"We'll Get There When We Get There!" Mr Incr3dible's journal (comments definitely welcome)

As mentioned, my goal in the next couple of months is to set some new PRs and qualifying times.
I plan on a 5K on St Patrick's Day and would like to beat the 28:04 time I have from ten years ago.
Yesterday afternoon was nice and I headed to the greenway since it is flat-ish to see if I'm even close to bettering my 5K time. I finished in (drum roll, please) 27:28 per my Garmin!!! More than 30 seconds better!
For me, it was close to a 3 mile long sprint, and I am definitely lung-limited in being able to go significantly faster, but I am pleased with the result and looking forward to an official 5K time. What will I do with said official time? I dunno.

After that, I'm trying to find a fairly flat half for a new PR in that category, and hopefully fast enough for a Disney PoT.

The week started off rather warm, with temps in the 60's and 70's (!). I ran Monday and planned to run again on Wed, but a closer look at the weather showed that on Wed, the temp was going to peak just after lunch in the low 70's, so I snuck in an easy run of 4 miles. That said, I still shake my head that that is now a casual distance for me. Totally pleasant run, in spite of several deer and I scaring each other; I think we all needed a potty break afterward....
A little after lunch, a front came in and the temps dropped down to 50, and that was without a nasty wind chill and the rain!
That was my last run for this week as I am off to WDW for the wife's conference. Yes there are running paths, but I'm probably going to be putting in at least a half on Sat while she's in her meetings and that much again on Sunday while we are both in the park.

A bit of a double post from the running thread:
I did my first 5K in ages this past weekend. Why? I dunno. I wanted to see if I could beat my last known 5K PR, which was from ten years ago. And I did! Beat it by nearly half a minute and managed a sub 9-min/mile pace. 27:35:67 for an 8:53 pace.

As I told my son, for me it was a three-mile sprint. I can train harder, but I'm lung-limited and can't breathe harder, so this PR will probably stand for a long while.

OK, bit of kvetching on my part. Did the 5K two weekends ago, and then went back to my weekday runs and they were... lacking. The weather warmed up and was very nice, and my paces were not too far off the norm, but things just felt a bit off. Why? I dunno. Maybe just more of my lungs recovering from being taxed during the 5k and needing a bit more time than I thought.
But the decision has been made to do the Goofy in '25 and to try to do a qualifying half for that race, so back to training.
Thank you for listening.

Been trying to get back to regular runs as the weather has warmed, and have, but they haven't been anything special. Just what I'd call "maintenance" runs of 3.5 to 4.5 miles, hovering around the 10 min/mile pace.

I did have one slightly out of the ordinary run in that my car was at the shop and the wife had some calls, so I simply ran to go get it. I thought the distance was around 4 miles, and it turned out to be a little under that, so well within my usual afternoon distance. But a two-fer in terms of getting my car back and not missing a run.

Things are mostly back to normal after Spring Break, parts 1 and 2. Part 1 is with the wife and kids, part 2 is a few days doing my own thing with airplanes. But getting a bit lax on food intake meant backsliding on 3 or 4 hard fought pounds. I really want to get myself down below 200 lbs and to stay there.
Lungs will keep me from getting too much faster, but less weight is less me to lug around the park, and I'll take what I can get.

To that end, back to my regular neighborhood runs of 3.5-4 miles. Times aren't anything special of late, but then again it is getting warmer, plus the air is clogged with pollen....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter