• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weight Watchers ?

MommieMommie!

Mouseketeer
I just went to the WW web site and found it extremely vague in regard to cost. I feel like I need a "structured plan", but am not sure about the cost involving weight watchers. Can anyone shed some light on the $ issue?

I have also been unable to find a Curves in our area, rural NC, however, we do have a YMCA membership that I am planning to utilize for more than DDs swimming lessons!

Any help and personal opinions on the WW thing would be greatly appreciated!

I've been on WW since last June. I've lost 36 pounds, about 30 more to go. I think it's a great plan. There's 5 people at work on it, we've all lost over 30 pounds, one is over 50. They have a bunch of different price plans. I got the 18 week plan, then a 9 week and then another 18 week. The 18 week plan the last time I got it was $176 (January). If you want to pay by the week, I believe it's $12. Then there's a $40 signup fee. When you buy the longer plans, they usually include the signup. You can go to a local meeting or call the 800# to find out what plans are available in your area, I believe they vary by state.

There are a number of different options for payment. When I signed up in January, it turned out my cheapest option was using my health plan. It waived the registration fee and gave me meetings at a discounted rate but I had to pay for 12 weeks upfront.

Debbie is right that you can also pay by the meeting. Most of the people at our center use one of the pay ahead programs because it works out to be less expensive over the time period for them.

Talk with the staff up front at the registration desk. They were really helpful in laying out all my options and picking the one that fit my budget and attendance style.

I live in NC too.

I do the $99 for 10 weeks pre-pay option. There are no registration fees with this option. You get 10 coupons and just turn one in every week when you go.:)

I'll give this another try. Here is the spot to find out the amount information. At the bottom it states that you need to put your zip in to find the closest meeting to your area and it will give the payment information there since it apparently varies by location.

You will need to click on prices and special offers for the location that you'd be interested in attending. Good luck!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/mywwprogram/a10_tour_meet_06.asp

The quality of the WW website for your meeting info depends on your franchise. (TN just tells you to call the center, not real helpful) I am doing WW online and find it works for me, but I think it all depends.

I believe the reason for the vagueness at the WW site is that some WW's are franchised and some are WW owned. I live in an area where there are both. From what I understand the franchised ones can set their own prices within certain guidelines. I attend a WW own meeting. There are some pay ahead plans that make the weekly fees cheaper but I like being on the pay as you go plan. When I hand over that 10 dollar bill each week it is an incentive to stay focused on the program. I think if I were handing over a coupon it wouldn't have the same effect.

The only day meetings are held here are on Mondays. The first meeting is free, so I am going to go and get the "location specific" details! I have talked a friend into jumping in with me, so I think I am on the right track - THANKS!

Good for you! It will make it a little easier joining with a friend.

:)

MommieMommie- Good for you! I joined with two friends, and it is really good to have that support. Two of the three of us are doing really well. We WILL NOT let each other cheat. The third one unfortunately WAS doing well, until her doctor put her on steroids for an illness:(

Another option would be to purchase the at home plan. It's $100 for all the materials and can be purchased through the ww web site. This was the only option for me as I am unable to attend meetings. I have two year old twins and my dh runs his own business with erratic hours. The people at weight watchers didn't want me to bring the children, and my dh couldn't guarantee to be available on a regular basis. It's a little harder doing it on your own, but I've lost 17 pounds since January. Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

The people at weight watchers didn't want me to bring the children

Wow! That's too bad. Our meeting is filled with kids of all ages from little babies to 7,8, and 9 year olds. Not to mention a few teens who are actually members. And the kids are great.

Some centers do have specific "mommy" meetings...maybe there's another center near you that does? I know I have about 7 towns within a 20 minute drive to pick from for meetings.

I just signed up last night, right now, the registration fee is waived.

I'm on the Loyalty Plan and I'll pay $9.95 every week. I must pay Missed Week Fees to keep my membership current (but I'll get 3 free passes to be used towards 3 missed weeks within a 26 week period.)

I joined because I need the structure. I also think being held accountable for my "weight loss" (or not!) will keep me on the straight and narrow in terms of eating right!

We'll see!

You can do it Blondie!! If I can, anyone can. I have 30 pounds down, 15 more to go. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. Ukrops has Skinny Cow ice cream in all of the flavors, yummy for 2 points. They also have the fudge bars for 1 point. I HIGHLY recommend these for treats!!!

30 pounds laurenk--THAT'S GREAT! Congratulations!!!

Ukrops is my grocery store of choice, in fact I'll be there in just a little while!

I'll be looking for the Skinny Cow! Thanks for the tip!!

My friend and I joined on 4/2/02 and we got in on the tail end of a 8 week program, the cost for us was $30.ish for 3 weeks. The weight watcher rep said that they were going to start the "traditional" program at the end of April where you can pay $9.95 per week. I'll understand more about the payments as I attend, but I'm excited about the program. My friend and I are doing the buddy system, where we'll try to motivate each other and we've started walking together. I'm hoping to lose 25-30 pounds by September 28th, (that's hubby & my first day at Disney!).:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc Wish me luck!

I'm back from Ukrops and the Skinny Cow Fudge Bars are delicious!

Aren't they good? If they don't have them in the case, ask them to go get more out of the back, I do. Those things sell like hot cakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter