Weirdness with Interval International cash getaway

meekey7197

DIS Veteran
So we’ve really been enjoying the fact that II has lots of options in Orlando whereas RCI never did. I’ve now booked 2 short stay cash getaways for a friend and one for myself. Each time I’ve booked a Tuesday or Wednesday check in with a Saturday check out and each time at check in myself or my friend have been told “oh we were expecting you on Saturday” 🤨 basically what we were told is it doesn’t matter what day you book for check in, they are always a week. This was twice at Sheraton Vistana and once at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Has anyone else experienced this? It wasn’t an issue at all with us checking in “late” but the desk said we could have checked in 3 days earlier at no extra fee…

I'm behind the times, I didn't know they switched back to II from RCI. I'll have to look and see what may be available next time we want to go to the Texas coast.

So we’ve really been enjoying the fact that II has lots of options in Orlando whereas RCI never did. I’ve now booked 2 short stay cash getaways for a friend and one for myself. Each time I’ve booked a Tuesday or Wednesday check in with a Saturday check out and each time at check in myself or my friend have been told “oh we were expecting you on Saturday” 🤨 basically what we were told is it doesn’t matter what day you book for check in, they are always a week. This was twice at Sheraton Vistana and once at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Has anyone else experienced this? It wasn’t an issue at all with us checking in “late” but the desk said we could have checked in 3 days earlier at no extra fee…
Wow thank’s for the heads up. Sheraton Vistana seems very popular. Have you double checked all the wording on confirmations?

If anyone makes a reservation maybe try calling to confirm dates. Those extra days might come in handy trying to find the best fights.

Are you specifically looking at "Short Stay Getaways" or just the regular Getaway booking tool?

The regular getaways are always one week. The search engine defaults to the prior Thursday if you are searching starting on any other day of the week, IIRC.

Are you specifically looking at "Short Stay Getaways" or just the regular Getaway booking tool?

The regular getaways are always one week. The search engine defaults to the prior Thursday if you are searching starting on any other day of the week, IIRC.

Short stay getaways :)

Okay, here's what is probably going on:

If a resort is capable of managing partial weeks (and most are), then Interval may be able to break up full weeks into two stays, one of three nights and one of four. At least looking at my own short-stay inventory, these are mostly near-term stays that are in overbuilt/offseason places.

If Interval only sells "one half", they never tell the resort that they broke up the week, but if they sell "both halves," they do.

In other words, I don't think you can count on having the full week.

How are those resorts? Would you recommend them?
I've stayed at Westgate Lakes last month and it was "just good enough", but the location near Universal was ideal for me. I'm eyeing the Sheraton resorts for a future stay.

How are those resorts? Would you recommend them?
I've stayed at Westgate Lakes last month and it was "just good enough", but the location near Universal was ideal for me. I'm eyeing the Sheraton resorts for a future stay.

We really liked them both. The screened balcony was a game changer, we spent so much time out there. The pools and activities at both were great as well. If you book a 1 bedroom, make sure to choose one that is listed with a Full Kitchen. The 1 bedrooms with a limited kitchen are pretty small and some of them won’t have outdoor space.

Are you able to add the Sheraton stay into the Bonvoy app like you can with Marriott getaway bookings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter