• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well that's alarming. (disney vacation account issues)

EmilyS90

Mouseketeer
Sorry, I have no idea where to put this. But I'm a little freaked out.

I just tried to sign into our vacation savings account, which I have money in, and have used already to make a payment on our vacation. And it's telling me that I currently don't have a disney vacation account. Just a disney online account??? I have emails from disney on previous transactions so hopefully I can prove that the account exists, but this is really weird.

I just emailed them, not sure when I'll hear back. I might just call tomorrow. But has this happened to anyone else? I'm extremely concerned that the money I put in there is somehow gone. :scared:

Sorry, I have no idea where to put this. But I'm a little freaked out.

I just tried to sign into our vacation savings account, which I have money in, and have used already to make a payment on our vacation. And it's telling me that I currently don't have a disney vacation account. Just a disney online account??? I have emails from disney on previous transactions so hopefully I can prove that the account exists, but this is really weird.

I just emailed them, not sure when I'll hear back. I might just call tomorrow. But has this happened to anyone else? I'm extremely concerned that the money I put in there is somehow gone. :scared:
DVA frequently has issues, whether technical glitches or otherwise. It is well documented on the Budget Board.

Our DVA is currently being held hostage as well. Apparently Disney did some system work behind the scenes and tried to merge accounts across platforms. It didn't go so well for some of us. We've been waiting several weeks for IT to fix it. They know the issue apparently but can't get it straightened out. They can see the account but we can't get in. I kind of need to get the money soon so I hope they figure it out.

Our DVA is currently being held hostage as well. Apparently Disney did some system work behind the scenes and tried to merge accounts across platforms. It didn't go so well for some of us. We've been waiting several weeks for IT to fix it. They know the issue apparently but can't get it straightened out. They can see the account but we can't get in. I kind of need to get the money soon so I hope they figure it out.
Weeks!? Yikes, I'm sorry. I just checked today again and it worked. So hopefully no more issues. Between this and the ordeal with it being down for ages a while back, I'm really considering just pulling the money out. :/

Weeks!? Yikes, I'm sorry. I just checked today again and it worked. So hopefully no more issues. Between this and the ordeal with it being down for ages a while back, I'm really considering just pulling the money out. :/

Yeah, we probably won't do as much going forward. It's all a bunch of discounted gift cards that we put in there before there was the ability to combine gift cards. Now I'll have to reconsider. But for the moment it's a waiting game.

I was seriously thinking of doing this for a cruise. Safer for now it seems to just keep my own savings account for Disney.

I was seriously thinking of doing this for a cruise. Safer for now it seems to just keep my own savings account for Disney.
I agree. I would like to open one but I just can't commit to it. There have been too many horror stories. While I understand it's probably a minute amount percentage wise that have issues it's not worth the risk to me.
I'm disappointed in Disney in this aspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter