• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

we're back - highs and lows 9th - 12th april

DLPdaft

<font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li
I typed a huge list of highs and lows earlier this morning then lost the lot grrr - so lets try again (I'll try posting a little then adding to it)!

Lows -

one little niggle - it took us 30 minutes to get to the front of the AP office queue for our new APs on Wednesday, despite there only being half a dozen people in front of me. There were at least 10 CMs behind the desk, but only 3 were dealing with customers. When you've been travelling for hours and just want to get exploring the park, 30 minutes feels like forever ;)!

Chalet au Marionette - 2pm on Friday we attempted to get something to eat here, I waited in line for 15 minutes and in all that time I saw one person get served their food, so I gave up.

Highs

Everything else :love:!

Weather - best we've ever had at DLP in 13 trips - dry, sunny, light breezes every day. We had suncream on on Thursday.

Disneyland Park looks truly beautiful right now, clean, shiny, and all the flowers/decor for the Springtime Festival add the finishing touch.

Dreams! - we saw it twice, both times even my 5-year old could see it well. We haven't seen it since Brave and Lion King joined the show, I was devastated when Jungle Book was cut but I will graciously accept that Lion King makes an acceptable replacement. I cried - again.

Springtime Festival -
This is stunning - the main park and Village are beautifully decorated, and in the bright sunshine the vibrant colours really pop. We didn't meet Rapunzel as she's only out 3 times a day and the queues are mental, but we saw the Spring Promenade show on the stage, which is full of characters, dancers, singing and music. Lots of fun and if you watch it from the stage area you see the whole thing come past you twice. We also saw the Welcome to Spring show at the bandstand, lovely little show and good to see that area being used for song and dance again.

Queued meet n greets -
Love it! We joined the Studios meet n greets on Friday, so relaxed with everyone in organised lines, compared to previous scrums. Even at the Descent of the Stairs on Thursday afternoon the characters or their CMs were all pointing to who was next so there was no pushing in.

Its a Small World birthday celebrations -
we saw the filming on Thursday morning as hundreds of people, singing and waving flags, walked through the castle down to the hub. In the afternoon we rode the IASW ride, and were asked to join one of the singing boats by UNICEF staff, so we had to sing the song all the way round the ride. Of course we said yes - by the end we were all La La La-ing instead of singing but that counts, right?

Eurostar and Gravesend Premier Inn -
First time on Eurostar for all of us, we were indirect out and direct back. Both very easy and stress-free, I think i'd prefer direct on the way back, as when you've left the parks on your last day you just want to be home don't you. Premier Inn Gravesend was a 7-minute drive to Ebbsfleet train station, quiet hotel, lovely breakfast, helpful staff, what more could you want?

And finally - the low crowds (it felt like term-time in May or June, rather than school holidays, even considering it was Spanish holidays this week too), the non-smelly toilets (even at Chalet au Marionette and near BTM, usually the ones I avoid like the plague), and all the restaurants we tried (except Chalet au Marionette above) - no complaints at all!

So - I have converted yet another young family member to the Disney Magic (my 5-year old niece) - and she's determined to bring her Dad next time lol!

Welcome back Elaine :wave2: glad you had such a fantastic time and yay for another Disneyholic in your family! :goodvibes

Yay, sounds like our highs and lows are fairly similar! I forgot about the queue for Annual passes. I don't understand what was taking them so long to serve the people in front of us. There was a French family arguing with the CM's about something for ages!

Glad you had a great time too!

It seems all of us who were there last week have very similar Highs and Lows! We had a couple of breakdowns, in queue for BTM when it broke so I guess this was the same time as you got stuck on the ride. Also managed to get to POC at rope drop to be 1st riders of the day and after walking through the music suddenly stopped and it was closed.

Welcome back Elaine, always great when you convert people;) I did not know Lion King was in Dreams (even more reason for me to try and get back this year) well that and the new Ratatouille ride!

Glad you enjoyed your trip and Gravesend was fine for you:)

Welcome back - it sounds amazing. :goodvibes No wonder you converted your neice!

This Springtime Festival sounds so good and I am so looking forward to seeing it. I'm being a bit dense about the Spring Promenade show though, which stage is it on? The Castle stage between the side of the château and the AP office? Where exactly is the best place to watch from? Do you mean on or around the stone benches?

I also like the idea of the queued meet n greets in the Studios, are the times for these in the programme?

Sorry for all the questions but your H&Ls have me all excited! :hyper:

DLPdaft said:
I typed a huge list of highs and lows earlier this morning then lost the lot grrr - so lets try again (I'll try posting a little then adding to it)!

Lows -

one little niggle - it took us 30 minutes to get to the front of the AP office queue for our new APs on Wednesday, despite there only being half a dozen people in front of me. There were at least 10 CMs behind the desk, but only 3 were dealing with customers. When you've been travelling for hours and just want to get exploring the park, 30 minutes feels like forever ;)!

Chalet au Marionette - 2pm on Friday we attempted to get something to eat here, I waited in line for 15 minutes and in all that time I saw one person get served their food, so I gave up.

Highs

Everything else :love:!

Weather - best we've ever had at DLP in 13 trips - dry, sunny, light breezes every day. We had suncream on on Thursday.

Disneyland Park looks truly beautiful right now, clean, shiny, and all the flowers/decor for the Springtime Festival add the finishing touch.

Dreams! - we saw it twice, both times even my 5-year old could see it well. We haven't seen it since Brave and Lion King joined the show, I was devastated when Jungle Book was cut but I will graciously accept that Lion King makes an acceptable replacement. I cried - again.

Springtime Festival -
This is stunning - the main park and Village are beautifully decorated, and in the bright sunshine the vibrant colours really pop. We didn't meet Rapunzel as she's only out 3 times a day and the queues are mental, but we saw the Spring Promenade show on the stage, which is full of characters, dancers, singing and music. Lots of fun and if you watch it from the stage area you see the whole thing come past you twice. We also saw the Welcome to Spring show at the bandstand, lovely little show and good to see that area being used for song and dance again.

Queued meet n greets -
Love it! We joined the Studios meet n greets on Friday, so relaxed with everyone in organised lines, compared to previous scrums. Even at the Descent of the Stairs on Thursday afternoon the characters or their CMs were all pointing to who was next so there was no pushing in.

Its a Small World birthday celebrations -
we saw the filming on Thursday morning as hundreds of people, singing and waving flags, walked through the castle down to the hub. In the afternoon we rode the IASW ride, and were asked to join one of the singing boats by UNICEF staff, so we had to sing the song all the way round the ride. Of course we said yes - by the end we were all La La La-ing instead of singing but that counts, right?

Eurostar and Gravesend Premier Inn -
First time on Eurostar for all of us, we were indirect out and direct back. Both very easy and stress-free, I think i'd prefer direct on the way back, as when you've left the parks on your last day you just want to be home don't you. Premier Inn Gravesend was a 7-minute drive to Ebbsfleet train station, quiet hotel, lovely breakfast, helpful staff, what more could you want?

And finally - the low crowds (it felt like term-time in May or June, rather than school holidays, even considering it was Spanish holidays this week too), the non-smelly toilets (even at Chalet au Marionette and near BTM, usually the ones I avoid like the plague), and all the restaurants we tried (except Chalet au Marionette above) - no complaints at all!

So - I have converted yet another young family member to the Disney Magic (my 5-year old niece) - and she's determined to bring her Dad next time lol!

Welcome home and well done on another DLP conversion☺
Sounds like a great trip - nothing like unexpectedly low crowds. The iasw celebration looked great.
Thanks for sharing

thanks all, it really was a great trip, and we found plenty to do to avoid any busy parts of the parks too, even with a big age range (5, 12, 13 and 40teen ;)).

Welcome back - it sounds amazing. :goodvibes No wonder you converted your neice!

This Springtime Festival sounds so good and I am so looking forward to seeing it. I'm being a bit dense about the Spring Promenade show though, which stage is it on? The Castle stage between the side of the château and the AP office? Where exactly is the best place to watch from? Do you mean on or around the stone benches?

yes thats the one - i sat on the stone benches and the girls sat at the ropeside in front of the stage, then when the parade came past everyone stood up, just like the normal Magic On Parade.

I also like the idea of the queued meet n greets in the Studios, are the times for these in the programme?

this meet n greet isn't on the park programme - the Cars n Stars parade moved to its new time of 2.15pm last week, and certainly on Friday the characters came out at 12noon, i believe from previous reports that they are around for an hour plus from then for queued meet n greets (they might go and then come back out).

Sorry for all the questions but your H&Ls have me all excited! :hyper:

no problem - I was pleasantly surprised with the Spring Promenade, so many characters walking in it, and Clarabelle on stage with the musicians shaking her stuff :thumbsup2.

Welcome back! What a fabulous list of highs and lows! It has made me want to go to experience the Spring Festival! Is it going to be a yearly thing? If so we may have to do a sneaky trip next year! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter