Wendy & Chuck's PJ and TR Merged 2/4/08 Escape SBP/JIKO: Updated 9/19-Pleasure Island

MistressOfAllEvil

DIS Veteran
Okay, I'll start a PJ. Nevermind that my wedding is only 82 days away. Nevermind that I should probably be spending more time doing and acting and planning and less time lamenting.

I think a PJ will give me a great place to organize all of my thoughts, ideas and purchases. I'm a little worried though, that I'll realize how much I really have left to do and then freak out. :scared:

So, here we go from the top:

A Breif History

DF and I met 11 years ago this month at a Fraternity party he had been heavily promoting. DF had met my best gf online (this was when things like this happen with instant message and such) and invited her and her friends to the party. So, we decided to go. We figured if it was lame we could bail, otherwise it was something to do on a Friday night. DF originally liked my gf, but he backed off when his friend also liked her. So, he instead turned his attention towards me. (His version differs, claiming he liked me all along from the begining :rolleyes: )

We began dating and then we kept dating and then we dated some more. Then we broke up (for a couple of months) and then we dated again. Then we dated some more. Then we broke up again (for 4 months). Then we started dating again. Whew. That's a lot of dating. So, I designated 2006 as The Year Of The Ring: Operation Coal. However, I left in the middle of year and moved to Florida to do the Disney College Program. I came home from that 2 months early (November instead of January) and DF and I began living together. (We had lived together once before but then broke up... eek!)

Finally, DF realized that having to propose was imminent. So, we planned a vacation to Disney (by far, my favorite vacation spot. DF likes it too... his family has spent nearly every Christmas of his life there.)

The Proposal

Okay, I'm copying this portion from my blog on my myspace:

Thank You Everyone for you patience, I just this morning found my thumb drive, got the pictures off of Chuck's computer and took some not so great pictures of my ring while sitting at my desk, lol.

If you haven't heard my little story yet, here it is...

There was a hopeful plan to get engaged while we were at WDW recently. We flew in Thursday, May 17th and our flight home was Tuesday the 22nd. So, there we were having tons of fun; overfed (ddp) and exhausted (too short of a trip.) We were finally going to Magic Kingdom on Monday, my home away from home, MY MECCA! At this point there has been nothing. A beautiful dinner at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian... Nothing. An amazing Segway Tour at Epcot... Nothing. Hmmm. What did I do. Give up. I stopped thinking about it. I had almost forgotten about a silly proposal, heck I was in Disney. I was at the Magic Kingdom - Spectro and Wishes were later in the evening. Life, was (is) pretty good. Besides, Chuck probably forgot the ring (which no, I had not seen yet,) or got cold feet (surprise, surprise) or whatever. All I know was that I was unexpecting. On top of it he had been slightly sick all day (lol, if I only knew!) and blamed it on our really, really late dinner the night before!

Moving along...

We had a wonderful day at MK, at 5pm we watched the Flag Retreat Ceremony and then caught the monorail to the Contemporary for our dinner ressie at Concourse Steakhouse. At this point I think Chuck is dying so I am willing to miss Spectro and Wishes and go back to our room so he can rest. He assures me that he's fine and we head back to MK. Due to some poor transportation and an innocent detour on our part, we don't make it back until ten to eight. I'm freaking out because the parade is in an hour and we haven't gone on any fantasyland rides!! No pan, no small world, no philharmagic! AND we haven't been to Cinderella's Fountain. An often overlooked gem, Cinderella's Fountain is situated behind the Castle and off to the left. It's kitty corner to a designated smoking area that often spills into that space (boo!) The great thing about the fountain is that Cinderella is dressed in rags but from a child's perspective (yes you have to crouch down to really see it!) Cinderella is always a princess, no matter what she is wearing!

We enter into the park and Chuck says that we have time, we could do at least do one thing, so we head up Main Street and walk through the Castle and make our way towards the fountain. For some reason he hold me back... there were some people in front of the fountain and I assumed that he didn't want clutzy me to get in their way. So we wait and when the coast is clear, approach the fountain. I'm crouching down, trying to get the best view; fumbling with my bag to get my camera out and I look over an my dork of a boyfriend is fumbling with pennies and has his eyes closed and is tossing a penny into the fountain. I wondering what on earth he's doing. So I ask... What are you doing??? He said that you make wishes at fountains, but really you should throw the penny over your shoulder. I'm very gullible as any one who knows me knows. Alrighty then - Let's Do It! He hands me a penny. I turn around. I close my eyes. I'm poised to toss my penny. And I make a wish...

What's my big wish... please don't let Chuck be so sick that we can't enjoy Spectro and Wishes! lololol.

I toss that penny in the fountain, open my eyes and Chuck is down on bended in knee, on wet stone, hold a beautiful ring up with two hands. He told me how much he loved me, and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me! And then he asked if I would marry him! I immediately started crying, nodding my head up and down and asking "really? really?" all at the same time!

Beyond that, I kind of went into shock. I know that a kind stranger took pictures with Chuck's camera, I know that people said nice things. So, here are the pictures that the stanger took and some ring pictures that I tried to take that didn't turn out to well. They do not do justice to the ring, but they give you and idea of what's what!

engagementkiss.jpg

engagementposed.jpg

engagementcrying.jpg

bestring.jpg

I'll try to get basic wedding info up this afternoon and pictures of anything I have tonight or tomorrow!

Yay! I'm so glad you started a PJ!!!

The proposal sounds so sweet. I can't wait to see the pics you have from it. :goodvibes

i didn't know you're a former cp? where did you work? i cut my program short as well, my grandfather passed away and i went home...

I was accepted into operations and I was assigned to the Magic Kingdom, Main Stree Ops. I was immediatly trained as a conductor on the railroad and I also worked P.A.C. However, during check-in (the second day when you got your job assignments) I was recruited by an entertainment scout along with about 6 others. We were whisked away to auditions and eventually they transferred 4 of us from our assigned positions into entertainment.
:maleficen With entertainment, I got to work at all four parks! It was a blast. So, I got to do a bit of everything. I could still recite the conductor spiel for you right now! All Aboard!

I was accepted into operations and I was assigned to the Magic Kingdom, Main Stree Ops. I was immediatly trained as a conductor on the railroad and I also worked P.A.C. However, during check-in (the second day when you got your job assignments) I was recruited by an entertainment scout along with about 6 others. We were whisked away to auditions and eventually they transferred 4 of us from our assigned positions into entertainment.
:maleficen With entertainment, I got to work at all four parks! It was a blast. So, I got to do a bit of everything. I could still recite the conductor spiel for you right now! All Aboard!

VERY COOL! df was in entertainment as well in PI! i wanted to be belle soooooo badly, but i'm too tall. i think the only face character as tall as me is malificent, and she apparently doesn't (or didn't at that time) appear too often!!!

i didn't know you're a former cp? where did you work? i cut my program short as well, my grandfather passed away and i went home...

I'm sorry about your grandfather :hug: I left for many reasons, one of them being that DF's father had cancer and was going in for a surgery where his chances of survival weren't too great. It seems important that I be home during that time. I'm happy to say that FFIL is still with us and doing well! So, that worked out!

VERY COOL! df was in entertainment as well in PI! i wanted to be belle soooooo badly, but i'm too tall. i think the only face character as tall as me is malificent, and she apparently doesn't (or didn't at that time) appear too often!!!

Well, I'm 5'10 disney height... I was scouted for the white witch (from narnia) and for mali (with halloween she was quite prominent). However, before you do face, you have to do fur... and there's tons of fur in that height range!

i'm glad that your ffil is doing well! disney wasn't very forgiving of my situation...since i was a cp and had NO money i had to drive to nj, they wouldn't give me the week off that i needed in the begining of december and i didn't want to fight with them.

sorry to hijack the pj!!! can't wait for pics of the dress etc!!!

Yay! You started it. So you got to be a character? How cool is that! A guy a went to high school with went to work (I believe through the college program) and he is still there! His sister says he is an entertainment manager at Epcot. Everytime I'm there I leave a message for him, but he never gets in touch with me. My last trip, I actually went to guest relatations and they were supposed to send a message to his pager. No dice though.

YEAH! :cheer2: You started your PJ! Sounds great. My DD wants to be in the CP...she doesn't want to be there during hurricane season! :rotfl2:

YEAH! :cheer2: You started your PJ! Sounds great. My DD wants to be in the CP...she doesn't want to be there during hurricane season! :rotfl2:

to my knowledge, disney has only closed once during a hurricane, (someone correct me if i'm wrong), and that was in 1999 during andrew! my college roomate and fellow cp'er was doing her first cp there during this time!

Yay for a PJ! I can't wait to read more. Dont worry, I started my PJ with about 90 days to go. It's a lot of posting to get everyone caught up, but then its a great place to organize your thoughts.

Hooray! You started a journal! I started mine with about 95 days to go too! I thought I didn't have time to do one, but it's amazing how you make time to do fun stuff... ;)

Type of Wedding: Escape

Date: February 4, 2008 (LurkyLoo and I are kindered spirits, and how cool is it that our weddings are 2-4-8)

Time: 2:30pm

Officiant: Ron Rosenzweig - I haven't hear much on him, has anyone used him?? I went with ron b/c he was on the 'recommended' list and he didn't have any religious affiliation. DF is atheist and I'm agnostic. FMIL doesn't quite understand what agnostic is. So I once tried explaining it to her and she now likens it to Scientology. :rotfl: (you have to understand she's an older Italian woman from the old country. She's smart about somethings, but other stuff she just doesn't understand no matter what. And she has a different way of thinking about things. So, we butt heads A LOT!)

Photography: Randy Chapman - I choose Randy because he came so highly recommended on this board and because I like wanted to own the rights to my images and reprint at my will. Also, his price was very nice! We retained Randy for the 3 hour intimate package.

Welcome Dinner: I wanted to do either the Hoop-dee-do or Luau dinner show for our welcome dinner. Unfortunately, FMIL and FFIL had a multitude of reasons as to why those weren't good choices. So, I went with the stand-by, Ohana. I like Ohana okay enough, but it's not what I wanted.

The cast:

Me: Wendy aka the Mistress of All Evil
DF: Chuck
My MOH: FSIL Christie
Bridesmaid: Jenna
Best Man: Anthony (There were going to be two best men, but as I have previously posted, the other dropped out and did so in a really crappy way!)
Flower Girl: My Niece, Amya

As guests we have My Parents, DF's Parents, My sister, two of my girlfriends, two of DF's girlfriends (platonic), and another couple that we're friends with (through DF's work). We have two spots right now that we're fighting out how to fill it. I think since the couple that's coming is really DF's friends, I should get to invite who I want for the other two spots. We're working it out, lol.

Now, I only wanted to have one attendant each. BUT DF really had to have two Best Men. So I invited another friend to stand up and now DF only has one attendant. I'm not worried about being lopsided. It's just one shoulda listened to me moments.

I'll try to get pictures together to post what everyone is wearing tomorrow, but I hate to keep you guys waiting any longer to see my dress, so here it is. Now, keep in mind, I bought it off the rack for $600. And it's not altered yet and I've lost 15 lbs since the picture was taken and I'm not wearing shoes in the picture either. So, I think the finished product is going to look a lot better.

Front2.jpg

Back.jpg

Glad you started you PJ and I just LOVE your dress. Can't wait to read - and see - more.

Linda

Holy smokes, that is a gorgeous dress! It's like the skinny-lady version of my dress, further sealing our wedding-twin status! (except for the part where only one of us is a skinny lady, and it ain't me!) Add to that the fact that I'm also 5'10" and am also frequently confused for a Scientologist... wow [insert mind-blowing smiley]...

We will prolly be on the boat from the BoardWalk to the Beach Club as your ceremony starts, which I think means we'll go right by you at Sea Breeze Point! I'll be sure to bring an air horn... :rotfl:

Wow your dress is gorgeous, and are you kidding me? You did not need to lose 15lbs! You look fantastic in it!! What's your secret :laughing:

I had to stop in the library at school to print some stuff out for class, and I thought I'd stop in and just let everyone know that thanks to Caryn I contacted birdcageveils.com today and the owner Melody called me while I was driving from work to school and I bought a veil!!!! I wasn't going to do a veil, but I LOVE IT!! I'll post up pics tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter