We're booked! (Questions!)

toolprincess

Earning My Ears
Thanks for all the advice on lodging......we booked Candy Cane Inn for 3/13 - 3/17/06 w/ 5 day park hoppers! So excited! But, a few questions.........

My friends went last year and "lanyards and pins" were all the rage? Are they still? Do they have pin-trading stations still?

A couple people IRL told us that a lot of the little girls wear princess costumes to the parks. They suggested we buy them ahead at the Disney store (like around Halloween time) because they are pricey in the park (naturally!). Our girls will be 6.5 and 2.5 when we go in March, and I know if they see girls in costumes they'll want to wear them, too!

We want to eat at the Blue Bayou for lunch, and from what I can gather on the boards the 11:30 PS is the best chance at getting a waterside table. And you can only make ressies 60 days in advance?

We also want to try the Granville Steakhouse? Is it good?

Thanks so much....I am so glad I found these boards. I can't imagine figuring out all this stuff without you all!

Pins are popular but I would have to say not as popular as a few years ago. I myself only buy pins that I like and am wanting to keep. I have never participated in "pin trading" and dont' wear them on a lanyard.

SOME girls do infact wear princess costumes. But IMO, unless you DD's are really into them I wouldn't put the money out for them. My youngest was Cinderella for Halloween one year. And she wore the costume to death - the preschool, to the store, at home, etc. But never to Disneyland.

The two times I have gone to BB we had no trouble getting a water side table. Just ask when you check in and be willing to wait. PS are 60 days out but unlike WDW were 60 days means 60 days. At disneyland it is really two months. Meaning for 3/3 call on 1/3.

I was there yesterday and saw several little girls wearing princess costumes (even in the heat). These were very tulley, fancy outfits. I also saw a cute Minnie Mouse sort of dress too. They looked adorable and seemed to love the attention and if you can't dress like a princess at DL, where can you? If your girls are princesses at heart, go for it. It will save time to have them purchased ahead of time. princess:

I agree that pin trading wasn't quite as hot as a year ago, but it is still happening. One thing is that it's easier to trade with a CM since fewer people are doing it. It is a very pricey hobby to get into - I opted out after one pin purchase. But if you want to start, get a cheap lot purchase from someplace so you can trade those off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter