"Welcome Home" at the tapstiles...

Is this more complicated than just making sure that your DVC reservation is linked to MDE, use the same email for both accts, etc?
Not really complicated but seems it must be done on the MDE website, not app. Log in, click on Profile -> Memberships & Passes -> Add a Disney Vacation Club Membership. It will walk you through the process to connect the two. Each person will need to do through their own MDE.

I'm an Associate Member with my own MDE account and I get it. DVC doesn't send over Member Type to MDE, so all it sees is you are a DVC Member.

Using a Limited Edition MB (which typically have their own color scheme and sounds at the entrance touch points) will override the DVC Member color scheme and sounds.

I agree with this. I am also an associate member with my own MDE account. I got the purple light and welcome home message on our last trip. I did not recall doing anything special to link the DVC info to MDE.

Not really complicated but seems it must be done on the MDE website, not app. Log in, click on Profile -> Memberships & Passes -> Add a Disney Vacation Club Membership. It will walk you through the process to connect the two. Each person will need to do through their own MDE.
Thanks for the directions! Very helpful.

I’ve been the lucky one who gets the purple welcome home fanfare! The hubby not so much 🤣

Thanks to everyone who has put explanations on how to get the turnstiles to turn purple.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend half a day changing all the email addresses and making additional accounts but as long as it all works, then thats fair enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter