• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weight Watchers Chat - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessie, I'm right there with you on the struggling thing. Your 0.4 weekly seems really reasonable. If I did that, I'd be where I want to be by the end of summer.

I went back and looked at my tracking history and, lo and behold, the weeks I track all 7 days, I lose weight, when I track 3 or 4 days, it's a little gain. I know I'm going to gain at my WI today, but I want to go to my meeting. DH and I were talking last night about needing some "reason" to stay on the weight loss bus -- a wedding, or reunion or something. But then we realized we really don't care what others think of how we look, so we need to have a different motivational goal. :scratchin

How about just living long enough to drive each other crazy!! :goodvibes Health is usually the top motivation for me!

How about just living long enough to drive each other crazy!! :goodvibes Health is usually the top motivation for me!

That's perfect! Our DD17 is leaving for a 6 week bike trip on Sunday and it will be just DH and me. We always say it's fortunate that we still like each other after all this time. So, if we get healthier, we'll just be around together that much longer!

I did a cardio tennis class last night. It was a terrific work out and so much more fun than just running. Sweat was pouring off me after the hour. DD went with me and she also had fun.

That's great, congrats on the loss!! What are DPs and APs? I can't wait to do my first weigh-in on Monday!

DP = Daily Points (varies per person)
AP = Activity Points (varies per activity)
Also there is WP = Weekly points (49 for everyone)

Weighed in at lunch. I was down 1.2 :) for a grand total of 26#! It was another surprising number since the weekend before was DD's birthday with a cookout on Sunday with cupcakes and dinner at a hibachi place on Monday followed by cake and ice cream. (I was in the negative for WPs and APs AGAIN!) I ran 5 miles last night so I think that helped. lol

I'm going to try to be completely OP all week and see what happens. I'm hoping to reach 30# by the end of the month.

That's perfect! Our DD17 is leaving for a 6 week bike trip on Sunday and it will be just DH and me. We always say it's fortunate that we still like each other after all this time. So, if we get healthier, we'll just be around together that much longer!

I did a cardio tennis class last night. It was a terrific work out and so much more fun than just running. Sweat was pouring off me after the hour. DD went with me and she also had fun.

That's great!! I hate "exercise", but I love to play games (though it's been a loooooooooong time!) like softball, basketball, etc. My knees are so bad right now (getting them both replaced within the next year) I really can't do anything but swim...but to me that's boring too. I need friends to play Marco Polo with! :rotfl:

That's great!! I hate "exercise", but I love to play games (though it's been a loooooooooong time!) like softball, basketball, etc. My knees are so bad right now (getting them both replaced within the next year) I really can't do anything but swim...but to me that's boring too. I need friends to play Marco Polo with! :rotfl:

Marco Polo! THAT brings back memories- :) :) ! I think you're making the best of a bad situation - take care of those knees!

Had a pretty good week - down 1.6 and finally made 5%! :cool1: But, haven't exercised in 2 days - time to get this butt in gear!! :tigger: Have a great day, everyone!

Linda :earsgirl:

DP = Daily Points (varies per person)
AP = Activity Points (varies per activity)
Also there is WP = Weekly points (49 for everyone)

Thanks, I'm familiar with the points, but didn't put 2 + 2 together. I saved some of my WP this week for a BIG Pepsi :yay::yay::yay::yay: May not be the wisest use of points, but I've missed my Pepsi so much this week!! I've been putting Mio liquid drops in my water...I'm really struggling with drinking the required water, and this helps some. The orange drops actually makes the water taste orange crush-ish.

Tonight we are trying the Coleslaw WW Recipe....I think I'm starting to drive DH crazy (because he likes to cook) asking what's in this, what's in that, so I can get my points right.

I can't wait to weigh in on Monday!! I can feel my pants are the teensy tinniest looser. :goodvibes

Marco Polo! THAT brings back memories- :) :) ! I think you're making the best of a bad situation - take care of those knees!

Had a pretty good week - down 1.6 and finally made 5%! :cool1: But, haven't exercised in 2 days - time to get this butt in gear!! :tigger: Have a great day, everyone!

Linda :earsgirl:

Yay for your 5% :banana::banana::banana:

I'm having my left knee replaced in November....hoping I can lose while recouping, considering I'll be on pain meds and probably won't feel like eating much. Kind of scary too, though, because I'll be home for 4 weeks and bored, and when I get bored, I want to eat!!! DH will be getting groceries, so I'll just have to tell him not to get stuff I won't be able to resist!

Down 4 pounds at my WI this morning! :yay: I also made 5%! I'm soooo excited. I had done pretty bad on Friday night because we ordered sandwiches from this amazing place, but when I figured out the points it was like 43! :scared1: Ironically I did use a lot of my WP this week and this is when I posted a big loss. I wonder if it's related.

Down 4 pounds at my WI this morning! :yay: I also made 5%! I'm soooo excited. I had done pretty bad on Friday night because we ordered sandwiches from this amazing place, but when I figured out the points it was like 43! :scared1: Ironically I did use a lot of my WP this week and this is when I posted a big loss. I wonder if it's related.

Congrats on weight loss!! :banana: It sounds to me like you're really being mindful of points and that's why you lost. But, yeah, those restaurant foods can really freak you out!! :eek:

Congrats on weight loss!! :banana: It sounds to me like you're really being mindful of points and that's why you lost. But, yeah, those restaurant foods can really freak you out!! :eek:

Had I known it would be so many points I wouldn't have gotten it. The bread is what really did me in! Next time I'll take the bread off and just eat the chicken and toppings.

Congratulations!! :banana::banana: That must have been some sandwich to be 43 points, I think a Whopper with cheese is only 16! :goodvibes But hey, to me, that's what the WP are for, a little splurge so you don't feel deprived.

Congratulations!! :banana::banana: That must have been some sandwich to be 43 points, I think a Whopper with cheese is only 16! :goodvibes But hey, to me, that's what the WP are for, a little splurge so you don't feel deprived.

Oh it was lol. A grilled chicken hero with fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, and a balsamic reduction.

Had I known it would be so many points I wouldn't have gotten it. The bread is what really did me in! Next time I'll take the bread off and just eat the chicken and toppings.

I had a similar thing occur. I ordered Bruschetta Chicken Pasta at TGIFridays. Whole grain pasta, tomatoes, chicken -- sounds ok to me. Got home and figured the points. 24! Part of me wished that if I was going to go into my WP that I would have at least gotten something that I really wanted instead of getting something that seemed ok but didn't really satisfy. What I really want is a cheesesteak sub with extra cheese. :)

Well, today was my first weigh-in, and I lost exactly 6.5 pounds!! :banana::banana::banana:

I don't expect anymore big losses like this again, I typically lose big the first week, and then dwindle down to 1-2 pounds a week....but that's okay, I'm not feeling deprived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter