for it being a friday night! It was worst as we walked in. We made our way back to the David Cook concert, and were in our seats (after stopping at UK and Morocco for CS dinner) by 7:55. We continued around the rest of WS after the concert, and it was much easier to walk around by then. We found a fantastic spot by Norway to watch Illuminations at the rail!

All in all a great night, definitely not too crowded at all!

Been here all week and it is much busier than usual for this week.

AK was packed yesterday
HS was packed yesterday
Epcot was packed yesterday
Did not do MK yesterday, but I'd expect it was a little slower since it was a MVMCP night..and tat was sold out

By packed I mean packed for first week of November...lines have been 20-40 minutes for the most part..normally it is 5 to 10

I don't think I ever saw 7D under 60 minutes this week, same with Toy Story
Even the great movie ride was 30 minutes

Epcot was very busy every night..much more so than last year...and much of that was locals out to see B2M

Much of the F&W merch is sold out..so it has been a busy season for them according to the staff in the festival center

Thanks for all the info, looks like we'll manage if we just avoid Sat and get to WS fairly early. Our strategy whether F&W is on or not is to hit a park at ropedrop then hop to WS around noon every day. Our DVC angel starts booking our BoardWalk dates the end of this month so the 'Plan-Go-Start Planning Again' cycle continues.

Bill From PA

I forgot to say last night...the f&w booth lines we were in were not long at all. We eked right up to the wine bar in Italy that's always there. We also pretty much walked right up to thr Germany festival booth and south Korea. No lines at all for the CS meals at UK/Morocco/America. Not sure if my husband had a bit of a line getting his tequila flight in Mexico...I was in Norway getting gjetost cheesecake..no line there either. And the cheesecake was delicious! It was around 8:30 when the concert ended and we started going to thr kiosks.

Based on other reports I'd seen, I was expecting 20 min waits for festival booths, esp kn a Friday night, but that wasn't what we experienced

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter