Weekends vs weekdays at Legoland/SW/Zoo?

jenjersnap

yadda yadda yadda
So, we're planning a big 11 day trip in mid-late October. :cool1: Everything I read says to do DL during the week for max crowd avoidance. Unfortunately, that means that everything else will need to be toured on the weekends.

Are they all mobbed on weekends? So, crowded that it isn't worth it? Are there touring suggestions out on the Net or in a tour book for efficient touring of these attractions? As you can see, I have 3 little ones and too much line waiting will not be possible.

Alternately, can someone assure me that, say, an October Sunday at one of the DL parks wouldn't be too bad. After all, touring plans are much easier to come by for the Disney parks, it seems.

Thanks!

. . . Everything I read says to do DL during the week for max crowd avoidance. Unfortunately, that means that everything else will need to be toured on the weekends. . .
Go to Disneyland during the week.

Weekend lines at the other places will not be as bad as the weekend lines at Disneyland.

Woody

If you're there for 11 days you can take some other weekdays for the other attractions can't you?
I'd do Legoland on a weekday because the park is smaller so even with a smaller crowd it will still be busy on a weekend and the lines will be long.
The zoo will be more doable on a weekend I think. Busy but manageable and no lines to stand in for rides. We've been there 2x on weekends in the summer and it was busy but not crazy busy like DL can get.
I've heard that the first few hours on Sundays at DL are not bad off season so you may want to start there and see how it goes, if it gets too busy then head for the beach and relax a little :)

If you're there for 11 days you can take some other weekdays for the other attractions can't you?
I'd do Legoland on a weekday because the park is smaller so even with a smaller crowd it will still be busy on a weekend and the lines will be long.
The zoo will be more doable on a weekend I think. Busy but manageable and no lines to stand in for rides. We've been there 2x on weekends in the summer and it was busy but not crazy busy like DL can get.
I've heard that the first few hours on Sundays at DL are not bad off season so you may want to start there and see how it goes, if it gets too busy then head for the beach and relax a little :)

We're looping back to Huntington Beach for a couple days too.

Legoland is my main concern as well. I am going to try to re-configure to give us a weekday visit. Thanks!

Keep in mind that a lot of the year Legoland is not open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Medium Crazy during any of the Halloween celebrations, but still close to zero the lines of Disney on a Sunday!! If you get there just at opening, you can see a lot of the park before the crowds roll in at about noon.
One of the Sundays in October the park has a special party for pass members, that Sunday is really quite busy as full of passholders and normal traffic.
I am a passholder and will ordinarily try to go on a weekday, but am not horrified when I go on a sunday. (except summers and spring break!).

One other thing about Legoland, is that on Thursdays they have a program called Model Moms. Moms with kids under 3 or 4 can get in all year on Thursday for free once they purchase the first ticket. So you might want to try a Monday or Friday there. The zoo and Sea World are probably fine on the weekend because you are mostly just walking and watching. I think Sea World might have a ride, but I haven't been there in a really long time. October is a great time at Disneyland...especially during the week. You can probably do both parks in 3 or 4 days pretty easily.

We just went to Southern california in August, Peak vacation time and visited legoland on a Sunday and found that the crowds were not too bad and if you get there as they open you can get in a lot during that first hour or two. You've got the perfect aged kids for this park! My boys7,6,and5 had a blast. I only wish they had a legoland on the east coast or in Florida because we live near Chicago and visit Orlando often. This was our first visit west. My youngest is autistic and he really enjoyed the park. It was not too overwhelming and everything is just the right size. I think doing the Zoo on a weekend really shouldn't be too bad because you don't have to "wait in lines" for much. We went on a Friday. We also did a day at Sea World, 3days at Disney and a day at Univerdal Studios. We got a great deal in tickets by buying the southern california citypass. They include sea world, san diego zoo, unisal studios and 3 days at disneyland/california adventure. Got a great deal thru costco and saves about $30.00 a ticket. The ticket itself saves you a bunch anyway. As you can probably tell we had a blast in California!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter