We're back... trip report

SKFamily

Mouseketeer
We've actually been back from DL for a week, but just got home.

The trip went way better than I expected. First evening we just checked out DTD to save our passes. We didn't go into many shops, but what an atmosphere.

Did California Adventure our first day. Got there just before the rope drop and ds's got to see Pluto before they were even in the park. Three out of four of us rode California Screamin'... we all loved it, same for Soarin' over California. Ds and dh did Grizzly River Run while I took other ds for a tour. Must've been good since they re-did it a day or so later. Lots of character sightings ("Goofy" was highly annoying... he was continually "on break" and pushed a couple of strollers with kids in them out of his way to get there. He had just come off his break, but the CM with him said he was "just going on his break... wait 5 mins". Every time we saw him he was pushing his way through the kids, "just going on break". I know they take a lot of breaks, but come on!) We gave up on that one... not worth it. We watched Aladdin - really good. Had supper at ESPN Zone... dh said the steak was good but he's had better for less $$. (I was feeling crummy at that point and didn't care what I ate.) All the guys were impressed with all of the televisions.

The next day we went into Disneyland. Wow, what a difference! Just the atmosphere as soon as we got onto mainstreet! We did a few rides that day, but the crowds were awful - to the point that I had a hard time getting my scooter through and the heat/crowds had us all cranky so we went back to the hotel just after lunch at the Blue Bayou. Great food, but a little dark for reading menus. Went back for the Electrical parade - wow! The rest of our time was spent in Disneyland, we rode everything we wanted to but missed Big Thunder. The accident happened while we were at the hotel for the afternoon. (which we did twice.. great option) I'm hooked, I'd love to go back when ds3 is two inches taller. But we would do it off-season next time. The heat didn't really bother us, but sometimes the crowds got to us all.

The scenery was amazing, when dh and ds were on a ride I took ds3 for a tour just to look at things. He eyes just about popped out of head at Playhouse Disney. He would only go to a character if his brother went with him.. too funny. His favorite ride at the age of 3?.... The Matterhorn! Ds13 liked them all... favorite would be a toss up between Splash Mountain and California Screamin'.

HoJo's was great - I can't say enough about how helpful they were with the scooter. We watched fireworks from the balcony all but the one night we went over for them. The gift shop had everything we needed and then some.... including a tensor wrap for dh's knee that he hurt our first night there. :rolleyes: Thought I was going to have to share my scooter!

Knott's - not so great, we wouldn't go back. The chicken was good, though.

All in all it was a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter