Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You! (updated on 7/14)

It's been quite some time since I've visited DISboards, but I just felt this need to check this trip report to see if where I left it. I absolutely adore going back to relive the memories of past trips. Much has changed since the last time I wrote here, so I'll sum it up in 5 points:

(1) I have returned to teaching full-time! I really do love teaching and my school in particular. It's a passion at this point even though the paperwork and frustration from parents don't really get any better the more years you have under your belt. This school year changed even more as they have me teaching science as well. What?! Haha, if you know anything about my teaching career, I have always been a math and ELA teacher. I've had preps in the Pre-K room, I've had to do literacy with the younger kids, I've taught a computer class, and I've been responsible for Bible classes as well. This was definitely a new change that I never expected, but I am LOVING it. It is incredibly fun for me to find great ways to present the material (this year is life science aka biology and physical science aka chemistry/physics) to the kids, and the majority of them are loving science now too, which thrills me beyond belief. Some have always been a little bored with the subject or intimidated by it, but many of them have expressed their interest in it now. As a teacher, there is no greater compliment or reward. I mean, I wouldn't mind getting paid more since I do still teach math and ELA, but let's not get into that, haha.

(2) My parents got rid of their timeshare! WHAT?! My older brother and I grew up going every single year. That's why I love the parks so much. Unfortunately, the timeshare was becoming a burden for my parents because we could never actually go during our assigned week since both my mom and I work in a private school and my younger brother is on a different school schedule because he attends public. The maintenance fee was one thing, but someone always had to pay the exchange fee too because we could never make that 13th week. I always imagined taking my kids to the timeshare at Orange Lake, but alas, that's not going to happen now. It's okay though because Howard and I have definitely become huge fans of staying on property.

(3) Even though this particular trip was supposedly our last trip together, we did have that trip planned for last April. But then as I mentioned in another update, Howard had to go to Hong Kong with his family last minute because his grandmother wasn't doing well. I ended up going to Florida with my family anyway because I didn't want to be in the apartment by myself with my parents so far away. I guess that trip that didn't happen was sad for us, so out of nowhere, Howard and I decided to be spontaneous and book a trip for last August! It was the first trip where we BOTH had DSLR cameras, so we had shooting in mind, which was definitely something different. It was also the first time we stayed at a different resort other than AKL for our honeymoon and then Pop every other time. We were NOT fans of our experience at All Star Music. I don't know what will happen in terms of a trip report since this one fell by the wayside, but I do post on Instagram once in a while (@mrs.hfotography).

(4) This is definitely a more private update, but I feel that doing so on DIS doesn't seem as open and public as it is if I were to announce this on Facebook, haha. Let's just say we are hoping and praying that we will have a little one to bring along with us on our next Disney trip! I've been told that my worries that I can't get pregnant are thoughts that many others have too. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking those thoughts, right?

(5) If we are hoping to expand our family, it would only make sense that we move too! We have been living in a small studio apartment for almost 4 years. It's definitely been much longer than we had initially thought, but by staying here, we were able to save more each month. Plus, Howard finally finished paying off his college loans last month! Hooray!

With #4 and #5, it only makes sense that for once, we really do take a break on the Disney vacations. Even the fact that my parents don't have the timeshare means that we won't be doing less expensive family vacations where we just ride with them in the car and don't have to pay for a hotel. I guess that's why I suddenly felt the urge to update this really old TR!

Anyway still here after that long real-life update? If so, congrats to you and thanks for sticking around!

Ground Beef: A Cow With No Legs

One of the things that Howard and I were really enjoying during this trip was taking the time to appreciate the little things. Maybe someone was appreciating the look of the castle and the crane from this angle and took of his hat in reverence because we suddenly found another personal item just propped up on the railing! We just got a kick out of it since we found that hoodie on the railing near the front of the castle at the beginning of the day. I wonder how much stuff can be found in the Lost and Found! I also wonder how long they keep these items before they eventually throw it away.

During our slow walk, we did stop to enjoy the end of the performance by the Main Street Philharmonic, which then leads into our friendly debate about how marching bands are better (my opinion) or choirs are better (Howard's opinion), haha. This particular band tops them all though because not only are they musically talented, they're just so hilarious too!

As a kid, my parents always walked by all these street performances, and I think that's why I love Disney even more nowadays. With Howard, we just try to embrace everything including these weird rams or something on the chandeliers in the Emporium!

Can someone please explain to me how you're supposed to choose THE Mickey that goes home with you?

If you've been following along with my TRs, you know that when we see this Chef Mickey's pasta, we have to have Howard take a picture with it. PASTA FACE! One day I should buy a bag of that, haha.

Let's all collectively sigh at the loss of Vinylmation trading. It's so disappointing. Trading is the only way we were actually able to get this Dinosaur! Since it's one of our favorite rides, it only makes sense that we would want this one.

With all the time in the world, we stopped to enjoy the Dapper Dans. Boy, they are a HILARIOUS group of talented men!

In between the singing, they tell these jokes that make a lot of people groan/laugh, but in the video that I took down below, you can hear that Howard and I crack up at a lot of them! I mean, are they corny? Of course they are. We're in Disney! But the way that they tell them makes it so laughable. For example, what do you call a cow that's just given birth? Decaffeinated. HAHAHA. Maybe we are just easily entertained.

I love the addition of the organ chimes too and the sounds of their shoes on the ground.

I just had to include this one because it looks as if they are all confused, but obviously they weren't, haha. The guy in the purple was about to blow into the pitch pipe, I think.

Even their singing of Cruella de Vil is just spectacular. I mean, 101 Dalmatians was not one of my favorite movies partially because I did not like Cruella. But they sang the song in such dulcet tones that she doesn't seem threatening at all!

I have to say that one of the things I enjoyed the most was seeing the kids just sitting on the curb or on the street enjoying the performance. Howard and I have had many discussions about how we want our kids to just stop and appreciate things like this. When we go to our local zoo, we see parents hurrying kids along even when the kids themselves want to stop and watch the animals. We hope to train our kids to observe instead of just from one thing to the next.

VIDEO: Wipe It Off

The video above is a bit long at 9 minutes, but the one below is shorter. I really enjoyed the "it's a small world" animatronics portion!

VIDEO: If You're Happy and You Know It, Give Us a Dollar

Once the Dapper Dans ended their delightful crooning, I believe we hopped in to get some cards for the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. We have actually never played it before, but we wanted the cards as souvenirs, haha. We were shown to the exit door and saw this sign for a horse auction. Howard has a thing for horses from his childhood, and the kid that my mom used to be a para for LOVED horses so any time we see horse things, we go, "Danny would love this" because my mom's kid kind of became one of the family because we knew everything he liked and disliked!

You are here! How exciting!

1. So glad you are back to teaching full time and loving it!
2. No Timeshare?!?! Are your parents crazy?!?! Just kidding, of course. But that is still a bit of a bummer. I am sure there will be some new traditions that you will start though!
3. I am glad you had a last trip together, even if you didn't have a great experience at All Star Music. I hope it was still a good trip overall. Whatever happened?
4. I had the same thoughts for a very long time. And now we are blessed with two! I will keep it in my prayers that it'll happen for you.
5. Moving! FUN! And you know, exhausting, slightly terrifying, and all those other things too!

And now for the actual Disney update: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dapper Dans! I can't help but stop to watch them. I sometimes feel myself trying to rush to the next thing and have to remind myself to slow down. We always have a better time when we slow to enjoy the moment.

Hi Rachel!! I'm so glad you've decided to complete this TR! We leave for Orlando tomorrow! We're on a Disney cruise for a week and then at WDW for a week to celebrate my 40th birthday (yes I'm sooo old!). That's great you're back to teaching again! Although it sounds like you are working more now that you did before! Best of luck on starting a family! We've been trying to start a family for years...hence the 40 years old and no kids. I've been to many different doctors and done many different procedures. But I am ok now if we don't have any. I'll just take what God gives us! I have 3 beautiful nieces and 1 nephew and I love them like they were my own. So I guess I'm like a second mom to them even if I don't have kids of my own! But I really hope this dream comes true for the both of you. Lots of pixie dust your way! I hope you find the house/apt that you're looking for...it may take a while, it took us about 8-9 months to find a home but we just love it and we're happy we waited and found the house that was right for us.

Love the pics! Dapper Dans! I'll try and catch them on this trip, I always seem to miss them!

You are here! How exciting!

1. So glad you are back to teaching full time and loving it!
2. No Timeshare?!?! Are your parents crazy?!?! Just kidding, of course. But that is still a bit of a bummer. I am sure there will be some new traditions that you will start though!
3. I am glad you had a last trip together, even if you didn't have a great experience at All Star Music. I hope it was still a good trip overall. Whatever happened?
4. I had the same thoughts for a very long time. And now we are blessed with two! I will keep it in my prayers that it'll happen for you.
5. Moving! FUN! And you know, exhausting, slightly terrifying, and all those other things too!

And now for the actual Disney update: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dapper Dans! I can't help but stop to watch them. I sometimes feel myself trying to rush to the next thing and have to remind myself to slow down. We always have a better time when we slow to enjoy the moment.

Oh yay! I was wondering if anyone would still be around to read; I'm so happy you're still here! Yeah, it's definitely been a few months full of changes and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. It really is insane that my parents no longer have a timeshare. They used to talk about bringing the grandkids there; I guess we'll just have to stay on property! It might actually work out better that way. My dad is typically the one who drives us to and from the parks when we stay there. If we're on property, we can all take the buses separately. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind taking care of the baby while Howard and I go early for park opening, haha. Then they can show up a little later instead of waking up super early.

My mom and mentor teacher both reassured me that those thoughts of not being able to have a baby are common. I do have health problems unrelated to fertility, and I'm no longer taking medication for it that might affect the possibility, so that's good. My mentor teacher actually said to me, "I wish you could just go to Disney World and de-stress" because she said that the stress lessens the chances. Haha, I agree; I wish we could do a WDW trip!

Touring the parks is just SO different with Howard. I just love thinking about the people involved with all those shows and how that's their JOB! Like, the Dapper Dans get to sing in the parks, and it definitely looks so easy for them. I'm sure they don't have to think about trying to hit the right notes; it all just comes naturally when you're a good singer (which I am not, haha, because I have to think when I sing).

Hi Rachel!! I'm so glad you've decided to complete this TR! We leave for Orlando tomorrow! We're on a Disney cruise for a week and then at WDW for a week to celebrate my 40th birthday (yes I'm sooo old!). That's great you're back to teaching again! Although it sounds like you are working more now that you did before! Best of luck on starting a family! We've been trying to start a family for years...hence the 40 years old and no kids. I've been to many different doctors and done many different procedures. But I am ok now if we don't have any. I'll just take what God gives us! I have 3 beautiful nieces and 1 nephew and I love them like they were my own. So I guess I'm like a second mom to them even if I don't have kids of my own! But I really hope this dream comes true for the both of you. Lots of pixie dust your way! I hope you find the house/apt that you're looking for...it may take a while, it took us about 8-9 months to find a home but we just love it and we're happy we waited and found the house that was right for us.

Love the pics! Dapper Dans! I'll try and catch them on this trip, I always seem to miss them!

Oh yay! I hope you have a fabulous trip! And happy birthday! I wish we could do a Disney cruise. Initially, we were thinking of Alaska with my family because my sister-in-law wants to go. Once Howard and I started looking at DCL, we decided that we would rather wait and save to do Alaska with Disney even if it costs a little more. We were completely convinced that we would want to cruise with them instead of any other cruise line.

Yeah, I'm glad we have our niece and nephew (and another niece on the way next month). When other people think about all their career goals, I have always wanted to be a mom. I've even thought about how much I want to homeschool. My mom was a stay-at-home mom, so I think that's why I hold being a mother to such a high standard and something so special. Howard and I have talked briefly about how we might adopt if we couldn't have kids.

Oh, we are definitely learning that it's better to be patient! We'll see nice places that are at the top of our price range, and even though we could afford those places with our preapproval, we really want to go way below budget if possible. We don't need a lot of space; we just need more space than we have now WITH TWO BATHROOMS! Haha, with our health issues, it's kind of difficult when we only have one. Then we find places that are great prices, but when we see them, we notice all the work that would be required and it just doesn't fit us. We actually did apt searching first because we thought we were going to rent, but then we figured it didn't make sense to rent and have our money go nowhere when we could technically afford a mortgage. Oh man, it's definitely a stressful situation!

Dancing in the Rain

Considering our morning of stopping to enjoy the entertainment, we decided to watch the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party. We really don't typically stop for parades, so I did actually have to look up this name. It's for the same reason I mentioned in the previous post; my parents never really stopped for parades. The whole point of going to Disney was for the rides. I guess my older brother and I were never interested in characters either, so I guess it wouldn't make sense to wait and watch. It's strange, but I get excited to see characters in parades now even though we don't meet and greets.

We sat down on the curb right by the start of the parade. I like that it's rather quiet there. We took a moment to rest, and I also had Howard take a picture of my lanyard at the time since I just switched out my keepers with traders. Considering this was my first trip wearing a lanyard, I totally understood the benefits of having everything at my fingertips.

Soon a bunch of CMs began coming out of the door next to the main gates. There were a ton of them! I think it must be pretty interesting to just be like, "Okay, time to head on out to do our job!" I'm sure in the heat of the summer, the costumes can be quite unbearable, but the weather was pleasant on that day. Well, it was for the time being ...

This was our view from the curb. I wonder if Wayne was up there at the time ... tell me someone else knows what I'm talking about!

While we were hanging out, there was a guy right next to use who was talking to all the CMs who were exiting from the door. Then he struck up a conversation with the two of us about parades in general. Now that I think about it, he was telling us about a new parade that was going to be on its way, and he was probably referring to Festival of Fantasy! Haha, sorry, this is a very old trip report that I'm updating. Anyway, it came out that he was the choreographer of Move It! Shake It! I thought that was really cool because I have to say he looked fairly young. I don't really think about how many younger people could be working for Disney outside of the College Program. Since one of my DIS/IG/FB friends was going to a bunch of auditions, I asked to take a picture with him just because I feel as if I had been hearing a lot about the performance aspect of the parades and other entertainment. Later on, Howard actually found him on Instagram because he had liked one of Howard's pictures. Small world when it comes to social media!

Soon we knew the parade was going to start because it was approaching the time and because we could see feet waiting at the doors. I like that even as they stood there, the people just stood in place instead of just fidgeting or moving around.

And then the doors were opened! I know I've read that there's a line backstage that indicates that they can be seen by guests and must already be in character or performing. I really wish that I could see everything backstage, but I know that won't happen unless we have to walk there to exit on crowded days or something. It's just unbelievably fascinating to know how everything works.

Soon we began seeing the characters on the floats. I didn't attempt taking photos since I was still using a point-and-shoot. I did record it, but it was on the video camera and I'm guessing I never uploaded it ... oh well!

Howard and I think it's funny when we see King Louie. Back when Animal Kingdom still had the Jammin' Jungle parade, he came over to use and took his long, hairy arms and pushed our faces together to kiss because he saw our pins during our honeymoon!

When more of the performers came out, the few drops that were coming down from the sky turned into a heavier drizzle. At that point, the parade had already started, so we were curious what was going to happen if it just rained! This made me think about all the people who work for Disney who are resposible for tracking the weather!

Look at Frozone's fancy-shmancy neck decor!

Goofy seemed pretty tame that day. I wonder how much rain affects the character performers since they're already having to deal with a costume and limited sight. I don't know the parade well, but I know that there are typically people on stilts or something, correct? Of course, that was eliminatd because of the rain. By the way, I love the curled ribbon on top of the presents!

How adorable is this girl? Haha, it was her reaction to the rain! It had really started to come down a little more at that point. I threw my scarf on top of the camera to protect it.

Once we got to the end of the parade, the choreographer hopped behind and started doing the choreography as it moved down Main Street. We began to follow because I was very interested in what happened at the hub, but then CMs began telling us to get back on the sidewalk.

The reason for that is because the rain was getting too heavy at that point to continue for the safety of all those involved, so they actually went around the hub and then came back down Main Street. You can see the street is covered in water. It definitely wasn't a horrible rain, but it would be bad if anyone slipped while dancing.

This might sound kind of creepy, but I know that this guy's name is Matt! Haha, seriously, it is the Instagram world. Like I said earlier, I have a DIS/IG/FB friend who knows many of the performers. She takes pictures of this guy (he's been part of the Swan Court in Festival of Fantasy too) and tags him. I think the thing that fascinates me is how many roles these performers play.

Goodbye, Mickey and Minnie! We only got to see you for a few brief minutes!

Goodbye Dale!

Don't worry. We know that you are there too. Goodbye, Chip!

Howard and I thought this was one of the best parts about the parade. This little boy posed like this to take a picture with the floats behind him. How adorable! And also, how Asian, haha.

Goodbye, Baloo! Keep on fist pumping!

Goodbye, Mr Incredible! You have a very interestingly disproportionate body!

And your head looks as if it's completely separated from your neck ...

Goodbye, Donald! You're the cutest duck there ever was!

Goodbye, Woody! I like the addition of that sash in the parade print.

And lastly, goodbye fun choreographer! You have way more energy than I could ever have. Keep on dancing!

Glitter and Sparkles on Main Street

After the parade, Howard and I ducked into the stores on Main Street to get out of the rain and also just to look around. As a kid, we NEVER went into these stores. It's so insane thinking about all the places that were left undiscovered just because it was more important to enjoy the rides. Being with Howard means popping into these shops and just browsing even though we wouldn't actually purchase anything because of the prices.

Of course, Howard jumped at the opportunity to get shots of everything Star Wars-related.

As we walked between stores, I FINALLY had the opportunity to stand outside the window where you can hear the singing lessons and dancing lessons! I have read about it so many times, and I was so eager to hear it myself. It was always too crowded or too tiring to stop and listen. The alleyway was pretty empty, and there were actually some tables available. That area would be a nice spot for a rest and a snack.

We continued on with our stroll through the stores. It would probably be nice to have a few pretty things on a desk if I worked at an office, but I would never keep anything this expensive at work. The kids have a tendency to crowd the desk and knock things over! They've knocked over MANY things on my colleagues' desks and broken them. That's why I don't keep trinkets or even picture frames at work. It might seem as my space is impersonal, but I actually prefer only the necessary things to be out on my desk (paper sorter, desk organizer, stapler, tape, DONE).

The aliens always remind me of Keith Lapinig and his love for them!

The wonderful thing about Tiggers ...

Duffy may have great costumes, but I don't think he himself is that cute. That could be because I'm biased and much prefer my Build-a-Bear bear!

Hi Rachel, it is funny how some of us, have not been around for awhile, and I am even the moderator. I should say, I hung out on the Budget Board.
I will keep you in my prayers, believe me, I pray all the time for my children. My dd went through a few health things, and I am going to be a grandma in September.

We were at Disney in February; and we were not going to do any parks. We were staying at The Wilderness Lodge and we changed our minds and just went over to the MK. Thank goodness we have non-expiring tickets. We enjoyed Main Street, the Castle Show and a few parades.

It was cool, the way you have the choreographer following the parade. I would of thought that he was just an uber excited person, following the parade.

Hi Rachel!

I haven't been on the DIS in forever and I get an email notifying me that you've updated! Welcome back, to both of us! :)

Hi Rachel, it is funny how some of us, have not been around for awhile, and I am even the moderator. I should say, I hung out on the Budget Board.
I will keep you in my prayers, believe me, I pray all the time for my children. My dd went through a few health things, and I am going to be a grandma in September.

We were at Disney in February; and we were not going to do any parks. We were staying at The Wilderness Lodge and we changed our minds and just went over to the MK. Thank goodness we have non-expiring tickets. We enjoyed Main Street, the Castle Show and a few parades.

It was cool, the way you have the choreographer following the parade. I would of thought that he was just an uber excited person, following the parade.

It's so odd because I know we all cultivated relationships with people on DIS that probably spread to other social media outlets. When I finally came back here, there were still some people from yesteryear, but there are so many new faces! But even so, we still all love Disney, so that's why I love the boards!

Thank you so much! I always think about the worst case scenario, but I know God knows just how much I want a baby. If that means we will eventually adopt, I know we will have kids of our own!

I miss those non-expiring tickets!!! I have maybe 2 days left on my 10-day and Howard has maybe one or two more. I wish they didn't get rid of those. Those were the BEST way for me to tour the parks. I never felt pressure having to go a certain amount of days. When there were trips when I was worried about feeling sick, I knew we could always skip a park if we needed to. I think getting rid of the no-expiration option is the WORST thing that Disney did recently! I read a while ago that Disney makes money off of those because people forget about them and lose them. Maybe with the addition of Magic Bands, there was no way for people to lose them anymore? My parents still have their no-expiration tickets, so at least they will be able to go to the parks with the grandkids on certain days!

I would've thought the choreographer was just a CM or something because he knew a lot of people, but I thought it was really cool how he explained that he was the choreographer! I love any type of behind-the-scenes info!

Such pretty items, but I can never bring myself to buy them either! I do love to browse though!

The stuff is so incredibly pretty! They really know how to make everything sparkle so well with the lights in the cases.

Hi Rachel!

I haven't been on the DIS in forever and I get an email notifying me that you've updated! Welcome back, to both of us! :)

Yayyy!!! I just needed a nice distraction when feeling sick, so updating my ol' TR seemed to be a great thing for me. We are often in Disney during this Easter week, so this is a way for me to get some Disney in my system!

Memories of Our Dear Friend Bill

With so many great places to eat, you'd think we'd try something new. But Howard and I just like what we like and don't want to change it up and be disappointed or miss the chance at eating something we really enjoy. So it wasn't anything new for us to do Columbia Harbour House for lunch and then Pecos Bill for dinner! I mean, cheese sauce, people. Cheese sauce!

After we ordered and moved forward to the counter, a CM prepping the drinks saw Howard's birthday button and got us not just one but TWO chocolate cake desserts! We were unbelievably excited about that because it was the first and only bit of pixie dust he got for his birthday during the whole time we were there and we also LOVE that chocolate cake! On other trips, we've purchased it at the resort food court and split that super chocolatey goodness.

Now we never think that we deserve any special treatment because of our honeymoon, birthday, or anniversary, but it's definitely cause for celebration when we do get something extra. It's such a rare occasion for us that we are immensely excited about it! Howard gets incredibly excited about light fixtures too, but I think chocolate cake is more thrilling, haha.

This is the food that we got to eat. We decided to just split one meal and ordered the Deluxe 1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger. Disney tends to give a ton of fries, so we knew that we'd be unable to finish everything if we each ordered our own meal. We also much prefer eating less at one sitting and then eating again soon after instead of feeling too overstuffed. It makes it difficult to ride anything when we're too full!

Even though the burgers aren't always the best, they are still something we really enjoyed specifically at Pecos Bill because of the plastic cheese! It's such a shame that it's no longer there. I am eager to try the new menu because I do also like places like Chipotle and Qdoba. I will gladly add a ton of the newer toppings to my meal (roasted vegetable rice bowl?!). Even so, that cheese sauce though! It is greatly missed.

I think I still see salsa verde on the new toppings bar, which I appreciate because I really like that too! I only tried it a few years ago when I made enchiladas or something, and it had prepared salsa verde. It was delicious! Ever since then, I've been intrigued by it and get it whenever I can.

Isn't this a glorious sight? I can't believe people gave Disney issues because they burned themselves. Yes, it is hot. That's why they put a sign on it that said, "CAUTION: HOT." All you had to do is double up on the containers and all was well with the world! Dip your burgers in it, your fries, the lone onion ring (don't know why we didn't get onion rings as a side too, yum!), and ALL. THE. THINGS!

The remainders don't look extremely appetizing though, haha.

But it's okay because now you can look at a picture of a light as we head on out!

VIDEO: WDW January '14: The Ol' Pecos Bill Toppings Bar

If you watched the video, you saw that we were heading back to the Frontierland Trading Post. Yup, clearly this is an old TR because that's when they still had Vinylmation trading! I can't believe they stopped doing that too! Ahhhhh, this was the best trip because we traded SO often. Since it wasn't crazy crowded like our typical Easter trips, we took many walks over to see if there was a new CM at the register. We were able to trade each time as long as there was a new person there, but when we went back this time, it was the same girl we had seen before dinner. However, she was so incredibly sweet and said she was a different CM because she now had that hat on so she said she didn't know who we were and let us trade again! Haha, that was so nice of her!

Ahhh, so sad. Let's mourn the loss of cheese sauce and Vinylmation trading!

You Can Fly!

Even though we didn't eat a ton, we decided to take it easy and ride Peter Pan. I'm pretty sure we had FP for it because I can't imagine that the standby line was short enough to just hop on. I've mentioned it many times before, but I absolutely adore this ride for a few reasons:

(1) It is my mom's favorite ride. She's not that crazy about Disney, but she loved seeing how much fun her kids had while at the parks. However, Peter Pan is the one ride she MUST go on.

(2) It's a HUGE reminder of our Virtual Magic Kingdom days!

(3) The ride vehicle is AWESOME, and it's a different kind of "track" than the other dark rides.

I know this is definitely one of those rides that requires skill and practice when it comes to shooting because of the constant movement and the insane darkness! Howard has gotten better and better each time we go; I think some of his more recent shots are even better than these below, but I still think they're rather awesome!

In the video when we were exiting the ride, you can hear how Howard and I both NEVER noticed Tinkerbell in this scene until this ride!

VIDEO: Peter Pan Ride Vehicle and Track

I got an survey from WDW, after we got home in February, and they asked if I wanted to add or discuss anything. (Break off my arm ok?) I told them, they need to look at the process the use for the FP line and stand-byline at Peter Pan. There is no reason, that they let 50-75 people on Peter Pan with Fast Passes, they turn around and let 4 people on from the standby line. I couldn't believe when I waited 90 minutes in the standby line. I would see people come from a distance and walk to the Fast Pass line and walk right on. I don't think a 5 minute wait is too long for people to get on a ride, when you have a Fast pass. Peter Pan moves pretty quickly, and they could allow up to 20 people on. I told them, the CM was so rude, he would make a point of taking a clip board, studying it, turning around and allowing a family on. He would ask how many, and then only allow that group on. It was insane. I was by myself, with a family of 4 in front of me. When he stopped me and asked how many, I said one. I was so angry by then, I told him, if he didn't let me on, I was going to scream how he works his system. He took the rope, brought it to my backside and said, "then move ahead, and make it quick." Like the stand-by line people are slow moving. Sorry-rant over. And, I never heard back on my survey. They probably don't care.

Hey! It is nice to see your reports again!
Congratulations on the new job!
I am now working as a preschool teacher. In Forida we offer VPK ( Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education). It is "free" and gets the kids read for kindergarten. That is what I teach. I love it!

We tried to have a baby for four years. It did get frustrating and I thought it would never happen. Finally we decided to go to an information meeting on adoption. They day I started filling out our initial paperwork was the day I discovered I was pregnant. :)

I miss the Jamming in the jungle parade. Every single time we watched it, King Louie would always stop and kiss the top of my daughter's head. I don't know why, but it was very sweet!

I got an survey from WDW, after we got home in February, and they asked if I wanted to add or discuss anything. (Break off my arm ok?) I told them, they need to look at the process the use for the FP line and stand-byline at Peter Pan. There is no reason, that they let 50-75 people on Peter Pan with Fast Passes, they turn around and let 4 people on from the standby line. I couldn't believe when I waited 90 minutes in the standby line. I would see people come from a distance and walk to the Fast Pass line and walk right on. I don't think a 5 minute wait is too long for people to get on a ride, when you have a Fast pass. Peter Pan moves pretty quickly, and they could allow up to 20 people on. I told them, the CM was so rude, he would make a point of taking a clip board, studying it, turning around and allowing a family on. He would ask how many, and then only allow that group on. It was insane. I was by myself, with a family of 4 in front of me. When he stopped me and asked how many, I said one. I was so angry by then, I told him, if he didn't let me on, I was going to scream how he works his system. He took the rope, brought it to my backside and said, "then move ahead, and make it quick." Like the stand-by line people are slow moving. Sorry-rant over. And, I never heard back on my survey. They probably don't care.

Yes, that is so true! We can only do standby early in the morning, and even then it takes a long time. The one plus is the great queue and the opportunity to take plenty of photos and finally be indoors in the AC. But they really do need to figure out a better way to shorten the wait time for the standby lines. I know that there's supposedly some sort of system or some counting thing that they use, but it never seems fair for the standby line when it comes to that ride. Even when we have FP, I don't mind waiting a little bit longer since we do tend to walk all the way up to the merging point before having to wait. A 10 min wait for Peter Pan is NOTHING compared to the hour and more wait. The wait stinks too because the ride is so short, but even then, we just can't miss it!

I really look forward to one day seeing the Disneyland version!

Hey! It is nice to see your reports again!
Congratulations on the new job!
I am now working as a preschool teacher. In Forida we offer VPK ( Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education). It is "free" and gets the kids read for kindergarten. That is what I teach. I love it!

We tried to have a baby for four years. It did get frustrating and I thought it would never happen. Finally we decided to go to an information meeting on adoption. They day I started filling out our initial paperwork was the day I discovered I was pregnant. :)

I miss the Jamming in the jungle parade. Every single time we watched it, King Louie would always stop and kiss the top of my daughter's head. I don't know why, but it was very sweet!

Thank you! I have the week off for Easter and definitely need some Disney! We're so used to going during this week that it's odd not to have a trip planned for the year. Saving money for our house is definitely more important these days! I'm glad we can look back on our past trips and relive the memories.

God bless you for being able to work with the little ones! Haha, that's something I was NOT designed to do! I don't quite know how to deal with them. I remember one time I was covering a prep period for the 1st grade teacher, and this little kid was having a rough year and started crying and saying he never wanted to come back to school again. I was thinking, "Oh no, I broke this kid, and now he hates school!" Later on, the teacher came back and was like, "Yeah, he does that a lot." Haha, I am so easily manipulated by the little ones! I much prefer my middle school kids, but I'm so glad people like you love to be with the itty-bitties!

Awww, thank you for sharing that story! How amazing that you got the positive test on that exact day! I have read about people trying for years and years, and I've watched my fair share of videos on YouTube where people are shocked with positive tests after infertility. Even so, I didn't think it was going to be such an emotional experience for us!

That is definitely the parade we miss the most! It's so surprising because I never stopped for parades in the past and didn't think that I'd enjoy Jammin' Jungle Parade as much as we did! We really miss it!

Nighttime Train Ride

Based on the last video and these photos, it seems we may have walked all the way to Thunder Mountain and didn't end up riding since neither of us have any pictures from it. Thankfully, a January trip meant that it was easy to walk back and forth without being too crowded or hot out. Frontierland is my least favorite place to be in the middle of the summer crowds! The nighttime is just a completely different atmosphere. Plus, you end up seeing creatures like this!!! That's a pretty large spider!

Nighttime fruit snack?

As shown in an earlier post, Splash Mountain was down during this trip, but now it was lit by work lights. Isn't it so fascinating how much work gets done at night? I think it'd be amazing to be there after hours. It must be so peaceful and a little bit eerie.

We decided to take the train to our next destination because walking at this point was rather tiring.

Plus, the train is an attraction in itself! I feel that any outdoor attraction is a must to do at night too. Jungle Cruise at night was something I knew was going to be different, but the train was a surprising ride! It's like a completely different experience. They even have the ghostly CMs out to man the attractions!

A seat on the train can be quite the respite after a long day and when it's raining. As you can see, we were escaping the bit of rain that had picked up at that time.

When the train finally showed up, it took a little bit of extra time to load. It had nothing to do with the CMs who were well-trained at their jobs.

Instead, it was because of this kid who was throwing a full-on tantrum on the platform. After my cousin had a baby, she was telling me that she learned NEVER to judge parents again. It's completely different when you're a parent yourself. Now I don't quite understand that 100% yet because I know I haven't been in these parents' shoes with a kid having a tantrum in public and trying to do anything you can to draw less attention to what's happening, but the reason why Howard took this picture is because he couldn't understand why the dad (yes, we're assuming that was the dad and not like ... the woman's brother or friend) was just standing there and watching instead of helping at least hold the big ol' bag the lady was carrying! Okay, now that I write that out, I feel that it might sound judgmental! Watch years down the road, Howard and I have to deal with a kid throwing a tantrum in that exact same spot!

Once it was all cleared, we hopped on board, and Howard and I both took pictures of the seats. Haha, you can clearly tell which one is his! Maybe if I finish through this TR (EVENTUALLY), I can get to our spontaneous August trip where we both brought a DSLR with us!

Disney with my best friend is so much fun!

And being able to see Thunder Mountain at night from the train is one of the most fun things because you can see all the crazy shenanigans occuring on the 2nd floor of the saloon!

We still had hours ahead of us to have some of our own crazy shenanigans in Magic Kingdom!

I haven't' been on the Dis in a few weeks. Finally catching back up!

I have definitely learned not to judge other parents since becoming a parent myself. Everyone has been there at one point or another. And every single child is just SO DIFFERENT that you never know what you are going to get or what may/may not work!!

All the Disney parks have such a different feeling at night. So much more magical in my opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter