Well here it is folks...

Wow!! That was fast! Sounds like they used it at least 318 points worth. Trying to recoup initial investment at $72 per point, I guess.

Maybe they didn't use any of the points. Sounds like they made a reservation and then changed their minds. The ad says they borrowed 118 from 2001, but then banked 100 from 2000 (other 100 was maybe Magical Beginnings??). Maybe they borrowed the 118 to make a reservation (also using the 100 left from 2000), then cancelled it, so the borrowed points have to be used by 7/31/01 (August use year). Then maybe they still had time to bank the 100 from 2000. It would probably be difficult to close in time to use those 118 borrowed points.

Do I figure right that this is just about as expensive as buying direct from Disney (when you include closing costs of say $450-600) and you have fewer points this year (since you can get the full "2000" allotment with a direct purchase)??

They are probably pretty disappointed that they have to give it up after such a short time as members.

Almost brings a tear to my eye. I hope they didn't get laid off, or fall ill, or something bad.

If they got laid off...

maybe they were a cast member!!!!!

In which case they may be making money off the points since their buy-in would have been less than $73/pt.

Hi! I usually just lurk here...

The 118 points that have to be used by 8/01 -- is that even possible to do? Can you make a reservation while the sale is pending? How long does it take to close?

Thanks.

Yup, I was coming here to post this... the first VWL resale... This is absolutely just as much money as buying it new however & you have the weird point banking/borrowing & I think those 118 points aren't possible to even use....

Well, maybe they really didn't like VWL... It's possible that nothing bad has happened, they just didn't like it.. although that would be highly unusual....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter