Weird Aulani DVC Availability

Lilsia, the issue is that people book and cancel all the time. No hotel has 100% occupancy for 3 months in a row without a day popping up here or there when someone cancels, which inevitably happens. These days have all been showing fully booked every time I check in all views and all but the GV which I don't check. DVC isn't allowing anyone to book or change room size or location for some reason.

Lilsia, the issue is that people book and cancel all the time. No hotel has 100% occupancy for 3 months in a row without a day popping up here or there when someone cancels, which inevitably happens. These days have all been showing fully booked every time I check in all views and all but the GV which I don't check. DVC isn't allowing anyone to book or change room size or location for some reason.

Are you strictly talking about DVC rooms, or all rooms? As far as DVC, there will be a lot of people on the waitlist, so if someone does cancel, it will go to them. And the DVC rooms DO book up during the summer. This year, especially with limited availability, is no exception. With the limited capacity, I am not surprised that there are no rooms available. Did you call them and ask or are you just going off of the website? I agree that no hotel has 100% occupancy, normally. But again, they are not able to book at 100%.

I’m seeing a similar issue with VGC. Literally no GV availability- not one single night- until December 17. And that never happens normally; there are always available nights dotted around here and there. We have an existing reservation coming up in August, but it looks like since we booked it DVC has locked down those rooms, making them unavailable even if they are unoccupied.

I’m not surprised there is no availability now, but it went from spotty availability with a couple of days here or there to totally booked for 3 months overnight for all room types. Maybe a ton of people got their vaccine and decided to book at the same time, but does seem odd.

I was checking a couple of times a day because we were looking to add on a day, but it just flipped a switch to nothing.

I’m not surprised there is no availability now, but it went from spotty availability with a couple of days here or there to totally booked for 3 months overnight for all room types. Maybe a ton of people got their vaccine and decided to book at the same time, but does seem odd.

I was checking a couple of times a day because we were looking to add on a day, but it just flipped a switch to nothing.

This.

For my stay in April, hotel side availability went from nearly nothing to almost all rooms (cash and DVC) being available overnight, even at the greatly reduced kamaaina night. This happened about 2-3 weeks before my check-in date.

It's not unusual for Aulani to be sold out during the summer, but it is unusual for 12+ room types to suddenly become available/unavailable overnight.

I also noticed that the availability from May 15 forward pretty much all disappeared overnight several weeks back (DVC side). I understand there is a lot of demand now, with many members with points to burn... But it was the fact that everything disappeared all at once that is very odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter