Welcome Bags

This is the bag we are using for our welcome bags! I really liked it because our colors are pink and green.
10132008-1.jpg

They aren't finished, but so far we are putting in them:
-Park maps
-Disney dollars
-Disposable Camera
-Sunscreen
-Hand sanitizer
-Gum

this thread is making me feel liek a jerk for not doing welcome bags.. well if i have the wedding the plan is to not have welcome bags a) because i know myself, and ic ould easily spend over 100 per bag.. i'm a bit nutty like that and b0 i just don't know how much people would appreciate them

now i'm kinda second guessing myself!!

i do LOVE the information packet you did though.. please pm with how you did this!!

this thread is making me feel liek a jerk for not doing welcome bags.. well if i have the wedding the plan is to not have welcome bags a) because i know myself, and ic ould easily spend over 100 per bag.. i'm a bit nutty like that and b0 i just don't know how much people would appreciate them

i do LOVE the information packet you did though.. please pm with how you did this!!

Could you also pm about how you did the informaiton packet?? I absolutley love it and I have no idea how to begin in. :confused3

I'd love to get in on the bag template too!

This is a great thread. I was wondering the same thing.

I'm getting married next year on the Wonder (3-day cruise, wedding on CC) and I want really good but economoic ;) bags. I would definitely make a beach bag myself to keep the costs down. I'd have to make about 45 though!

Here are the ideas I've come up with for the bag so far (and I like being practical so I only want to put things in the bag they'll use...I don't want to waste $$ either):
- Palm Tree or boat cookie cutter
- Luggage Tag
- Photo holder
- Maybe rubber ducks
- Sunscreen

I'm also making markerboards for everyone's doors on the cruise.

I know that's not a long list but like I said - that's why I need this thread! And I have a few months to plan.

well you're about 6 months before me, so make sure you post your bag after your wedding so i can copy! :lmao:

I'm planning on getting a bag like BayouPrincess did from Hobby Lobby, because i'm a teacher there so i get a discount. :thumbsup2 Plus i can do the iron-on, and i'm seriously comptinplating getting the disney embroidery machine too. My MIL has a regular embrodiery machine, so i may just have her put our name and date on it, and use an iron on transfer for our disney logo on the other side.

Sunblock is a definate
water bottle with logo
cruise hat
snacks
???

all my guest are cruising experts, but this will be the 1st disney cruise, so i plan on doing lots of disney stuff in the bag.

water bottle with logo

where did you get these?

Where are you gals getting the binded info books done? Kinkos?

I work for an office that lets me use their machine, but you can definitely do it at kinkos. I work in a publications department as a format editor so I know how to format sections and print double sided...generate a table of contents etc... :confused3 I can send you my booklet as a template if you want...:confused3

Could you also pm about how you did the informaiton packet?? I absolutley love it and I have no idea how to begin in. :confused3

Where are you gals getting the binded info books done? Kinkos?

Here ya go: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25671504#post25671504

Ok I really feel like my guests are getting the worst welcome bags after seeing what all of you have done. I would really love to spend a bit more money on them, but right now I am planning on 30 bags. I am just torn between spending the money and they don't care/keep what I give them. If I knew they were going to be glad I did it then great I will do it in a heartbeat, but I just have this sinking feeling that most of our guests will not really even care.

So far my bag is going to include

2 bottles of water(not personalized sadly)
individual advil packets
instant tums packets
Mickey pen (found them 5 for a dollar yay!)
travel tissues
shout wipes
4 parks + dtd maps
disney dollar

thinking about doing chapstick and sunscreen if I can find it cheap enough.

I just got a sample for the gable box and its actually nice, I am going to get a big sticker that says L & M sept 20th for the front. I hope everyone will like it.

Lana

I work for an office that lets me use their machine, but you can definitely do it at kinkos. I work in a publications department as a format editor so I know how to format sections and print double sided...generate a table of contents etc... :confused3 I can send you my booklet as a template if you want...:confused3

I wouldl ove the template... I'll PM you my email address. Thanks soooo much... or wait, do you still have my email from the other awesome things you sent me?

I am so glad for all these suggestions!!

Christina, I know what you mean about the costs! You have a TON of guests, too, so it adds up.

I LOVE the water bottles,so I know I will do them. I was also thinking of doing the same thing w sunscreen - buying plain little bottles, those huge cheap sunscreen refills and making my own labels.

My dollar store has a decent amount of Disney stuff- pen and pencil packs, teeny plushes, etc.

The park brochures will be free, so that's awesome, too.

I am also probably making 1 bag per couple, so that will save a little, too. And maybe something cheap for the kids? Not sure yet. Did you all do them 1 per couple/family/room/person?

I do have a question about the buttons. Did you just go to guest relations and ask for the buttons? Did you tell them what you were doing and did they ask why you needed so many? I don't want to go there and say I need 65 first time buttons, 2 anniversary buttons, 2 just (almost!) married buttons . . . and have them look at me like I am holding a robbery! lol

These are great! I hope we see some more... I am in desperate need of inspiration. ::yes::

I'm curious for those who flew to Orlando, how did you transport your welcome bags?

We are coming from the UK and are going to give our guests buckets with exciting stuff in. We are going to do it before we leave from the trip as we don't want to have to carry everything on the plane or if our guests decide they don't need certain things they don't need to bring them.

We'd love some ideas of what we could put in them, bearing in mind they are for giving out before the trip so we won't include snacks and water (although I love th personalised bottles). I have got my mum to bring back a lot of maps etc this year so they will be ready for the buckets next year but any other ideas are very welcome.

Kelly - thanks for the template info!
These are perfect, maybe I won't make them after all! Although it says they're 8.5 inches wide... do you have them yet? Are they big enough for a folder too?

I do not have the bags yet --- not sure on size.. I am not including that much --- trying to keep cost down, i would say get everything together that you are you going to put into the bag and measure that way!!

I also saw -- Oriental Trading Co. has a few too..

Too funny, they have a section titled "pimp daddy" novelty items....so gunna have to check it out!
:rotfl2:

That is awesome -- I have had that site book marked for a while now and never noticed.. Think I have go look now... :rotfl2:

Here are our bags:

This was our wedding logo - we had it embroidered on the bags & screenprinted on T-Shirts
fb1ca330.jpg

Our water bottle labels - we used several quotes from Walt Disney
23366ad3.jpg

Nutrition Label
9eff62c4.jpg

mystiichell, two questions for you....how did you make the labels for the water bottles and second, how did you make your logo. I have tried to make a logo for our things, but it doesnt seem to work as well in word programs. I Have publisher, but havent tried to use it yet...

Would love suggestions or for you to send me some info if you dont mind!

thanks so much I love your concept! :worship:

I agree, I love the ears logo - especially because purple is one of our colors -- do tell!!:goodvibes

Okey-Day

I think I have sent this to everyone that PMd me - if I missed you please PM me your email address

Misty

I am so glad for all these suggestions!!

I do have a question about the buttons. Did you just go to guest relations and ask for the buttons? Did you tell them what you were doing and did they ask why you needed so many? I don't want to go there and say I need 65 first time buttons, 2 anniversary buttons, 2 just (almost!) married buttons . . . and have them look at me like I am holding a robbery! lol

I would like to know this too. I need to get an Anniversary button as part of a suprise.

Ha I was wondering this too! I'm guessing any CM would be happy to do it but I'd love to know someone's experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter