weighted blankets ?

mommasita

DIS VETERAN
Can we discuss ?
I’ve read a lot and seen so much
I am a HORRIBLE sleeper. Do they help ? What size, etc

I bought one for my daughter a year ago. It has helped her a lot!
The first one I bought from Costco and ended up returning because the beads were all lose in the blanket. That’s an epic failure. The beads fall to your sides.
Ensure the blanket has the quares and beads are sewn in each square. Good luck!

Can we discuss ?
I’ve read a lot and seen so much
I am a HORRIBLE sleeper. Do they help ? What size, etc
I am a terrible sleeper as well. Falling asleep is easy. Staying a sleep is (pardon the pun) a nightmare, and sleeping through until morning is a similar ordeal. I picked up a weighted blanket at Costco a year or so ago. I would say that the weighted blanket has helped. The blanket I have is the Beautyrest Black Weighted Blanket (15 pounds), which Costco carried awhile back for about $50, but I think they are carrying a Pendleton one now. I don't know what the dimensions are on mine (I could measure if you need me to), but mine only lays on my side of the bed. My husband has no need for one. I would say that trying one, if you can afford to experiment with it, is worth a go. My sleep isn't perfect, but it has been improved by the weighted blanket.

It sounds interesting. I am always hot too. Sheets are on and off all night. Trying one out is not a bad idea before purchasing one. Wish I knew someone close enough (like my kids) who has one.

I did borrow my son's noise/air purifier machine. My daughter-in-law said to try it before purchasing one. Glad I did - did not help :(

I wish I could get one, but I know it will make me to hot.
Before my hysterectomy I slept with many blankets, flannel pjs and socks on.
After my hysterectomy I sleep with a sheet, light blanket, short sleeves and no socks.
I miss the days of bundling up and laying under all those comforters.
I hope the weighted blanket helps you - having A hard time sleeping is horrible. I also had trouble with sleep after my hysterectomy and I talked to my doctor about it. She gave me a script to help slow my brain down and it’s helped. My sleep now isn’t great, but it is better. If your sleep continues to be bad, talk to your doctor and maybe they can help you.

I have one and my daughter has one. Like @Grand Koalafornian said, I like mine for naps, or just resting. However, I don't like it for sleeping because I move around too much. My daughter loves hers and uses it year round, even in the summer.

I have heard it recommended to get one that's about 10% of your body weight. Mine is a little heavier than that (15 lbs), but I bought it because it was on major sale and I didn't want to spend a lot.

Make sure you're getting the right weight. We got one and it was TOO heavy for my liking. We live in South Florida so the heat was also a concern. We wound up returning and not replacing. I know some people absolutely love them and swear they sleep better. I think it's definitely worth a try!

I am a terrible sleeper as well. Falling asleep is easy. Staying a sleep is (pardon the pun) a nightmare, and sleeping through until morning is a similar ordeal. I picked up a weighted blanket at Costco a year or so ago. I would say that the weighted blanket has helped. The blanket I have is the Beautyrest Black Weighted Blanket (15 pounds), which Costco carried awhile back for about $50, but I think they are carrying a Pendleton one now. I don't know what the dimensions are on mine (I could measure if you need me to), but mine only lays on my side of the bed. My husband has no need for one. I would say that trying one, if you can afford to experiment with it, is worth a go. My sleep isn't perfect, but it has been improved by the weighted blanket.

This is great info. Thank you, I’m going to check out Costco, my husband has no need either.
I can fall asleep easily as well, as I’m exhausted, but can’t stay,

ETA: I checked Costco quickly online, we have beauty rest or life comfort. I think I’ll go to see if they have them in stores when I can,

Last edited:
Make sure you're getting the right weight. We got one and it was TOO heavy for my liking. We live in South Florida so the heat was also a concern. We wound up returning and not replacing. I know some people absolutely love them and swear they sleep better. I think it's definitely worth a try!

This is what I need to investigate. The weight part, I’m going to research tonight. Ty

I saw they have cooling weighted blankets on Costco

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Great input. I’m also glad if it can help out anyone else.

This is what I need to investigate. The weight part, I’m going to research tonight. Ty
Mine is 15 pounds and it is HEAVY for me to lug around as a lump. I read somewhere that you should get one that is 10%??? of your body weight. (Check on that...it has been awhile since I have researched them.) I can't imagine having to move one any heavier than what I have. You think 15 pounds doesn't sound like much until you are trying to drag that thing around in the morning to make your bed.

man, if they ever improved cooling technology, it would be AWESOME to have a cold weighted blanket for those of us who live on the surface of the sun. I am so tired of feeling hot/sweaty every night.

For those who have trouble sleeping, either going to sleep or waking up too often, have you considered having a sleep study at a sleep lab, usually associated with hospitals?

man, if they ever improved cooling technology, it would be AWESOME to have a cold weighted blanket for those of us who live on the surface of the sun. I am so tired of feeling hot/sweaty every night.
Hi neighbor!

My DH has a weighted throw on his side of the bed. It's way too hot for me.

I hate it on his side. Every time he rolls over, it drags the covers off of me and wakes me up.

I created this monster, and he loves that blanket. I get to remove it from the bed in the summer because then it's too hot for him, too.

Reactions: shh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter