• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Went grocery shopping toda,y

That is the case in my area too. I am going to start picking up items for Thanksgiving asap for fear they may not be available as it gets closer.

I got my turkey breast roaster last week from Walmart since no one else had one and now they are out again. I also picked up the stuffing, vegetables and gravy so except for the bread and dessert I think I'm set.

You know...I didn't really notice a lot of bare shelves...I guess I wasn't looking for the more popular items. :confused3

So strange, I notice the exact opposite, it was sparse about a month ago but now my area is flush. Maybe there are rolling shortages like there are rolling blackouts when weather stresses that system.

Hit the other nearby market early this morning with the idea of making turkey stock and make ahead gravy. Wings and necks but no acceptably priced giblets. Aisles filled w/ workers restocking shelves which created a bit of a logger jam at times. Grabbed a few irresistibly priced goods not on my list.
No complaints to speak of.

I went to Target to get a turkey today (mission accomplished) and their shelves were well stocked, except for turkeys. Last week, they had a couple dozen, but they were all in the ten to twelve pound range. This week, they had one that size, and the one 22 pounder I bought. It was only 99 cents a pound, so that might have contributed to the sellout. Publix didn’t get turkeys last year until the weekend before the holiday, and I didn’t want to risk waiting. I have everything I need for thanksgiving dinner now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter