Welcome to WcDonald’s

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Didn’t quite get what this was when I first saw it. Apparently “WcDonald’s” has been this weird alternate universe version of McDonald’s used by Japanese animation and comics. Sounds more like a way to skirt copyright infringement.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/wcdonalds-universe.html

Hero_LP_WcDs_2336x1040-v2:hero-desktop

But they have a special sauce.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/savory-chili-wcdonalds-sauce.html

Header_Menu_WcDSauce_832x472:product-header-mobile

I tried it today, and it’s an Asian style ginger garlic sauce. The ingredient list includes fermented soybeans and ginger, as well as sake.

I doubt the real McDonald's would be displaying it on their official website if they had issues with copyright infringement. Saw some TV show recently talking about how popular cartoon characters/comic books are in Japan.

Changing the name of McDonald's to one that's "legally distinct enough" is commonplace in anime. I know WcDonald's is actually used in various shows and MgRonald's is from Devil is a Part Timer.

McDowell's has the Golden Arc's. 😉

Attachments

• _98fa0d71-d066-43a3-8536-b260155e7e2b.jpeg
    _98fa0d71-d066-43a3-8536-b260155e7e2b.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2
I doubt the real McDonald's would be displaying it on their official website if they had issues with copyright infringement. Saw some TV show recently talking about how popular cartoon characters/comic books are in Japan.

I was thinking that it would be a way to come really close to the line without quite stepping over it. But in this case it’s McDonald’s being aware of the joke. Or as the kids say these days, “That’s so meta”.

was wondering what that was all about. I stopped to get coffee the other morning and noticed the employees had on t-shirts with the upside down arches.

I have a few of those sauce packets. Apparently all one can get is the normal allotment that comes with Chicken McNuggets but no more without paying 29 cents each for them. When I order at a kiosk or online, I can pretty much request a bunch of sauces as long as it's not this promotional one.

I also used Google Translate on a device to see what it says. It apparently is a phonetic translation that comes up as "Wak Donald".

IMG_7148-1024x768.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter