• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird WoC time on 4/15 - Any Reason?

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at park hours and show times as my dates roll onto the calendar and noticed this anomaly. The weeks leading up to this, WoC is at 10 every night. The week of the 14-20th it is at 9 some times and 10 some nights. But on the 15th it is 8:15. Is there a special event or some reason it would be at this time?

I'm hoping it is correct because one thing I can't get enough of is the nighttime entertainment and I'm hoping it would allow me to see both WoC and MMM the same night, which is otherwise impossible. Since MMM doesn't need a ton of advance arrival to find a spot it seems like it should be easy to get from WoC which would end at 8:45 to Main Street well before 9:30.

It says 9 for closing.

Not sure, OP. Maybe they’re hosting an event later that night and can’t do it at closing as a result?

Yep, 9pm closing like several of the other nights. It's also strange to me that CA closes at 9 many nights that week and DL closes at 11, when the rest of spring break is 10 for CA and 12 for DL almost every day. Yet this is the week blacked out from all the deals, so I would have thought they'd have just as many hours. Maybe they really are expecting lower crowds which would be great. It will force me to go to bed earlier anyway which I'm sure i'll need.

Yep, 9pm closing like several of the other nights. It's also strange to me that CA closes at 9 many nights that week and DL closes at 11, when the rest of spring break is 10 for CA and 12 for DL almost every day. Yet this is the week blacked out from all the deals, so I would have thought they'd have just as many hours. Maybe they really are expecting lower crowds which would be great. It will force me to go to bed earlier anyway which I'm sure i'll need.
Yeah, I would definitely bet on lower crowds that week than the other weeks precisely because of all of those blackouts. Not just APs, but the very popular ticket deals... hence the lower hours.

But as for the WOC time, who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter